Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:32:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 8.5Gh/s **IN HAND**. 0.264 btc/$226 with instant rebate.  (Read 1950 times)
Ytterbium (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 11:57:58 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm selling BTCGarden based ASIC miners here in the US.  

I'm planning to sell these through starfire-x.com, which I've been working on.  Everything is ready to go, and I'd like to do a "test run" of a few orders to see how everything goes, my plan is to sell 10-20 as a test run before the 'official' launch. (I have tested the payment system, I just need to test the actual process of printing out mailing labels and shipping them.)

Right now, you buy hashrate on cex.io at a rate of about 0.0455 BTC/Gh/s. Megabigpower.com does have miners for sale in stock as well, but, if you want to spend less then $1,600 the best deal you can get is a 25Gh/s USB miner for $140.  That comes out to about 0.066BTC/Gh/s, assuming about $850/bitcoin.  

(On the other hand, they apparently just lowered their prices *today* for their larger equipment, so if you want to spend thousands of dollars or multiple bitcoins, you can get a pretty good deal.)

While I think the price is pretty reasonable, may move it up and down depending on how demand is. But for the test run I want to get a few orders shipped on Monday, so, I'm offering a fairly big instant rebate – 0.132 bitcoins, or 33% off -- on up to two blades per customer.   That comes out to 0.03BTC/Gh/s. With the rebate the total cost for the blades is.  

To get the rebate, just post how many you ordered along with either the address you sent the bitcoin too, or the transaction id, and of course the bitcoin address you want me to send your rebate too. (you can also PM me with those details if you want more privacy).  I'll post when the rebate deal is over, but you can still get it so long as you place your before that point in time.

There are a couple of key points to keep in mind:

One, you don't need to connect them to a backplain or even to a host computer over USB.  All you need is a spare Ethernet port (although you do need to run a getwork proxy server at this point, as you would an ASICMiner blade. )

the 8.5Gh/s rate is what I actually measured connecting a single blade to eligius.st. The actual internal hashrate is up to 11-12Gh/s, but it's unfortunately slowed down by the getwork protocol.  Implementing a more efficient mining protocol on the firmware could potentially speed things up by up to 25%.

Additionally, I've done some modification of the firmware to make them easier to setup.  The configuration server is setup to listen on port 80 (so you just need to type the ip address into your browser to get to it), and the LED lights are used to indicate when it's working and when it's having network issues. I've also fixed a few bugs that could make it difficult to access the config page in some circumstances, making it much more reliable.

I have a detailed setup guide at here

I'm still working on the overall design of the website, but everything has been ready to go as far as actually taking orders for a few days, and not letting people order at this point is probably a bad idea Tongue

Some pics (these are blades that I have setup and mining right now - I tried to get some that showed the LEDs)

Let me know what you guys think.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sase007

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:10:15 AM

Hi,
I am interested!
Just a few questions (hopefully I did not miss answers in your description)
1/ do you ship to europe?
2/ does it come with power suply?
3/ what exactly is test unit (in your eshop)
Thanks! Smiley
Ytterbium (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:53:25 AM

Hi,
I am interested!
Just a few questions (hopefully I did not miss answers in your description)
1/ do you ship to europe?
2/ does it come with power suply?
3/ what exactly is test unit (in your eshop)
Thanks! Smiley

I'm not currently planning on shipping to europe, but if you want to pay extra shipping I'm sure we can work it out.  I'm not actually sure how much it costs. A box with one blade should weigh about 0.5kg (mostly the heatsink). Eventually I'm planning on integrating UPS or FedEx APIs so I can calculate actual shipping rates, but for now I'm just going to pay for US shipping out of the purchase price.

It doesn't come with a power supply but can easily run off a PC power supply's 12v line.

The 'test item' is just a test item I added there so that I could test the bitcoin processing system, to make sure everything worked properly. Buying the test item doesn't actually get you anything for your 85 cents Smiley

I left it up since I thought it was kind of funny and since the site technically is still being "tested".  I'll remove it once the first shipments go out.

Walking Glitch

Activity: 252

Amateur Professional

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:05:42 AM

How do we know we can trust you, as you are a new shop, and you've got no feedback on the forum here? A review unit could alleviate that, but you only have 25 of them, or so the site says.
Ytterbium (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 01:29:10 AM

How do we know we can trust you, as you are a new shop, and you've got no feedback on the forum here? A review unit could alleviate that, but you only have 25 of them, or so the site says.

Actually I have more then 25, I should update that.  The quantity doesn't auto-update yet, I still have to change that manually.

As far as trust goes, yeah that's an issue, there's nothing really I can do about that until some people order so I can actually ship stuff to them. If I don't sell these I can just mine with them, so it's not really that big of a big deal.

I have sent one unit to another forum member, but so far he's been too busy with other things to write up a review. He also doesn't have the updated firmware.

Thyatis

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 01:44:16 AM

Actually I have more then 25, I should update that.  The quantity doesn't auto-update yet, I still have to change that manually.

As far as trust goes, yeah that's an issue, there's nothing really I can do about that until some people order so I can actually ship stuff to them. If I don't sell these I can just mine with them, so it's not really that big of a big deal.

I have sent one unit to another forum member, but so far he's been too busy with other things to write up a review. He also doesn't have the updated firmware.

Sorry i am a little confused on teh price, how much are they right now?  Also power so just 12 volt?

Depending on price i will buy a couple, and post a review here for you.

My Reputation information   | [/color]
Contact Information -  Google Talk & Email - thyatis@thyatis.com |
brixton74

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:59:19 AM

Honestly this sounds like a scam.  NEWBIES BEWARE.  The fact that you say your website payment system works GREAT but the site itself isn't ready for prime time is silly!  Sounds like a scam hole where you can reap payment and blame your website for a malfunction on orders and make off with the coins at a later date.
Ytterbium (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 02:19:11 AM

Honestly this sounds like a scam.  NEWBIES BEWARE.  The fact that you say your website payment system works GREAT but the site itself isn't ready for prime time is silly!  Sounds like a scam hole where you can reap payment and blame your website for a malfunction on orders and make off with the coins at a later date.

There shouldn't be any malfunction with the website, but if there is people can simply PM with a signed message including their transaction ID and the place they'd like me to send the hardware. When a user pays the payment passes through a wallet controlled by blockchain.info, and then goes straight to me  (I'm using their receive payments API, so there shouldn't be any problem.

If I wanted too I could ship all of these tomorrow without taking any payment at all. If there is any problem with the payment system I will cover it.  Everyone who pays will receive their equipment.

Ytterbium (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 02:26:08 AM

Sorry i am a little confused on teh price, how much are they right now?  Also power so just 12 volt?

Depending on price i will buy a couple, and post a review here for you.

Yes, 12 volt.  I cover the power specification in the documentation.  The unit comes with a terminal block that goes in the socket, you can see what it looks like in the pictures.

The base price is 0.396 bitcoins, and when you order I'll send you a 0.132 bitcoin rebate to the address you specify on the first two blades when you post your transaction id (or the address you sent the coins too) in this thread or PM me. (Although now that I think about it I should probably have you PM me with your userkey or username on the site to make sure people don't try to snipe rebates on other people's transactions)

As far as pricing to Europe goes, I don't know how much it costs. I don't know much shipping will be in the US either but I'm just going to cover it myself at this point.   I should be able to look it up if you PM me your shipping address.

hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:50:24 PM

This is slightly off-topic, but I couldn't resist. I had a custom Bit-Card printed with a picture of the BTCGarden blade on it, and have set up the mining revenue to output to the address associated with the card. So now I'll just let it run forever, and whatever it makes, ends up on its own special card. Why? Uh... because it occurred to me to do it.

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
Ytterbium (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 12:36:42 AM

This is slightly off-topic, but I couldn't resist. I had a custom Bit-Card printed with a picture of the BTCGarden blade on it, and have set up the mining revenue to output to the address associated with the card. So now I'll just let it run forever, and whatever it makes, ends up on its own special card. Why? Uh... because it occurred to me to do it.

Hah, that's cool!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: