Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:17:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: South Africa Bitcoin Vending machine  (Read 381 times)
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:30:02 AM

good innovation, and in my country is nothing that machines like that. if the machine can educate the merchant about bitcoin, and the machine works well, then this will be a machine that can spread bitcoin quickly.
I hope that the machine can be produced quickly, and have a cheap price.

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:31:01 AM

There is a Bitcoin vending machine installed in Johannesburg at Mertroman. You can exchange your Bitcoin for ZAR at this machine.The use of Bitcoin by South African vendors is still very limited, and the idea for now is to educate merchants about Bitcoin. Is there in your country one ?

I live in a very foolish country where the lawmakers still believe counting currency notes with their hands is better than using online banking applications. So before the idea of Bitcoin will make any impact here, it might be after the next 20 years.

You think most lawmakers are foolish? Well guess what they definitely know what they're doing, whether we like it or not. Also note that pretty much every single country uses physical currency also, not only the country you're in.

And lastly, bitcoin is already making an impact. It's just that the impact is not 'that' substantial.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
RochaMckay

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:42:10 AM

Never thought that they will be the one who will also start initiative to know their merchants and people that bitcoin do exits and how it can be used. I am sure that lack of regulations is also helping a lot in this regards as in my country it is hard to put machine like that and if you apply for government orders to open up something crypto related then it always end up having rejection
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:50:50 AM

The subject of this topic was misleading and I literally thought of a vending machine using bitcoin as payment.

Its great to hear that there is bitcoin ATM machine in South Africa. If this will be successful, I'm sure other main cities in Africa will follow like Cape Town, Johannesburg, Soweto etc. They were lucky because those things doesn't exist in our country. Maybe in the next 5 years or so, the government and big companies will be able to do the same thing.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:59:29 AM

Wow! Good job, South Africa. A vending machine is a clever way to make bitcoin a part of everyday life. It makes the concept of virtual currency, a very approachable one.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:15:04 AM

I'm trying to work out how a Bitcoin ATM or Bitcoin vending machine would actually work. Would you pay by using your smartphone wallet to pay to the QR code on the machine (to get candy)? Or, would you enter your debit card to buy BTC and have it sent to a specific address?

Since BTC can generally be bought and sold completely online, it seems a little counter-intuitive to need an actual ATM machine.

How are people using BTC vending machines or ATMs?
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:24:23 AM

I'm trying to work out how a Bitcoin ATM or Bitcoin vending machine would actually work. Would you pay by using your smartphone wallet to pay to the QR code on the machine (to get candy)? Or, would you enter your debit card to buy BTC and have it sent to a specific address?

Since BTC can generally be bought and sold completely online, it seems a little counter-intuitive to need an actual ATM machine.

How are people using BTC vending machines or ATMs?

nowadays it is now verry possible for imposible thing to happen. atm machines can also be enabled with an internet connection so that it can access the blockchain system to run a bitcoin transactions.

there were many ways to use it. It can be scan on a qr code or it can be used via bitcoin cards (like a credit card but specifically designed for bitcoin purposes)

Thats only a few ideas that i can think of on setting a bitcoin atm. for sure inventors do have lots of brilliant ideas they might think  before they built it.
CuteBaby123

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:28:00 AM

There is a Bitcoin vending machine installed in Johannesburg at Mertroman. You can exchange your Bitcoin for ZAR at this machine.The use of Bitcoin by South African vendors is still very limited, and the idea for now is to educate merchants about Bitcoin. Is there in your country one ?

This is another innovation that adopting the idea of bitcoin. I admire South Africa fro fully embracing Bitcoin. If this will really spread out around the country, It would be a good start because people will be aware that there is other currency in which they can use to buy products and exchange them into bitcoin and vice versa.,

[ GDP ] GOODS DIGITAL PASSPORT
Make Counterfeiting Goods Impossible (https://gdpassport.com/)
haksdyahdad8

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:30:43 AM

Is bitcoin ATM directly converting bitcoin into local currency?
Equivalent to cashing in Bitcoin. I do not understand the role of ATM. I hope someone can answer it. Thank you.
19nataliya12

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:29:28 PM

Bitcoin has always traded higher in countries such as Zimbabwe, South Africa, Nigeria, but earlier the price on average did not exceed more than 10%. One of the reasons why buyers will pay more for crypto currency in Africa is the lack of liquidity. When there are not enough sellers, it's easy to set higher prices on the market and be sure that orders are executed. In countries such as Nigeria and Angola, this led to the fact that sometimes buyers bought Bitcoin with a 100% mark-up.
poletando

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

PlayGame.com

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:43:13 PM

I see the bitcoin Vending machine on internet and in my country there are not like that because in my country bitcoin is not popular I hope that some day it will realize that there are more bitcoin ATM, and Bitcoin vending machine around the world

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
Whitepaper Powering real economy in the gaming world Onepager
Telegram ENG / IND Group Channel ⟩──MediumTwitterYouTube
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:11:58 PM

i live in the country who still don't know what is cryptocurrencies and how it's work and indeed there was several bitcoin ATM available in my country but this is already lack of interest because some people does not care about bitcoin even if there are bitcoin users available but they were more likely convert their bitcoin through an local  exchange and avoid bitcoin ATM
efxtrader

Activity: 924

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:34:24 PM

There is none in my country yet but its good news that in south africa have it. Hopely that vending machine will spread the world so we can use it to convert it to fiat more easily. Many merchant wont accept bitcoin right now because many government prohibit bitcoin, but hopely in the future we can use bitcoin for shopping

RBSGoel_Punit

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:44:59 PM

This the great service south Africa people have used and make bitcoin more powerful and famous.
indopool

Activity: 403

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:06:21 PM

With the Bitcoin vending machine installed in Johannesburg at Mertroman, it's a great promotional tool for Bitcoin in particular and cryptocurancy in general, one would ask, what is Bitcoin? and begin to find out, and there is the possibility of them becoming investors. in my country also the Bitcoin vending machine already exists, hope i will have more similar machines to promotional  bitcoin into all levels of society.
siagh357

Activity: 143

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:57:55 PM

Bitcoin ATm and vending machines is not available in my country but I have used a lot of bitcoins vending machines in Europe and America where everything was perfect just like exchanges operate in my country. Hope in the future every country will have a vending machine for bitcoins.
MetalGear

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:08:40 PM

Yes The first bitcoin vending machine is situated in Kyalami, north of Johannesburg .it will be great if they can put more vending machines  in all the big cities  there  in South africa.

Wow, congratulations it is great news cause now your country have vending machine and bitcoin as payments. I wish we have like that cause many investors like that kind of investment.
Caxton10

Activity: 147

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 08:10:08 PM

I'm from Ghana and I have not seen any Bitcoin vending machine yet. But I'm sure it won't take long it sweeps over the rest of Africa countries.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:30:18 PM

i live in the country who still don't know what is cryptocurrencies and how it's work and indeed there was several bitcoin ATM available in my country but this is already lack of interest because some people does not care about bitcoin even if there are bitcoin users available but they were more likely convert their bitcoin through an local  exchange and avoid bitcoin ATM
Bitcoin ATMs usually charge high fees compared to exchanges and other possible exchange methods, but they are comfortable to use and more or less quick.
I don't know much about the vending machine, but I just cannot imagine that you want to buy something from the machine and you have to wait for the 3 or 6 confirmation to let the machine release your item you are waiting for...
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:14:48 PM

It's a great news that africa has a atm vending machine for bitcoins. I knew some countries that has already a atm vending machine but i think they have high fee charges than other possible exchange methods. Somehow, it is a very big help for bitcoin of it's popularity.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: