Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:12:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential scam with LocalBitcoins.com (my second transaction in progress)  (Read 1574 times)
2bfree (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 01:27:56 PM

So I had a first small transaction from a member here for MoneyPak $20 he would not pay for 3 days then finally i posted here he paid and a few extra "for my trouble" asked if I could do another one so this time I thought I got smarter so I said sure lets use escrow he suggested localbitcoins.com so i setup account, gave him the MoneyPak number for $100 i have pictures, receipts transcript all sent to local bitcoin. What he did is dispute it as soon as he got the numbers and stopped talking to me again like in the first transaction.

Local bitcoin wrote this morning:

"Seller has filed a dispute! If you made the payment, please contact the seller immediately with the messaging system on the right. Also supply all additional evidence such as screenshot from the payment receipt, your bank/payment processor info, etc via the form below."

so i'm working that process now uploading everything. It's a pain in the you know what.

I'm just disappointed more then anything. I need a few hundred bucks of bitcoins to test a bitcion business idea I wanted to pay with bitcions I can't get the darn things.

In any case be careful on Localbitcions they can take your money and dispute you if you don't have records you can be toast, hopefully I'll win the dispute get the money pack money back or the bit coins in escrow. I'll post here the outcome and lesson of what happened.

Any suggestion how to buy bitcions in America without using a bank account? Is this even posible?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:28:59 PM

Should've just used an escrow here. I'm sure there are people who would accept this payment here as lomg as you used a trusted escrow.
2bfree (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 08:17:58 PM

Should've just used an escrow here. I'm sure there are people who would accept this payment here as lomg as you used a trusted escrow.

Sure but I don't know anyone yet here I'm having a very hard time making any inroads. The good news is yesterday localbitcoins.com send a message to the seller :

XXXXX(his username).localbitcoins: XXXX, could you please provide an update telling us the reason for this dispute. You have 48 hours to provide a response or we will resolved the dispute to the buyer.

I'm the buyer, I saved all the stuff and send it to localbitcoins.com proving that everything I did was on the up and up so lets see tomorrow is the 48 hours hopefully I get my bitcions, it's my first transaction with them and second in general.

Man it's hard to buy coins I got dollars and I can't buy the darn coins!

In any case I'll update you with how this resolves the guy is from this board who Im transacting with I met him here and talked on skype I just always hope everyone is decent which I'm learning they are not (it's sad).

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:17:53 AM

I've had good luck at that site. But I have only used users with a whole bunch of positive feedback. And I'm not buying major amounts.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
2bfree (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 02:30:48 AM

I've had good luck at that site. But I have only used users with a whole bunch of positive feedback. And I'm not buying major amounts.

Well this guy had tons positive:
Number of confirmed trades 100+
…with 94 different partners

Feedback score 100 %

so he setit up went to escrow i gave him the numbers he said he got it and transfered to his debit card like the first small transaction we did without escrow on here (bitcointalk.org via skype) then he disappeared and next thing i know i'm getting an email from localbitcoins.com but hopefully it will all get cleared.

I'll be more careful next transaction, it's all a learning curve for me but it's $100 so it will not kill me it's just sucks how hard it is to get bitcions with decent people.

2bfree (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 11:15:14 PM

Update on the case with LocalBitcoins.com

first the news is great, I just got the dispute resolved in my favor (hurahhh!).

So basically the procedure is they ask both parties send all documentation which I did he was told to do so he ignored it, he got a warning this morning nothing and next thing I know I have bitcions in the LocalBitcoins.com wallet.

The other cool thing is that I never transfered bitcions before so I did my first ever transfer that was cool.

Ok so on local bitcoins there is  a feedback this guy has 100+, 100% which is why I went for it. I still don't understand why he would try to get my money for $100 dollars?? Any ideas. So what should I post about the guy since it's going to be negative? Thanks and bfree!

BittyBing

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:00:17 PM

I never got scammed at that site, Pretty fast and honest sellers there.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:16:40 PM

first the news is great, I just got the dispute resolved in my favor (hurahhh!).

So basically the procedure is they ask both parties send all documentation which I did he was told to do so he ignored it, he got a warning this morning nothing and next thing I know I have bitcions in the LocalBitcoins.com wallet.

The other cool thing is that I never transfered bitcions before so I did my first ever transfer that was cool.

Ok so on local bitcoins there is  a feedback this guy has 100+, 100% which is why I went for it. I still don't understand why he would try to get my money for $100 dollars?? Any ideas. So what should I post about the guy since it's going to be negative? Thanks and bfree!

Ummmm....yes?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
2bfree (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 06:01:56 PM

Ummmm....yes?

Yup already done. I'm getting ready to do one more I'm going to go with the deposit cash to bank options see how that goes last time I did the moneypak option.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:37:02 PM

Ok so on local bitcoins there is  a feedback this guy has 100+, 100% which is why I went for it. I still don't understand why he would try to get my money for $100 dollars?? Any ideas. So what should I post about the guy since it's going to be negative? Thanks and bfree!

Ummmm....yes?

Yup already done. I'm getting ready to do one more I'm going to go with the deposit cash to bank options see how that goes last time I did the moneypak option.

Don't forget to release the name.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
2bfree (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 01:23:37 AM

Ok so on local bitcoins there is  a feedback this guy has 100+, 100% which is why I went for it. I still don't understand why he would try to get my money for $100 dollars?? Any ideas. So what should I post about the guy since it's going to be negative? Thanks and bfree!

Ummmm....yes?

Don't forget to release the name.

yes, almost forgot username: boatman he said his name is Jason on skype but once he loged in a saw another name but couldn't get it he changed it quickly

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: