Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 01:47:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blew up a redfury, is it bin time for it?  (Read 508 times)
PsyPhoenix1 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:55:09 PM

I did something extremely stupid the other day. I, in a jumble of wires, plugged my 12v BFL Jalapeno power into my 5v D-Link Hub...ooops! Within a second the redfury/hub (not sure which) began to smoke which is where I hastily unplugged it.

The USB Hub works fine still, but the Redfury now comes up on windows as "usb device has malfunctioned and cannot be used" I also had a lil 333MH/s erupter which also blew up but I don't care much about that, that one doesn't even read as being plugged in.

Is it time to bin the redfury or is there any hope at all. I don't really know anything about circuit board electronics, could a pencil mod save me if it's blown the resistor or anything like that?
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:41:41 PM

This guy is recommended.
Hopefully he can help you.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364290.0

I did something extremely stupid the other day. I, in a jumble of wires, plugged my 12v BFL Jalapeno power into my 5v D-Link Hub...ooops! Within a second the redfury/hub (not sure which) began to smoke which is where I hastily unplugged it.

The USB Hub works fine still, but the Redfury now comes up on windows as "usb device has malfunctioned and cannot be used" I also had a lil 333MH/s erupter which also blew up but I don't care much about that, that one doesn't even read as being plugged in.

Is it time to bin the redfury or is there any hope at all. I don't really know anything about circuit board electronics, could a pencil mod save me if it's blown the resistor or anything like that?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: