Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:08:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Bounty managers are already Included KYC requirements in Bounty Thread!  (Read 199 times)
masterrex (OP)

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:33:08 AM

Some Bounty Managers are Already Responded about KYC* requirements in Bounty Campaign and Already Included in Bounty Thread Since the first Posting of the Bounty Campaign thread Thumbs UP *and to other Bounty Managers Kindly Include if the Campaign you handled is required to do KYC for Bounty Hunters.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:38:38 AM

The way I see it is that this will decrease the quality of posts in the long run instead of improving them. The people who are old in the forums, understand crypto and have high quality posts yes however, they also like to stay anonymous. In fact, It could be the reason why they started using crypto in first place. KYC will simply push people who don't care about their privacy and most likely the ones that only care about making a quick buck and maybe a minority of good quality posters.
leland orser

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:42:56 AM

If the bounty thread needs KYC data, then I don't think I will join.
For now, most of the bounty threads won't get much token, and the risk of submitting personal data is high.

D3F4L7 RAT

Activity: 172
Merit: 34

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:44:00 AM

Yes for some people it's good but I think that it will just decrease the no. of participant who are a fan of doing bounties and also to those people whos bounties are their primary source of income. I am in hunch that these KYC can result of people's Identitiy theft. Futhermore, the campaign and the project will know that their investors are legit but how can bounties participant will know that the bountie they re joining is really legit?
tahmad

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:00:07 PM

It depends on the project that handled by bounty manager.
Bounty manager just do as the dev of project want. Some bounty on first not requiring a KYC for participants, but in the middle of event the dev ask it. This is not pure of mistake of bounty manager.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:03:25 PM

Some Bounty Managers are Already Responded about KYC* requirements in Bounty Campaign and Already Included in Bounty Thread Since the first Posting of the Bounty Campaign thread Thumbs UP *and to other Bounty Managers Kindly Include if the Campaign you handled is required to do KYC for Bounty Hunters.

Lolz. That will end up with bad reputation of the ICO project. Most of them will complain about the ICO's asking for the KYC docs which participants might not be willing to give away just like that. In the long run number of participants will decrease badly and thus it will not help do the marketing for most of ICO. They will fall out of the crypto investors and thus the project will not even get started without investors and might become obsolete soon.
itsv

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 12:05:53 PM

well i think asking KYC for bounty or airdrop is ridiculous. KYC should be and in fact it is for the customers who contribute some substantial amount of money in the ico. Bounty hunters or airdrop participants most of time lets say 70% of the time are students who want some little cash and they manage to earn it through their social media presence.
Byzantium101

Activity: 249
Merit: 13

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:08:10 PM

I am not giving my ID to any campaign for the following reasons:

1 - There are other ways of checking that there is a person behind the alias.
2 - There is a high chance of the ICO being a scam: KYC is expensive and it makes no sense to do it for Bounty Hunters, so if they are doing it they are probably going to sell it in the dark web for profit.
3 - No bounty is worth having my ID documents on god knows which database and god knows what security measures if any.

So, for those campaigns that require KYC for hunters... good luck. And for those that decide to do KYC AFTER the campaign, be sure that you will be named and shamed for a long time in the forum.

Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:09:59 PM

KYC for bounty hunter is wrong in all respect! The Idea of KYC should spur dev to a solution that will make KYC irrelevant and boost investors confidence in the tech that enable free market entry and exit! KYC scourge is a serious problem for the value we hold dearly in cryptocurrency!
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:12:36 PM

I agree, that is the right thing to do in order to be transparent from the very beginning. Some bounties have never mentioned KYC until the campaigns have ended..

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 12:16:50 PM

The way I see it is that this will decrease the quality of posts in the long run instead of improving them. The people who are old in the forums, understand crypto and have high quality posts yes however, they also like to stay anonymous. In fact, It could be the reason why they started using crypto in first place. KYC will simply push people who don't care about their privacy and most likely the ones that only care about making a quick buck and maybe a minority of good quality posters.

Agreed with this statement, even I, myself avoid participating those campaign or any exchange, campaigns that needed to pass KYC. This is becasue, I simply like to stay anonymous in crypto world. KYC shouldn't be needed for airdrops or bounties, this an unnecessary option.
GhostWithin

Activity: 644
Merit: 145

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:18:27 PM

If the bounty thread needs KYC data, then I don't think I will join.
For now, most of the bounty threads won't get much token, and the risk of submitting personal data is high.

So KYC helps to increase bounty payments. It will be more difficult to participate in one bounty from several accounts.
I cannot interpret these changes as uniquely bad or good. There are pluses and minuses  Wink
haidangtp

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:20:12 PM

I do not like this problem. I do not want personal information leaked. I suppose bounty hunters do not need KYC.
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:21:39 PM

I wouldn't willing to participate to those campaigns which require KYC. But at least it is honest when they ask at first than they ask at the end of campaigns without any indication at first.

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 12:23:43 PM

KYC for bounty hunter is wrong in all respect! The Idea of KYC should spur dev to a solution that will make KYC irrelevant and boost investors confidence in the tech that enable free market entry and exit! KYC scourge is a serious problem for the value we hold dearly in cryptocurrency!

I agree that KYC should only be done for ICO investors and not bounty hunters. But if they are going to do KYC from bounty hunters, they should check the amount of token they receive if it is big amount of token then maybe they could implement the KYC, even if it is wrong to do for non-investors for me, for bounty hunters because of receiving big amount of tokens.
shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:23:53 PM

The KYC clarification must be made from the beginning of the campaign. KYC forms always happen at the end of the campaign without prior notice. but we still have to obey the rules made by bounty managers.

Barrueco

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:32:58 PM

I think this is not the manager's decision. I think in many cases this decision belongs to ICO team. If the team close the bounty for ex. for USD citizen, the bounty manager holds responsible bounty participant about KYC.
Daostack team gives ETH as the reward to the bounty participant. They don't want to give their coins to the citizens of the restricted area for ICO and even for bounty.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
arthotdog

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:38:49 PM

I totally agreed on that,and even those not so old here has same reason why instead of banking they choose to be here,because of privacy that is i guess rights of every individuals..
Not because we want to hide something not good,but its about security and privacy and requiring kyc will only lead us in the edge of safety and vulnerability.i believe that in some point that must be abolished
cynta

Activity: 165

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:39:11 PM

It's a good idea, since the first time an ICO program deals with KYC,,, participants will be free to follow the program or not. So if there is a participant who still decides that he is aware of the consequences. While I myself chose not to follow the bounty that requires KYC, because I do not want to share personal information to foreigners.
masulum
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1593

hmph..

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 12:48:31 PM

I think if BM use KYC for bounty hunter maybe because he want to safe projects from bounty participant who use fake account.

if it not safe for privacy, bounty participant can skip it or research bounty manager before join campaign.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀