Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:25:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Problem with MyEtherwallet  (Read 127 times)
luchins (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:31:36 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2018, 10:44:15 AM by luchins

Potencial decrypyion, can you help me?

Hello

I have two computers, one of them is airgapped.

I had also two MEW private key, stored in the airgapped computer, I made a lot of transaction from the first private key to the second one.

I have made several transactions using MEW OFFLINE and recording several signed transactions and addresses on the computer with Internet (but not the private keys)

So on my computer with internet has been recorded addresses in which to send the coins TO and FROM + all the signed transactions made time after time

all recorded in the on line computer

Remember this part because it's important.

Well, one day I decide to use MEW ONLINE ONLINE so I write in plane text one of my two private keys in the on line pc and I drain the wallet sending the coins to the second Myethereumwallet I had (remember at the start of this post I told you I had two MEW wallets?)

Well, a potencial attacker could have recorded in the on line computer thes things:

an attacker can have:

1) ONE of the 2 private keys of the 2 MEW wallets

2) both the addresses of my two MYetherwallet

3) all the signed transactions made time after time from various transfers made from the first myether wallet to the second one, and then from the second one to another address (totally new one) + signed transaction of this

With all those informations could an attakker build up a pattern to decrypt the second private key?

I remember you that he could have addresses + one private key + all the signed transactions made between those two wallets
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:22:55 PM

It's not a multi signature wallet, these private keys are not related in anyway so no, there should be no way for him to get access to it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: