Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:50:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Found a way to multiply Coinye and Doge earnings [Not telling ((yet))]  (Read 1435 times)
SeriousCoins14 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Coinoholic

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:31:55 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 09:31:25 PM by SeriousCoins14

I need to look further into this, based on some friendly and some not so friendly input I may have stumbled on an unfair exploit. I'm not sharing an unfair exploit. Thats that for now.

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
Bigeyeone

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:37:59 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 07:48:05 PM by Bigeyeone

if this is for real, which I highly doubt, what you should do then is buy as many GPU's as you can and dont tell anyone about it  Wink

and if you must sell this secret, well, you should find a senior member with a good trust reputation that can verify your claim

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
Bigeyeone

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:49:22 PM

well, if you must sell this secret, well, you should find a senior member with a good trust reputation that can verify your claim, that would go a long way if you want to convince others this is for real and this really works, you know kinda like the scientific peer review process

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
MadMatt

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:50:00 PM

Could it be only usable for the 5770's? or does it have to do with the program / pool?

Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=433534.0
LeaseRig.net Bot Name: MinerMatt Running @ ~3.54Mh/s
Scratch

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:56:28 PM

Ive a 5770 mining. If you want I'll try whatever it is and corroborate your story. Not a hugely regular poster on here so obviously up to you whether you trust me or not.

Litecoin is the way forward. Dont go near it yet though, i want it all for me Wink
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:11:07 PM

essentially you're asking how to monetize software that was given to you for free... classy
MadMatt

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:17:04 PM

Why does it say 5700? Thought you had 5770's, driver issue? Looked up that 5700's only get around ~100 khs. Seems kinda fishy now, you should have someone with good trust try it

AdamWhite

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:25:49 PM

Sorry to hear that. If I discovered a sure thing, I would scrape together everything I could to purchase older, less efficient mining gear and host the miners with friends and family. Best of luck in your endeavor
AdamWhite

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:33:29 PM

I have a 1.5MH rig mining on middlecoin right now. If there was some way to split the earnings generated from the excess hashpower that would be win-win
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:38:41 PM

Why does it say 5700? Thought you had 5770's, driver issue?

Interesting catch, I'm not sure.. I'm running the latest Catalyst drivers, Afterburner also says 5700.. I guess it just means 5700 series. Mining software all sees Juniper which is the name of 5770s alone if I'm not mistaken.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150447

This is the exact card (2x), I looked up the 5750, those have a 720 core clock and 1150 memory stock. These are 850/1200.. 1 is overclocked a bit

I didn't exactly expect anybody to believe me, I mentioned it in an IRC chat and got laughed out the door. How exactly am I supposed to prove beyond a doubt that I'm not lying? There will always be some fatal flaw that leaves people thinking its a hoax.

For reference, I have a R9 280s, and Catalyst says 200. I have the latest stable drivers. I think the drivers are designed for a series, rather than a specific card. So it means 57xx, or 2xx, essentially.

Nothing to worry about.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:41:29 PM

What the hell did i just read....

This thread went full retard.
Nullu

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:41:43 PM

Aren't you the same guy looking for charity donations?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412035.msg4463690#msg4463690

Highly suspect.

RB25

Activity: 831

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:42:32 PM

Is it a hardware tweek or a software/code tweek?

.BITSONG.
████
████
████
████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████

████
            ████
            ████
            ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
██
██
██
██
██        ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██
            ██
.▬▬▬▬TELEGRAM▬▬▬▬.
⇪  CHANNEL   ⇪    GROUP   ⇪
Twitter  Facebook  Medium
MadMatt

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:47:15 PM

My Nvidia registers all the numbers :/ my bad. If this turns out to work and someone DOES donate, whats stopping them from using what you told them to resell and so on? I'd just keep it to yourself and everyones happy Smiley

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 08:48:41 PM

There's a bug in some pool soft which counts INvalid shares as valid shares, since it's very easy to produce invalid shares and you are able to produce them at much higher speed, this is what he does.

the problem is, you're stealing from the other who mine in the pool as you're share rate is displays higher than it really this thus giving you more from the block than you deserve.

good pool ops see this immediately and ban you from the pool (freezing your earnings until then) and fix their pool soft so nobody can do this again.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Nullu

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:57:13 PM

There's a bug in some pool soft which counts INvalid shares as valid shares, since it's very easy to produce invalid shares and you are able to produce them at much higher speed, this is what he does.

the problem is, you're stealing from the other who mine in the pool as you're share rate is displays higher than it really this thus giving you more from the block than you deserve.

good pool ops see this immediately and ban you from the pool (freezing your earnings until then) and fix their pool soft so nobody can do this again.

I know what he's done, then. Changed the algo from scrypt, right? You can submit invalid shares very quickly by using a different algo.

lfgomez

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:06:23 PM

I'm not a real miner, I don't even have a AMD card or a Desktop PC, but I tested some tweaks for CPU miners on my notebook and got 10 to 15% increase in my hash power using AVX2 instructions.
Not very good for cpu, I know.. :-)

But I have an idea: If you can code your modification on cgminer, why don't you compile a version with your modification and a hardcoded mining pool for DOGE with your login and password. I mean, create a version that will only mine on your account, don't accept address, login and password input, and give the compiled file to people on the forum to test it. This way, your secret is mostly safe and you will be able to test this tweak on different GPUs.

I, my self, cannot test, unless this work fine for a mobile Nvidia card too, but I'm sure a lot of people will give a try.

Cheers,
Luis.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:09:04 PM

I know what he's done, then. Changed the algo from scrypt, right? You can submit invalid shares very quickly by using a different algo.
great.  that does nothing to benefit the currency at all, and doesn't represent any real-world improvement on hash rates.

If what you're saying is true, this merely takes advantage of a fault in some versions of existing software, and doesn't improve the hashrate of the physical hardware the way the OP implied it was.

guess where the currency comes from to fill this guy's wallet? From the other pool miners who paid hard earned money for their hardware. 

If op is just showing off a software hack, he is a parasite telling us he's getting a free meal.  

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 09:16:42 PM

great.  that does nothing to benefit the currency at all, and doesn't represent any real-world improvement on hash rates.

If what you're saying is true, this merely takes advantage of a fault in some versions of existing software, and doesn't improve the hashrate of the physical hardware the way the OP implied it was.

guess where the currency comes from to fill this guy's wallet? From the other pool miners who paid hard earned money for their hardware. 

If op is just showing off a software hack, he is a parasite telling us he's getting a free meal.  

Just think over it..

There is no way of "tweaking" a 5770 to a 7970 :-)

Its simply an "exploit"..

It was used before on many, many pools, many people tried in on my pool too weeks ago.

The OP is just the first one who posted about it on bitcointalk.org

There is a issue ticket @ the stratum software from me already some time ago.

Maybe its good, so the other pool ops are forced to update their software.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: