Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:23:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★ DigiByte ★★ [DGB] DigiByte coin  (Read 14297 times)
coinhash

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:08:57 AM

New DigiByte pool up at:

digi.42coins.com

Dedicated Server
4 CPU
32 GIG RAM
SSD

HASHRAPID.COM - Hand Picked, Only the Best FLAPPY | COINO | MINT | TOPCOIN | RUBY | WOLONG PANDA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Androidicus

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:17:58 PM

From what I have seen so far, DigiByte seems to have had considerable effort invested it its launch, design, graphics and community engagement.

Of course, it may be 'just another altcoin' that fizzles out along the way BUT, as it stands right now, it stands out from the crowd. Plus, it has a cool name which imho can really make a difference!

I would also acknowledge and thank the dev's for their issue of freebies which all helps to keep one's interest!

Failure is success waiting to happen...
creativecuriosity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

DGB.Get-By.com Admin

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 12:34:33 AM

I have high hopes, and I put my money where my mouth is Smiley

If your looking for a small but dedicated pool for dedicated miners, check out:

dgb.Get-By.com

If you decide to come join us, please DO NOT use a password you have ever used on another site.

Thanks!
Samantha.
Admin @ Get-By.com

cryptic4000 (OP)

Activity: 451

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:42:42 AM

I have high hopes, and I put my money where my mouth is Smiley

LOL

Sure. DGB will go beyond moon.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
Sarahiko

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:39:24 PM

Looks good, too bad I wasnt registered during the giveaways and I didn't get anything. If anyone like to donate I'd greatly appreciate it

D6DWATmaPz8MTaMBUSaVNY2r8BoQcrcqQX

sent 100 DGB to your address.

Can you send few coins to D5hCwDT8f153pgsKPorQoWzwGgiWWsuzVR? thanks.

I think i`m a bit late but if you care to share thank you add. is on my sig.
deeppurple72

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:48:48 PM

**** A BRAND NEW P2POOL FOR DIGIBYTE COINS ****

Pool is brand new and needs some MORE miners though.

P2pools requires NO SIGN UPS, always payout DIRECTLY to your address each time a block in pool is found,
and p2pools CAN NOT recieve or hold your payouts!
payouts sent immediately, reguardless of amounts  Smiley

Just use your DGB wallet address as your miners username, and use x for password

your "username" in miner is what identifies your payout address
password can be anything, except NOT blank

checkit out here:  p2pool.neocities.org
jameshetfield

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:57:34 PM

it moves a lot on mintpal > interesting coin
ronoa

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:45:19 AM

Branding looks good but the coin lacks anything actually innovative.

I'd guess you'll see it on a cryptsy at some point but because it doesn't actually add anything major, I'd be really surprised if there is still an active community this time next year.

Actually one of the most innovative coin to date with the implementation of DigiShield. And not the usual Kimoto Gravity Well copied by most of the coin.  Smiley

Official thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.0

jameshetfield

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:04:16 AM

Agree with ronoa, and mintpal is one of the best exchange so 2 good reasons to invest in DGB
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:27:12 AM

Branding looks good but the coin lacks anything actually innovative.

I'd guess you'll see it on a cryptsy at some point but because it doesn't actually add anything major, I'd be really surprised if there is still an active community this time next year.

Actually one of the most innovative coin to date with the implementation of DigiShield. And not the usual Kimoto Gravity Well copied by most of the coin.  Smiley

Official thread here:

Whats special in DigiShield? Just asking for reference... I didn't see any good explanation in the OP link. I'm sure it may be there in 200 or so pages but summary would be good if you want to promote it.
jameshetfield

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:50:13 AM

Yes people need more explanation on why this coin is special.
jameshetfield

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:57:20 AM

why this coin is low since sunday ? this is strange..

it was at 80 last week and now 40...

I'm on mintpal
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:57:13 PM

I am trying to test out my Digibyte (DGB) wallet. If someone can send a small amount to these two addresses I would appreciate it. I want to make sure it is working before doing larger txs. I can repay in btc if desired.

DEU8u6qJqd1WXsSGRy6XeHT8NUmKWyvu9R

DTKB4PCRusxV7V57N3hy9LZebU898zjccY

Thanks to anyone that helps me out here.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:39:04 PM

Thanks to anyone that helps me out here.

I'm not on my computer that has the wallet, so can't help you right now but try asking in the official thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268
horiacretan

Activity: 178

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 05:22:32 AM

DIGIBYTE (DGB) RAISES $250,000 AND EXPANDS OPERATIONS

DigiByte, an altcoin that is unique for several reasons, announced today that it has received an investment of $250,000. It intends to use this money in the opening of two new businesses: DigiPay LLC in Santa Monica, California and DigiTrade International Limited in Hong Kong.

Also read: PayPal Founder Peter Thiel: “Bitcoin Is the Opposite of PayPal”

DigiByte Goes Worldwide

One of the interesting things about DigiByte, whose motto is “you store & send data in megabytes & gigabytes, why not send money in DigiBytes?” is its use of five algorithms in mining.

These five algorithms are Groestl, Qubit, Scrypt, Sha256d, and Skein. Skein and Groestl appear in the X-series of algorithms, and there are other coins that have used the algorithms independently, such as Woodcoin, which uses Skein. Scrypt is the most commonly used algorithm in cryptocoins and constitutes coins like DOGE and Litecoin. Sha256d is the same one used for Bitcoin. Qubit is a bit more complex, used in a few of the more obscure altcoins. So, three CPU-friendly algorithms and two ASIC-friendly ones – something for everyone, it seems.

Probably a very good strategy, satisfying everyone’s needs, when launching a global currency with the explicit intention of competing with platforms like PayPal.

With a private investment made for USD $250,000, the DigiByte Team now has the financial backing to build software and services around the DigiByte core protocol and bring DigiByte further into the digital and real world markets. […] In collaboration with Tofugear Limited’s strategic retail, wholesale and technical development partnerships, the DigiByte core protocol is currently being developed into a range of solutions that will revolutionize the consumer’s daily life.

CCN
Tofugear is a Hong Kong company which does a range of things, including develop software for retail businesses and manufacturers. Partnering with a company at this level is another very good strategic move which can spell nothng but good for the currency, which presently trades at 18 Satoshi.

Since it has a dedicated development team of serious folks and will now have two businesses utilizing its currency in day-to-day transactions, this price seems low, and likely will not stay that way as word spreads and people gain a better understanding of the coin’s objectives and inner-workings.

Like other altcoins, the main thing going for DigiByte in the eyes of businesses is how much faster it is than traditional credit cards, Paypal, and even Bitcoin. A post on TofuGear’s website puts it this way:

At a fraction of the transaction time of Bitcoin, DigiByte is well-suited for buying everyday items such as a coffee or a pair of jeans in mere seconds. With this security and expediency in mind, the DigiByte Payment Network team is dedicated to becoming the global micro payments solution.

There are a lot of things to consider when considering a cryptocurrency alternative to Bitcoin. One of those things is how serious the people behind it are, and whether they will be there in the long-run. Many a coin has come and gone in the space of months, and sometimes folks have lost a great deal of money thanks to ineptitude or too much faith on their part. But when a development team treats the a coin like it is their job – which, if this is not possible, should they really be developing it in the first place? – it gives the public a certain sense of assurance not felt when the coin appears to be a hobby which could be bastardized any minute by a new video game or a change in the cost of hosting.

So, I don’t think this is the last we’ll be hearing of DigiByte, which is mined by the mammoth Ghash.io. Indeed, I think we might have the next Darkcoin on our hands in DigiByte.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/digibyte-dgb-raises-250000-expands-operations/
ShapeShift.io

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 06:02:44 PM

ShapeShift.io has added DigiByte to Instant Altcoin Exchange. Check it out at shapeshift.io

Follow us on our new profile: ShapeShift.com

CryptoRaver

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:35:40 PM

Digibyte already did so much more already Wink

DigiSpeed

Introducing ★★DigiSpeed★★ Hard Fork

What is DigiSpeed Hard Fork v. 4.0?

DigiSpeed will allow DigiByte to match Visa in transaction carrying capacity!

1) DigiByte block timing will increase from 30 seconds to 15 seconds.
2) DigiByte block size will increase from 1 MB to 10 MB initially, with built in future increases.
3) Custom block propagation code based upon Microsoft research will dramatically increase network efficiency.
4) DigiByte transaction capacity will increase from 140 TPS to 5800 TPS (Visa averages 1736 TPS).
5) DigiByte reward will stay on track for 21 Billion DGB in 21 Years.
6) MultiShield will be improved even more to allow for even greater security (90% of 1 of DGB's 5 mining algos, plus 51% of others will be required for an attack) making MultiShield even more secure.

These changes will make DigiByte the most secure, fastest and largest transaction carrying-capacity, decentralized, POW cryptocurrency in existence.

We have already been busy the past two months behind the scenes, researching, studying and analyzing if it would be possible to expand the DigiByte network to be able to handle the average daily volume Visa handles and make these changes. We are now confident it can be done.

Please give us feedback & let us know how you can help us test these changes and prepare for the hard fork! We would love to work with others devs, including the Bitcoin core devs!

CryptoRaver

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:36:44 PM

DigiByte Tipbot

Easy miner

Trip around the world to make contacts worldwide

Such much more please read the whole thread Wink

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print