Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:10:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum: 2nd gen cryptocurrency with contract programming, "dagger" hashing  (Read 84293 times)
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:07:44 AM

I'm not getting then verification email. Any help?

Check your spam folder. That's where it ended up for me.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
td services

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

black swan hunter

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:42:20 AM

It wasn't invisible, but it was cut short with no advance notice to prevent further dilution of existing investment.

I bet u won't be able to provide a quote of BCNext that proves ur statement... Well, don't miss this train, it's ur very last chance!

So, do you deny that the pre-sale of NXT was ended without advance notice to prevent further dilution of existing investment?
td services

black swan hunter

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:31:54 AM

A week later, they started selling NXT at a 4762% markup (yes, that's over 47X original purchase price).

Are you referring to the exchange rate of 0.000001 NXT/BTC?

Yes, original pre-sale price was 21 BTC/1 billion NXT = 0.000000021 BTC/NXT. Initial sale price after pre-sale closed was 0.000001 NXT/BTC. This yields a markup of 47.619 X pre-sale price.

How much are you investing?  It seems to me that the more people invest, the worse off for everyone in terms of ROI, am I correct?

Haven't decided. Still need to see details.

As far as investment levels and dilution, there is a sweet spot up to which additional investment reduces risk and accelerates product to market and allowing more features to be created in parallel, yielding the same ROI in a given time frame. Beyond this point, the start-up is overcapitalized and diluted, reducing ROI, since there is more investment than the organization can handle. It would be like trying to make a baby in 1 month by putting 9 women on it.

Haha, I like that.  Do you have investment in Nxt?  I will give you some if you want to create an account and PM me.  That way you can at least see why the coin doesn't belong on the scam list.

Thanks for offer, will let you know when I have the client installed.

I'll send you some NXT too. It's not a scam coin, but I will officially call NXT a real coin once they get a real exchange e.g. Vircurex.

That is happening in a couple days, got some Nxt waiting for you td!

Got NXT client installed - quite a task, but it does work on XP 64. Wasn't sure when instructions mentioned 32 bit Java. I'm waiting for the account to cook, guess it takes a while. Nice looking interface, though I'd rather have a stand-alone client.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:37:20 AM

It wasn't invisible, but it was cut short with no advance notice to prevent further dilution of existing investment.

I bet u won't be able to provide a quote of BCNext that proves ur statement... Well, don't miss this train, it's ur very last chance!

So, do you deny that the pre-sale of NXT was ended without advance notice to prevent further dilution of existing investment?

Already answered this in other thread.
td services

black swan hunter

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:41:54 AM

Already answered this in other thread.

Caught that afterwards. As said in other thread, ignored NXT and kept quiet, but it keeps popping up in projects I'm following, finally got fed up with claims that anyone could invest in it who was interested at the time, which was not true. eMunie and Ethereum kept my mind off of it, was moving on, but then eMunie pre-sale was also cancelled for what I suspect are similar reasons to early closing of NXT. What bothers me most is that principals won't admit to real reason for closing and cancelling sales.

I won't. Ethereum is the best train yet. I expect there will be plenty of trains yet to come, but just a few will be on the level of Ethereum.
td services

black swan hunter

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:25:12 AM

Yes, original pre-sale price was 21 BTC/1 billion NXT = 0.000000021 BTC/NXT. Initial sale price after pre-sale closed was 0.000001 NXT/BTC. This yields a markup of 47.619 X pre-sale price.

There was NO such thing as an "original pre-sale price"... but, in any case, thnx for making it clear.

I believe you should make it clear to everybody that the only concern you have, as it relates to NXT, is that YOU were not one of the initial holders. You NOT being an initial holder has NOTHING to do with what NXT has to offer AND/OR with its valuation. The sooner you realize it, the better it will be for people coming to this thread looking for information on Ethereum.

I have made that very clear at the outset. I went to invest when the sale was open, asked when the deadline was to invest since it appeared to be 1/3/14, was told by come-from-beyond he would ask BCnext, the founder, then was told there was a change in plans, the sale had closed but they let someone else's investment in. The principals still refuse to acknowledge the true reason for closing investment without advance notice. While this has nothing to with its technical capabilities it has everything to do with the integrity and character of the people managing the project, which is critical information in any investment.

You are correct, whether or not I or anyone else in particular holds an asset has nothing to do with its valuation - that is determined by the market. There was a pre-sale price, determined by simple arithmetic. It just was not known until after the initial distribution, and it calculates to 0.000000021 BTC/NXT.  Your use of caps for emphasis gives your post an argumentative, emotional tone.

I'll make a deal: If NXT is never mentioned in any thread outside of threads specifically devoted to NXT, then I'll never comment on it again.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:39:18 AM

I don't like the idea of holing investors' coins for a year. What will prevent miners to sell the coin cheaper than 0.0001? Do you really think that your coin will always be more expensive than 0.0001 btc right from the start? As a miner I'll start to sell coins right after I mine some of them and I'll sell them for the price that people would be willing to pay.

Just imagine a miner that have 100'000 coins. He posts "wts 100'000 eth for 10 btc" and gets a proposal 9 btc for his coins. Guess what happens next?

More of that. As more investors will give you their money as worse for them. Look at this:
1 investor, 10 btc - 100'000 coins will be mined within a year
10 000 investors, 100'000 btc -1'000'000'000 coins will be mined within a year, which means every laptop user will be capable to mine some coins. And of course he'll dump them for any price.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:45:50 AM

I'll make a deal: If NXT is never mentioned in any thread outside of threads specifically devoted to NXT, then I'll never comment on it again.

99% of posts about nxt are posted by trolls. Like you.

LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 08:15:45 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 08:39:03 AM by LeChatNoir

Dear Ethereum developers,
may i ask why you are fixing fee ratios instead of allowing the market to adjust them in the future?
Isn't it the same as trying to fix prices in a centrally planned economy?
What will happen if for a certain "x", DATAFEE will be too low (below real market value) and NEWCONTRACTFEE will be too high at the same time?
Don't you run the risk that some very good applications will not be built or run properly, while others "bad" applications will because of this?

Quote from: Ethereum Project
Ethereum fees:

TXFEE (100x) - fee for sending a transaction
    NEWCONTRACTFEE (100x) - fee for creating a new contract, not including the memory fee for each item in script code
    STEPFEE (1x) - fee for every computational step after than first sixteen in contract execution
    STORAGEFEE (5x) - per-byte fee for adding to contract storage. The storage fee is the only fee that is not paid to a miner, and is refunded when storage used by a contract is reduced or removed.
    DATAFEE (20x) - fee for accessing or setting a contract's memory from inside that contract
    EXTROFEE (40x) - fee for accessing memory from another contract inside a contract
    CRYPTOFEE (20x) - fee for using any of the cryptographic operations

One novel innovation in Ethereum is that the fees will be inversely proportional to the square root of the difficulty; that is, x = floor(10^21 / floor(difficulty ^ 0.5)).

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:17:03 AM

One novel innovation in Ethereum is that the fees will be inversely proportional to the square root of the difficulty; that is, x = floor(10^21 / floor(difficulty ^ 0.5)).

Could u explain this plz?
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:31:57 AM

Could u explain this plz?

wasn't he just quoting from fees paragraph: http://ethereum.org/ethereum.html#p5 ?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:46:08 AM

wasn't he just quoting from fees paragraph: http://ethereum.org/ethereum.html#p5 ?

He was, I just don't get why it's a novel innovation.
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 08:50:32 AM

Fee structure is the biggest weakness of this wonderful project IMO

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:51:27 AM

Fee structure is the biggest weakness of this wonderful project IMO

I think the same and would like to get an explanation.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:52:19 AM

He was, I just don't get why it's a novel innovation.

Aha, thought you were asking him (LeChatNoir), but you are asking the devs/everyone who might know... sorry for derailing

Question about novelty in fees calculation persists...
Ursium

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

Ethereum

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 09:40:14 AM

For those who asked, instructions on how to build the windows client are here:
http://dr-pra.tumblr.com/post/73526554416/build-and-run-the-ethereum-go-client-on-windows

Thanks Dr Pra!!!

Ethereum Twitter: @ethereumproject - Blog: blog.ethereum.org - Forum: forum.ethereum.org - Github: github.com/ethereum
x0rcist

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:11:31 AM

99% of posts about nxt are posted by trolls. Like you.

lol can we keep this thread NXT free plzzz, NXT is in no way comparable with Ethereum. Ethereum deliveres services like privacy management, distributed applications etc etc. NXT only has POS and nothing more.

It really seems people dont understand what Ethereum is. For a simple explanation -> compare it with the internet we now have only then based on P2P so no more single point of failures or big hogs like Google that try to control the web.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:13:40 AM

Ethereum deliveres services a framework for development of services like privacy management, distributed applications etc etc.

Fixed for u, don't thank me. Smiley
x0rcist

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:15:15 AM

Ethereum deliveres services a framework for development of services like privacy management, distributed applications etc etc.

Fixed for u, don't thank me. Smiley

Hehe TY, its still early morning here but you know what i mean. Thats most important Wink A good comparison is DAC's from Invictus
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:22:02 AM

Are they stakeholders in this projekt?
When yes, how can i be a stakeholder?  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: