Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:32:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multi Card Install  (Read 489 times)
stacksmasher (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:57:21 PM

So.... I had a few rigs setup with 2 cards each and thought I would add another cheaper card to my setup but when I added the other card and rebooted the machines it caused all the other cards to slow down...

My question is... do you guys all run the same make and model on all your multi-card setup machines?

When you run multiple cards, do you install Windows and the ATI drivers with all cards connected and running?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:07:00 AM

I run 5 GPUs with risers on a single instance of a rig.  Yes there is some performance degradation in running multiple GPUs per rig,  Spreading the distance between GPUs, putting them in open air rigs and investing in good air flow help improve performance.  DO your due diligence, there is a lot of information out there on running mining farms.
Hellionator

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:11:34 AM

Keep an eye on your temperatures, that's the most likely cause of performance lose.  Other factors could be cheap power supplies or a cheap motherboard.  Generally HD/RAM/CPU are not an issue.  Best of luck!

→→MPOS POOLS ON SUPERFAST SECURE SERVERS!←←
stacksmasher (OP)

Activity: 121

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:00:46 AM

I have had a little luck re-installing my cgminer and removing all the .bin files... I have a R9 290X that has never broken 500kh/s so I think those are a total waste of money.

I am getting the impression the hashrates people post are total Bull$hit
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:15:06 AM

I have had a little luck re-installing my cgminer and removing all the .bin files... I have a R9 290X that has never broken 500kh/s so I think those are a total waste of money.

I am getting the impression the hashrates people post are total Bull$hit

Most are optimal rates and usually only about a minute of hashing at the most.  Plus ASIC quality on GPUs varies so some will outperform.
nite138

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:17:33 AM

It all depends on the memory of the r9 290x.

I have the elpida one and get 885kh (which sux in comparison to the Hynix models).

I found my r9 290x was sensitive to TC, GPU/Mem Clock.  For me, 921/1500 was a pretty good #.

GL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: