Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:47:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Bounty managers are already Included KYC requirements in Bounty Thread!  (Read 199 times)
Lan75
Copper Member

Activity: 363
Merit: 9

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:50:26 PM

The way I see it is that this will decrease the quality of posts in the long run instead of improving them. The people who are old in the forums, understand crypto and have high quality posts yes however, they also like to stay anonymous. In fact, It could be the reason why they started using crypto in first place. KYC will simply push people who don't care about their privacy and most likely the ones that only care about making a quick buck and maybe a minority of good quality posters.
You have a point there buddy but i think KYC is one way of combating cheaters in a bounty campaign, specifically registering multiple accounts in a single campaign. In my opinion those people here that does not give up their identity are those already successful in this trade and we can call millionaire so giving up their identity would compromise their safety.
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:02:23 PM

Firstly, it is necessary to point out the KYC requirement at the beginning of the campaign, in the ANN thread. Furthermore, I think this is a good option to reduce spam, but many people prefer crypto because they can invest their money anonymously.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:08:50 PM

there are good and bad about KYC included in bounty campaign. if you don't want to join then don't. there are other bounty that don't have KYC. there are many fake accounts in this forum and they can't trace them all.
DimOrloff

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:14:40 PM

It will very good if all bounty managers will make the common topics rules such as ICO start and end date, KYC necessary, report form etc. It will make bounty hunter's life easier.
ArkiCrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:15:37 PM

I've opened a topic for this a few weeks ago and I've seen a topics too in the meta section. Well I would just say each of everyone (participants/Bounty hunter) We should be responsible for ourselves because giving an information to the internet may cause threat or problems to us specially if they use your documents to frauds.

The KYC is used for the investors to know their credibility as an investor and to control money laundering. So if it's a requirement for bounties here are the questions.

1. Why I would pass KYC if i'm just a participant of bounty (Promoter of the project) why do they need my identity?
2. What's their purpose?

Well we can't control people if they want to pass, then pass it. We should be responsible if anything happens. In my opinion stay away from the bounties or airdrops that needs a KYC as one of the requirements.
maman09

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:34:49 PM

maybe that's a good idea, but at least you can find out that the bounty project you are following will require KYC. and it's easy for you to search and make sure. if you always try to learn and read from the official website is usually always notified before will require KYC. and may ask for telegram.
vhroen

Activity: 114

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 04:00:09 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2018, 04:18:36 PM by vhroen

Some Bounty Managers are Already Responded about KYC* requirements in Bounty Campaign and Already Included in Bounty Thread Since the first Posting of the Bounty Campaign thread Thumbs UP *and to other Bounty Managers Kindly Include if the Campaign you handled is required to do KYC for Bounty Hunters.

Good to hear that op, that some managers were able to respond positively to the sentiments of the bounty hunters that bounty thread should have written statement whether KYC is required for hunters or not. So that the hunter would not be surprised at the end of the campaign and can decide right away if the hunter doesn't want to undergo dreaded and long KYC process for this might be used for identity fraud and your identity might be compromised.
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1767

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:13:36 PM

I renounce such bounty campaigns. There are just too many scam ICO out there. So I don't want to give everyone my personal data. Maybe only if I am 100% sure that it is not scam, I would do it. But I can never be 100% sure.  Roll Eyes
masterrex (OP)

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:40:49 AM

Some Bounty Managers are Already Responded about KYC* requirements in Bounty Campaign and Already Included in Bounty Thread Since the first Posting of the Bounty Campaign thread Thumbs UP *and to other Bounty Managers Kindly Include if the Campaign you handled is required to do KYC for Bounty Hunters.

Good to hear that op, that some managers were able to respond positively to the sentiments of the bounty hunters that bounty thread should have written statement whether KYC is required for hunters or not. So that the hunter would not be surprised at the end of the campaign and can decide right away if the hunter doesn't want to undergo dreaded and long KYC process for this might be used for identity fraud and your identity might be compromised.

Thats the primary objective to inform the Future Bounty Participants that this specific Bounty Campaign has a (KYC requirements) in order to recieve Bounty Payments, this is very Important and rigth thing to do. Announce it first in the Bounty Thread and Let the future Bounty Participants  decides if He/She wants to join the Campaign that require to do KYC. its a privacy issue and it matters thats why its a very Important topic. Thanks to those (Bounty Managers) who  Already responded positively.
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 08:30:47 AM

This is still the problem. We, as signatories of the ICO signature campaign, are required to provide our confidential data and copies of our passports to persons who themselves are not identified anywhere and are likely to be fraudsters themselves. In addition, we do not even know whether they are entitled to require the participants of the signature campaign to pass a KYC test, because we do not invest in their projects.
I personally try not to participate in signature companies where KYC is possible, however attractive the ICO project might seem. For me it's important.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:27:51 PM

after all, they say it to you beforehand and not afterwards, that you still have to make kyc. i like that. so everyone can decide whether he wants to participate or not.
LoneWolfZ

Activity: 102

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:33:54 PM

You know there's alot of fake members here with us so i think they use that kyc requirements to to keep them away from the campaign, and of course they should say from the first minute if there will be kyc or not in that particular campaign
nickolaileskov

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:36:43 PM

For me, this system of verification has not affected. Because I provide only the information required from me, and what they require, can not be used. The passport can only see the name and photo, the rest I cover up and it works.
fileo

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:42:04 PM

That is ok than to implement kyc at the end of the campaign. I think it is fair enough to announce kyc at the beginning in order to be followed accordingly. Transparency is important.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:58:59 PM

KYC is good to identify the alt accounts but already merits system is runs successfully in Crypto market and some peoples are not ready to submit personal information because many hackers are available in the market so they are not giving the personal data. In current scenario no one ask the KYC I don't care this requirement.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
barhavsky

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:04:09 PM

If the bounty manager requires bounty of participants to perform KYC it is actually good to reduce multiple accounts in a bounty campaign but it can also be detrimental to bounty participants because their personal data can be misused for crime.

Oniko

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:12:29 PM

I advocate the introduction of KYC in the bounty

This will clear the ICO market from scammers. The creators of the project will receive high-quality work from the bounty of hunters and reduce the risk of bots participating in the bounty
sebastianweyer655@gmail.c

Activity: 103

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:13:53 PM

Yeah, I imagine it's to stop people multi accounting, it's obviously not a legal requirement as we aren't customers. Personally I'll avoid those though, not giving some random people my passport details haha.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: