Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:47:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥Crypico 🔥-> Gigs platform for freelancers, pay/get paid in any cryptocurrency  (Read 173 times)
Doublelucky (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:50:33 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2018, 12:09:31 AM by Doublelucky

Crypico is a gig-based cryptocurrency marketplace that lets users pay or get paid in any cryptocurrency.

• Every account on our site has a set of built-in crypto wallets - users can receive Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Monero, and more as payment for your services/gigs/freelance work.
  • Free with no fees. We don't take a cut.
  • At the moment we are the largest cryptocurrency-based freelance community, and growing very quickly. We launched recently and already have hundreds of new gigs/users on the platform.
  • No ICO - we're strictly focused on accelerating the adoption of cryptocurrency as a whole.

We're the first platform that supports new ICO coins/tokens as well. Most freelancers using our platform are willing to accept any cryptocurrency as payment. Users can pay each other directly on the site using our wallets system. We are continuously adding new coins to the platform.

If you have any questions you can post them here or on our on-site community chat/Telegram group.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 909

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:54:19 AM

Do you have any unique features that will distinguish your website from the competition?
Having a freelance platform that accepts cryptocurrency payments isn`t a very innovative idea.How do you plan to stand out from the crowd?The fact that you have 0% fees is good,but not enough.
By the way,how do you plan to monetize this business?

Doublelucky (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:25:30 PM

Do you have any unique features that will distinguish your website from the competition?
Having a freelance platform that accepts cryptocurrency payments isn`t a very innovative idea.How do you plan to stand out from the crowd?The fact that you have 0% fees is good,but not enough.
By the way,how do you plan to monetize this business?

One huge advantage of the platform is that new ICOs can use their coin/token to pay - most freelancers are willing to accept any cryptocurrency. This makes it easier for them to find and finance work for their projects.

We also aren’t having an ICO ourselves, so you’re not forced to use some obscure coin to pay. You can pay in BTC/ETH/whatever you’d like directly to the workers Crypico account.

We don’t plan to “monetize” the platform anytime soon - the main focus now is growth/larger-scale adoption and helping existing freelancers move into the cryptocurrency space.
kmlkkl

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:42:13 PM

It is not an innovative idea. The tokens that provide this already exist. You respond to the comment of the next consecutive time. This will be the answer for our questions.

intellicorepress

Activity: 102
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 01:32:03 PM

One huge advantage of the platform is that new ICOs can use their coin/token to pay - most freelancers are willing to accept any cryptocurrency.
Most professional freelancers or agencies - those with a life and bills to pay - will not work for ICO tokens that may or may not have value at one uncertain point in the future. Or, as you said yourself:
some obscure coin to pay
Cheesy

We don’t plan to “monetize” the platform anytime soon - the main focus now is growth/larger-scale adoption and helping existing freelancers move into the cryptocurrency space.
But how to monetize the platform is the crucial issue in any new marketplace. You have to solve challenges like: How high can the fees be before freelancers and/or clients run away to the competition? How do you prevent people from making deals outside the platform? Etc.

I am one of your potential clients. In essence, to be successful you need to answer the question: Why should I join your platform and not keep working with platforms that are already successful?

ICO whitepapers: Not rocket science. Download our guide and template. (http://www.intellicore.press/whitepaper-academy)
Doublelucky (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:56:09 AM

Most professional freelancers or agencies - those with a life and bills to pay - will not work for ICO tokens that may or may not have value at one uncertain point in the future.

It can worth the risk to the freelancer to do this in some situations, actually. ICOs tend to have huge amounts of their own coin/token dedicated towards developing their project, so they often have no problem paying significantly more (in terms of USD value) for services if they can pay using their own coin - sometimes 2-3x as much. This is something that a lot of freelancers are willing to take the risk on because the potential reward is higher as well. I agree that it would be risky for freelancers to accept their entire salaries in ICO coins, but some are willing to do it - at least do it occasionally.

But how to monetize the platform is the crucial issue in any new marketplace. You have to solve challenges like: How high can the fees be before freelancers and/or clients run away to the competition? How do you prevent people from making deals outside the platform? Etc.

Our only monetization comes from featured gigs and the single banner ad on the page. It's not much, but it's enough to keep the site running and cover server costs. We don't plan to charge service fees for using the site/payment services anytime soon. As a result, it's perfectly fine if people make deals outside of the platform.

I am one of your potential clients. In essence, to be successful you need to answer the question: Why should I join your platform and not keep working with platforms that are already successful?

The potential opportunities available on a crypto-based site tend to be different than the types of jobs you'll find on existing sites. I wouldn't expect that a freelancer would solely use Crypico at this time to earn their entire income (although it is possible if the freelancer's primary line of work tends to be crypto-based ie programming/whitepaper translations/smart contract auditing), but using it as a supplement to existing platforms would be smart for anyone who wants to augment their workload and gain some more exposure in a very fast-growing market.
supremehaxxor

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:49:46 AM

I don't see the issue of accepting the more obscure tokens for a payment. (It also seems that the freelancer does have choice over which currencies they accept too.) Money is money. If the ICOs can offer a larger amount of on paper money with their tokens it is worth the extra risk to the Freelancer IMHO. As long as these tokens are on an exchange I see no problem. Also after using the site for a bit, it seems to be much more active than other crypto freelance sites I've seen.
intellicorepress

Activity: 102
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 09:46:39 AM

Our only monetization comes from featured gigs and the single banner ad on the page. It's not much, but it's enough to keep the site running and cover server costs. We don't plan to charge service fees for using the site/payment services anytime soon. As a result, it's perfectly fine if people make deals outside of the platform.
That sounds like a solid plan.

The potential opportunities available on a crypto-based site tend to be different than the types of jobs you'll find on existing sites.
Sure, but what I meant was that you have lots of competition by existing *crypto*-based sites already, so if you're going to have an ICO, you will need to explain to potential investors what exactly your advantage you're offering that the existing sites don't.

Anyway, I might just sign up and see for myself. Smiley

ICO whitepapers: Not rocket science. Download our guide and template. (http://www.intellicore.press/whitepaper-academy)
yellowbits

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:26:48 PM

With no ICO and no fees do you think advertising will keep the platform profitable?
ozing

Activity: 135
Merit: 4

You become what you think.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 04:19:30 PM

This is a very good idea and lots of freelancers will welcome it since they now know that cryptocurrency is gradually taking over.
my weight loss affiliate program PAYMENT is on BTC

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Doublelucky (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:11:17 AM

That sounds like a solid plan.

The potential opportunities available on a crypto-based site tend to be different than the types of jobs you'll find on existing sites.
Sure, but what I meant was that you have lots of competition by existing *crypto*-based sites already, so if you're going to have an ICO, you will need to explain to potential investors what exactly your advantage you're offering that the existing sites don't.

Anyway, I might just sign up and see for myself. Smiley

We're not planning on having an ICO, actually. We don't see a real need to add a coin just for the sake of raising money, and feel the platform would be better off without it.
Doublelucky (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:38:06 AM

With no ICO and no fees do you think advertising will keep the platform profitable?

Our expenses are very low, so yes - ads are enough to keep us running smoothly.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:52:48 AM

Nice website. This is not the first attempt to have this service to market but I hope you will get more users from both the people giving the jobs and the people needing them. There are many skilled but unemployed people in the world that need a platform to advertise their skills.

Having that said, how does the site make money? From ads?
yellowbits

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:39:14 PM

Nice website. This is not the first attempt to have this service to market but I hope you will get more users from both the people giving the jobs and the people needing them. There are many skilled but unemployed people in the world that need a platform to advertise their skills.

Having that said, how does the site make money? From ads?

I asked the same question and it looks like the answer is yes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: