Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:55:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt full feature clients - progress tracking thread  (Read 12378 times)
bybitcoin

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:19:07 AM

I sent salsacz 100K for him and you UtopianFuture to supply your attempts pushing the PR.

And here I am to give you ~48K more to use for awarding the best opensource client for windows (on which I ll need a short report)
please provide the Nxt account to send you the 48K fund!
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:42:59 AM

I sent salsacz 100K for him and you UtopianFuture to supply your attempts pushing the PR.

And here I am to give you ~48K more to use for awarding the best opensource client for windows (on which I ll need a short report)

Hey you can send it to my donor acc 3041433146235555849. Since this is a private donor's fund, it is going to the best opensource client regardless the previous rounds of funding. I would set the date to award this amount on March 1.

bybitcoin, is it  from your personal fund or from multiple donors ? I am going to give an update in the first page.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
bybitcoin

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:04:01 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 03:26:08 AM by bybitcoin

Hey you can send it to my donor acc 3041433146235555849. Since this is a private donor's fund, it is going to the best opensource client regardless the previous rounds of funding. I would set the date to award this amount on March 1.

bybitcoin, is it  from your personal fund or from multiple donors ? I am going to give an update in the first page.
Sent 48380 Nxt to 3041433146235555849 from 2537603335500006326, please confirm.
This was the last piece of coins which I was holding in our multiple donors' pool for bounty projects.
I offered this ~48K for code auditing or cryptography review but no one came ahead to ask for them.
I finally decided to put them here for the clients progress as the most important piece of development!

But please remember: this 48380 is to award a OPENSOURCE windows or multi-platform client (which includes windows too).
I already awarded wesleyh 100K for his Mac client, so this 48K I prefer to be awarded to a client that supports windows too.
I need a report on whom you awarded, his/her client details and the amount..

utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:26:46 PM

Sent 48380 Nxt to 3041433146235555849 from 2537603335500006326, please confirm.
This was the last piece of coins which I was holding in our multiple donors' pool for bounty projects.
I offered this ~48K for code auditing or cryptography review but no one came ahead to ask for them.
I finally decided to put them here for the clients progress as the most important piece of development!

But please remember: this 48380 is to award a OPENSOURCE windows or multi-platform client (which includes windows too).
I already awarded wesleyh 100K for his Mac client, so this 48K I prefer to be awarded to a client that supports windows too.
I need a report on whom you awarded, his/her client details and the amount..

Award updated in the first page.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:57:01 AM

Good Morrrrrnin' Central Eurrrope!  

Maybe someone from the developer / GUI developer side can point out requirements for GUI clients to me?!

I am working on putting the API into a PyQt4 client, but what is considered the most urgent by the community? What are the use cases?

I know that ppl are waiting for a messaging GUI client - what does it have to do?

What nxt network info is required to be updated regularly, ie blocks/transactions/peers?

Are there any bounties left? I came relatively late to nxt, and I'd like to earn some!

I know about the Nxt full feature clients - progress tracking thread and I'll cross post this MSG there, but that thread is almost dead it seems, and this thread is  so swamped with general discussion, it

really seems difficult to get specific things sorted out here ...

HEADS UP NXT  
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:05:25 PM

W have a new client  ClieNXT (see in the front page). Test his works out and give him a feedback. NXT eco-system is growing. Such WOW  Grin

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:06:22 PM

Good Morrrrrnin' Central Eurrrope!  

Maybe someone from the developer / GUI developer side can point out requirements for GUI clients to me?!

I am working on putting the API into a PyQt4 client, but what is considered the most urgent by the community? What are the use cases?

I know that ppl are waiting for a messaging GUI client - what does it have to do?

What nxt network info is required to be updated regularly, ie blocks/transactions/peers?

Are there any bounties left? I came relatively late to nxt, and I'd like to earn some!

I know about the Nxt full feature clients - progress tracking thread and I'll cross post this MSG there, but that thread is almost dead it seems, and this thread is  so swamped with general discussion, it

really seems difficult to get specific things sorted out here ...

HEADS UP NXT  

this thread is not dead !!! Let me know what you have done and I will add it to the first page.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
l8orre
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:17:52 PM

ah, ok, I see - I'll have to add some user functinality, and then I'll send some screens in the next days ...
marcus03

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:30:28 PM

Small update on my NXT Solaris client as posted earlier in the main NXT thread:

I've made a 1400 US$ investment and upgraded my development environment to Delphi XE5 and the compatible version of the commercial Developer Express components.

The roadmap for NXT Solaris now looks like this:

1.) Move current version of my code to XE5 and release closed source 32-bit and 64-bit versions for Windows (only trivial changes).  [DONE - CS release still pending]
2.) Refactor my code to a MVC architecture, so that I can create separate GUIs while using the same version of the business logic code. [Refactoring now about 70% DONE]
3.) Create new GUIs for Windows and OS X using the same business logic, but based on the cross-platform Firemonkey libraries (technically possible targets are Windows, Android, OSX, iOS). The GUIs will not be as sexy and powerful as the closed-source Windows version, though (no Ribbon interface, no filtering, sorting, grouping in data grids, not so many icons etc..), but will still very much resemble what is in the closed-source client.
4.) Release open-source Windows version (32 and 64 bit) based on FireMonkey.
5.) Release open-source OSX version based on FireMonkey.

=> At this point you could decide if you want to use the open-source Windows and OSX version or the closed-source, slightly more sexy and powerfull Windows version.

I will reevaluate if I do versions for Android and iOS at a later point, however I will keep this option in my mind when refactoring the code in step 2. The poll shows that 25% of all voters would use it, but it also depends on which alternatives are available at that point. I would also need to invest another 500 US$ to go mobile and I don't want to do this now.

I will not target Linux, since I technically can't. Someone else might want to jump on this.

I don't know the timeline for the roadmap, so don't ask. ;-) I'll take a week of from my day job next month to get a bit of this done.
marcus03

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:01:08 PM

Here is version 1.4 of my Windows NXT client "NXT Solaris". Still closed-source, so relax...

Download
64-bit Version: NXTSolaris-v1.4-64bit.zip (44.6 MB) – Download here
SHA256 checksum for NXTSolaris-v1.4-64bit.zip: 6C603D8EB47CDF7A054DCEC950E4B08A134A9D2C623C29DC8EB37632DEC6977F

32-bit Version: NXTSolaris-v1.4-32bit.zip (43.8 MB) – Download here
SHA256 checksum for NXTSolaris-v1.4-32bit.zip: 256CF00E1A6C1242556CA4ECAEBB2D0E0C6FAA04CD14CC68B8E850D02C966EAD

For screenshots and everything else please visit: http://nxtsolaris.wordpress.com/

Installation
Simply unzip the archive and run the NXTSolaris.exe file.

The current version 1.4 is not compatible with previous versions, so please delete any existing NXT Solaris files before updating to 1.4.

Roadmap
1.) Move current version of my code to XE5 and release closed source 32-bit and 64-bit versions for Windows. [DONE]
2.) Refactor code to a MVC architecture, so that I can create separate GUIs while using the same version of the business logic code. [90% DONE - Remaining necessary work will show up while doing 3.) ]
3.) Create new GUIs for Windows and OS X using the same business logic, but based on the cross-platform Firemonkey libraries.
4.) Release Windows version (32 and 64 bit) based on FireMonkey.
5.) Release source-code for FireMonkey Windows version.
7.) Release OSX version based on FireMonkey.
8.) Release source code for FireMonkey OSX version.

Changes for v1.4
-Added market charts (DGEX, Bter, NxtChg, Vircurex) and exchange rates (from cyptocoincharts.info)
-Added feature to show NXT assets in other currencies in the personal account management
-You can now synchronize your address book after a NXT Solaris update with default address book that I ship that holds account numbers of exchnages, faucets and such
-Implemented orphan block cleanup
-Moved to Delphi XE5 in preparation for multiplatform support and open-source FireMonkey GUIs
-Windows 32-bit and 64-bit versions are now available

Thanks to NxtChg.com for doing the small animation in the status bar!

Donations
I hope you like my client and I’d be extremely happy to see some donations for the future of this project!

NXT: 1758531264253431177
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:05:22 PM

Current security problems that could be solved by new clients:

- people using weak passwords (could be implemented this or similar script so people would know they use weak password? https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,3608.msg34002.html#msg34002 )

- people sending Nxt to the wrong addresses (it looks like it is being implemented, something like - if you add a receiver accound number, you will see his ballance.

- people not generating public keys - in the client there could be some warning with explanation and advice to get it, to send 1 transaction / create 1 alias
spitefulgod

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:31:17 PM

cool maybe I can then get a block instead of being greeted by "block not generated" errors every morning...
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:11:51 PM

1 - N application Hub

Lead developer: Nexern
EST : January 26

January 26 came and gone, with no update to this date

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:36:15 PM

1 - N application Hub

Lead developer: Nexern
EST : January 26

January 26 came and gone, with no update to this date

True, the developer posted a week ago in the main thread (you know, that monster that's almost 1400 pages long!) that there has been a delay.
It's being tested at the moment and will come Smiley

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
marcus03

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:13:49 PM

Quick update for NXT Solaris sto fix an ugly bug.

Here is version 1.5 of my Windows NXT client "NXT Solaris". Still closed-source, so relax...

Download
64-bit Version: NXTSolaris-v1.5-64bit.zip (44.9 MB) – Download here
SHA256 checksum for NXTSolaris-v1.5-64bit.zip: F5165C3D70CA5617739E6798ABE75D6AE2D7A339589156DEB39657A19A1BD9B2

32-bit Version: NXTSolaris-v1.5-32bit.zip (44.1 MB) – Download here
SHA256 checksum for NXTSolaris-v1.5-32bit.zip: 0024D8480EE969A1573746ABC2E5BFDE18BFED39B02212C3C42A3D8F4C084C2B

For screenshots and everything else please visit: http://nxtsolaris.wordpress.com/

Installation
Simply unzip the archive and run the NXTSolaris.exe file.

The current version 1.5 and previous version 1.4 is not compatible with version 1.3 and before, so please delete any existing NXT Solaris files before updating to 1.5.

Roadmap
1.) Move current version of my code to XE5 and release closed source 32-bit and 64-bit versions for Windows. [DONE]
2.) Refactor code to a MVC architecture, so that I can create separate GUIs while using the same version of the business logic code. [90% DONE - Remaining necessary work will show up while doing 3.) ]
3.) Create new GUIs for Windows and OS X using the same business logic, but based on the cross-platform Firemonkey libraries.
4.) Release Windows version (32 and 64 bit) based on FireMonkey.
5.) Release source-code for FireMonkey Windows version.
7.) Release OSX version based on FireMonkey.
8.) Release source code for FireMonkey OSX version.

Changes for v1.5
-Fixed stack overflow bug when switching to another currency in personal account management
-Added password generator for adding new accounts in personal account manangement

Changes for v1.4
-Added market charts (DGEX, Bter, NxtChg, Vircurex) and exchange rates (from cyptocoincharts.info)
-Added feature to show NXT assets in other currencies in the personal account management
-You can now synchronize your address book after a NXT Solaris update with default address book that I ship that holds account numbers of exchnages, faucets and such
-Implemented orphan block cleanup
-Moved to Delphi XE5 in preparation for multiplatform support and open-source FireMonkey GUIs
-Windows 32-bit and 64-bit versions are now available

Thanks to NxtChg.com for doing the small animation in the status bar!

Donations
I hope you like my client and I’d be extremely happy to see some donations for the future of this project!

NXT: 1758531264253431177
okaynow

Activity: 546

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:56:18 AM

marcus great job mate!
i love the markets feature, no need to keep more browser windows open!

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
l8orre
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:55:30 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 12:13:28 PM by l8orre

Hey DEVs and NXT'ers - I have a few thoughts and topics about my NRS API implementation.

Needed to sort and structure my thoughts, and thought this might be nice to ask for some input.  

As of now, I have an industrial-strength implementation of the nxt client-side API.
In fact, I have been busting my ass and putting in insane hours over the last couple of weeks.

This may have the potential to become the standard nxt api client side -
but I am a bit at a loss on the modalities of how to release or market it.

I'll just drop some detail:

- uses python3
- needs libs: PyQt4, requests, json, pyqtgraph, (scipy for the algo class)
- window widget layouts are made with qtdesigner  
- uses multiple windows - more can easliy be added.
- uses PyQt4 signals and slots to bounce around signals
- there is a nxtApiSigs class, that does the actual communication with the NRS, but should not be accessed from the client windows (although no one is stopping you from doing so - pythonic!)
- there is a nxtApiBroker class, that implements the clients use case logic by composing the compound api requests.
  The nxtApiBroker then send the requests to the nxtApiSigs class. The nxtApiBroker also receives the replies that the nxtApiSigs class fetches from the NRS backend.
- the nxtApiBroker has signals that it can send to any number of widgets on multiple windows.
- feeding a widget with a signal from the backend is done in the windowcontrol.
- a signal that returns from the api can be fed into as many widgets as desired - e.g. the 'getBalance' can be sent to multipe widgets simultaneously, also on multiple windows.
- so far pretty standard MVC stuff - only that PyQT4 Sigs&Slots are brutally versatile
- NRS polling can be done with adjustable QTimers - but: it can also be hooked up to external events like a listener that listens to messages from elsewhere and then takes action
- There is a plugin for an 'Algo' class that can be used to analyze data and issue action signals (e.g. buy/sell)
- it uses scipy. scipy is THE scientific computation library. everything alse is ashes. mat***, MAT***, R, math***, MAP***,  - dust.
  Honestly: it seems totally inconceivable to me how anything remotely concerned with any kind of data analysis could with a straight face NOT use a scientific library with some kind of an array class!
- adding new API calls is a piece of cake: when 'getAccount' was added, I had it plugged in in less than one hour.
- python can also control a jvm, i.e. NRS can be included in the client!
My problem: This seems to be a carrier class api implementation I have there - alas, it is too unwieldy to become a 'full feature' client quickly, let alone being foolproof.

I think I will be able to produce a 'thin feature client' within the next two weeks, but I am hesitant to compete in the arena of 'full feature clients', because my perspective and focus are different.
I could spend the next four weeks putting on pink gloss and eyecandy - but I am not experirenced in this, and I don't have the time. And also - why waste effort by trying to put a third full feautre client in line with the already existing projects (nexern and marcus03')?  

On the other hand: The community can pick this up and develop client functionality - because it is not fucking C# or Delphi, but plain python, that anyone can pick up and amend extremely quickly.

What can I do?

- quickly put on a skeleton functionality to convince the community of the scalability and performance of the api. - Or will this be trollbait for the usual gollumssessesses ?
- hold it back and try to implement DACs and SMS gateway
- 'InsideBitcoin' will be in Berlin in two weeks. I'll work hard to get a demonstrator ready to show around there.
- guess I'll put in threading for upcoming increase in MSGs ...

BTW: under what licence are we supposed to publish our things Huh MIT licence? Just paste it on top of every file and it is done???  Or rather GPLv3?
fmiboy

Activity: 189

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:35:15 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 03:05:44 PM by fmiboy

<SOM> UPDATE: clienxt

Changelog: 0.0.3 [codename] mass effect

* status bar icons (active peers, latest block)
* preferences, settings default values
* fix various bugs in transactions list, messages list, alias list, account list.
* Introducing BULK send (nxt, messages, nxt with attached msg)

Usage: [same as before]
Unzip, download Nxt core http://info.nxtcrypto.org and unzip.
place "nxt" (NRS) folder inside "lib" folder (ClieNxt) and double click "ClieNxt.jar"

Automatically connects to the server, all outputs can be seen on console window after Send operations.

Screenshots:
sending bulk nxt to multiple accounts (separator ":" and end with ":")
possible to attach msg to each recipient also separator ":" and end with ":" after each msg.

sending bulk msg to multiple accounts (separator ":" and end with ":")

account checking before sending (balance>0, isexist(public key))

Download: https://bitbucket.org/fmiboy/clienxt/downloads/clienxt_003.zip

Report bugs: https://bitbucket.org/fmiboy/clienxt/issues?status=new&status=open and "Create issue" (really need feedback/bug reports from cross platforms (Mac, Linux))

Developers, Translators, Donators are very welcome to contribute, any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you!
<EOM>
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:50:32 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 02:34:53 PM by salsacz

Hello client guys,
I am sorry for this rude question, but just for the printed marketing reasons,

Q:

When would my mum (ok, maybe dad) be able to (download,) install and use Nxt (with your client) without me telling her anything? +- 3 weeks? Cheesy

- in one month?
- in 2 months?
- in 3 months?

thank you Smiley
bybitcoin

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:29:47 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 02:43:18 PM by bybitcoin

No way to assess a client, no matter how advanced and full functional it might be, unless it is OPEN SOURCED!

That ~48K prize should be awarded to a client the open source code of which has been audited prior to deadline. So I ask all the client developers who already released their clients, even an initial version, to present the code resource, so it could be verified before any serious using..

While I already paid 100K to wesleigh and 100K to nexern for their previous efforts, but if their coming clients support Windows OS as well, they can also be considered for that 48K prize competition.

But again, only open sourced clients gentlemen, no way to risk 1M of Nxt balance by using a closed source one!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: