Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 07:58:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It appears that our bitcoin bretheren have been creating FUD amongst Miners  (Read 971 times)
pjviitas (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:39:11 AM

I have noticed a disturbing trend amongst some of the threads in this sub-forum trying to convince people that distributed mining is not worth it.

Be assured that mining is a rigorous activity.  A miner needs to have their finger on the pulse of every aspect of Bitcoin right from speculation to hardware.  This has always been the case for miners throughout the ages so you are in good company.

The Bitcoin model hinges on distributed mining and without it the security of the Bitcoin network is at risk.  The success of Bitcoin rests solely in the hands of distributed miners.

The day that mining becomes centralized will be the day that it can be subverted by governments.

So I say to everyone reading this, keep mining regardless of your reason...we are the best hope of the Bitcoin networks survival.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:17:15 AM

I have noticed a disturbing trend amongst some of the threads in this sub-forum trying to convince people that distributed mining is not worth it.

Be assured that mining is a rigorous activity.  A miner needs to have their finger on the pulse of every aspect of Bitcoin right from speculation to hardware.  This has always been the case for miners throughout the ages so you are in good company.

The Bitcoin model hinges on distributed mining and without it the security of the Bitcoin network is at risk.  The success of Bitcoin rests solely in the hands of distributed miners.

The day that mining becomes centralized will be the day that it can be subverted by governments.

So I say to everyone reading this, keep mining regardless of your reason...we are the best hope of the Bitcoin networks survival.

So you're saying we should all mine at a loss and in turn make all of the manufactures disgustingly rich in the process?

Sign me the fuck up please!

Until the risk reward ratio for manufacture and customer changes significantly there is very little justification for the small miners to try and compete at this point.
traiz

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 04:01:57 AM

People can make their own choice whether they want to mine or not.
However, my gut feeling is that the amount of BTC a miner gets is dependant on his hashing power compared to the rest of the network, so of course he wants to discourage an increase in hash rate.

But they do have a point, unless you have a recent ASIC, you might not make back your electricity cost from mining, in addition to your machine's cost.
And no one can really predict what's going to happen 3 months from now, with all the new manufacturers popping up.
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:28:19 AM

If YOU can afford to mine now, do it. If YOU can't afford to mine, don't.

Nobody knows if it will be profitable or not, until YOU sell the coins YOU mine.

Pretty simple.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: