Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:09:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hundreds of millions in flight delay/cancellation compensation goes unclaimed  (Read 821 times)
Corazon79 (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:44:02 PM

I was just throwing out the last week's old newspapers and I realised I somehow missed a pretty striking front page feature. This is the online reproduction of the article, from the UK's Manchester Evening News:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-airport-passengers-miss-compensation-6467948

In this case, Manchester Airport passengers could have claimed £63m over delayed flights, but only applied for £1m.

Looks like the airlines are benefiting from people's lack of knowledge over their consumer rights, especially in the EU, where a lot of the regulations are changed or adapted over time.

Bitcoiners on this forum should be aware that if you suffered a delay or flight cancellation in the EU over the last few years, you may be eligible for compensation. There may be a few hundred quid (or euros) in it for you if you can make a successful claim. More extra cash to invest in Bitcoins perhaps!  Grin

We're seeing the rise of compensation claims companies in this area, like Airhelp (http://www.airhelp.eu/en/). I don't see the problem with that if they're experts who know what they're doing and are able to make the process quicker or easier. It looks like it can be difficult and long-winded staking a claim on your own, because there's a chance you may have to take on a court battle.

Anyway, just a tip to anyone on here who may stand to benefit. Know your rights!  Cool

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 10:57:48 PM

I was just throwing out the last week's old newspapers and I realised I somehow missed a pretty striking front page feature. This is the online reproduction of the article, from the UK's Manchester Evening News:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-airport-passengers-miss-compensation-6467948

In this case, Manchester Airport passengers could have claimed £63m over delayed flights, but only applied for £1m.

Looks like the airlines are benefiting from people's lack of knowledge over their consumer rights, especially in the EU, where a lot of the regulations are changed or adapted over time.

Bitcoiners on this forum should be aware that if you suffered a delay or flight cancellation in the EU over the last few years, you may be eligible for compensation. There may be a few hundred quid (or euros) in it for you if you can make a successful claim. More extra cash to invest in Bitcoins perhaps!  Grin

We're seeing the rise of compensation claims companies in this area, like Airhelp (http://www.airhelp.eu/en/). I don't see the problem with that if they're experts who know what they're doing and are able to make the process quicker or easier. It looks like it can be difficult and long-winded staking a claim on your own, because there's a chance you may have to take on a court battle.

Anyway, just a tip to anyone on here who may stand to benefit. Know your rights!  Cool

I learnt something today:

A common slang term for the pound sterling or pound is quid, which is singular and plural, except in the common phrase "Quids in!"
Corazon79 (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:20:15 PM

hehe. I'm surprised you haven't heard it said before! Brewster's suggests that the term 'Quid' comes from 'quid pro quo', an equivalent amount for something, but that it originally referred to a sovereign.

Some young people in the UK (particularly Londoners) jokingly use the word 'Squid' instead. Even weirder.  Grin
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:23:59 PM

A common slang term for the pound sterling or pound is quid, which is singular and plural, except in the common phrase "Quids in!"

the common phrase "Quids in!"

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: