Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:27:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent big tx with bitcoind - Worried it might never get confirmed  (Read 649 times)
zirilon (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:23:40 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2011, 05:04:07 AM by zirilon

I have a bitcoind running for a private pool, and it has accumulated a fair number of blocks over the last six months (not many recently though).  It also has had quite a few payouts, so the wallet is "fragmented" (I think that's the proper term for it).

I decided to consolidate to a new wallet.dat because the one being used was becoming massive, and reloading bitcoind took a long time to parse the wallet.  So I created a new wallet and sent the old wallet balance to the new address.

So far it's been 30 minutes, and it hasn't shown up with 0/confirms on the new wallet, and it also isn't showing up on bitcoincharts.com's list of unconfirmed transactions.  Since I transferred the full balance, no fee was included by bitcoind, and I'm worried this transaction may never get passed along to nodes/confirmed.

Is there any way to know how large (size) the tx I tried to send was, and is there any way to revert it and include a transaction fee so that nodes won't ignore it?
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zirilon (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:04:36 AM

Now at four blocks since the initial transaction was attempted, no confirmations and can't find any record of the TX on the unconfirmed list @ bitcoincharts.com  - the client is absolutely up to date with the blockchain, so that is not the issue.
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:15:49 AM

Restart with -rescan

PLaci1982

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Live long and prosper. \\//,

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 09:00:12 AM

Be patient, a transaction w/o fee has lower priority when it's big. Inverse proportion.

Hardware Expert / WinXP, Win7 Expert

1J5oPkyGVdb4mv44KGZQYsHS2ch6e1t4rc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: