Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:10:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming interesting hardforks  (Read 167 times)
hardforks.com (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:09:55 PM
Merited by Javi_Anibarro (5)

Here is a few of the upcoming hardforks that are planned to happen by the end of this year, that we think are interesting:
•   Electroneum(ETN) owners will get ETNX at block 307 000(around 29 May 2018) at 1:1 ratio
•   Tron(TRX) will release its public blockchain on 21 June 2018, migrating from ERC20 tokens to TRX
•   At block 6 100 000(approx. 13 July 2018) ETC holders will be credited ETE – Ethereum Emerald at a 1:1 ratio
•   ZClassic(ZCL) will have a snapshot on 9 September 2018. BTC and ZCL holder will receive Anonymous Bitcoin at 1:1 ratio on 10 September 2018

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:14:46 PM

Here is a few of the upcoming hardforks that are planned to happen by the end of this year, that we think are interesting:
•   Electroneum(ETN) owners will get ETNX at block 307 000(around 29 May 2018) at 1:1 ratio
•   Tron(TRX) will release its public blockchain on 21 June 2018, migrating from ERC20 tokens to TRX
•   At block 6 100 000(approx. 13 July 2018) ETC holders will be credited ETE – Ethereum Emerald at a 1:1 ratio
•   ZClassic(ZCL) will have a snapshot on 9 September 2018. BTC and ZCL holder will receive Anonymous Bitcoin at 1:1 ratio on 10 September 2018

thanks for sharing this, I'm expecting the number of forks decreasing in time, it's not probably so fashionable anymore. They will start again launching the projects as airdrops most likely.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
jemine

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:20:50 PM

Btcp was forked from zcl and bitcoin two months ago and nothing came out of the project.  In fact it ended up to be another sharade. Most of this fork are just to take people's btc and nothing more.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:28:49 PM

thanks for sharing this, I'm expecting the number of forks decreasing in time, it's not probably so fashionable anymore. They will start again launching the projects as airdrops most likely.

I don¡'t think so. I believe hardforks will keep raising exponentially, as long as the altcoin bubble doesn't burst. Hard forking remains a good way to spread coins around without much jurisdictional problems.

ICO's usually involve a ton of bureocracy and risks for investors. Airdrops aren't automated, and requires some centralized party holding the coins to distribute them. So the remaining way is hardforking so owners of previous coins get the new coins, this doesn't require to follow any laws or a centralized actor spreading coins (example, Byteball)

Of course, the best way remains a proper PoW launch like Bitcoin.
JaekRock

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 03:18:27 AM

Laser is a hard fork of Ethereum that's going to be launching soon and airdrop to ETH and ETC holders.  I'm watching it...sounds like they have some things lined up that should start coming out in the next weeks with partners using the platform.

https://medium.com/laserprotocol/laser-airdrop-to-ethereum-holders-coming-soon-97bda1e55fbd
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:38:19 AM

Btcp was forked from zcl and bitcoin two months ago and nothing came out of the project.  In fact it ended up to be another sharade. Most of this fork are just to take people's btc and nothing more.

well the reason why this fork happened due to the network itself(most of them had a problem with their network and need something to fix it).
most of them did not want to do this(remembered when we heard about fork that will happens with Bitcoin a while ago ? many people fight for it because they don't like it) but they have no other solution other than this,right ?
and some people used this as an opportunity to create their own KINGDOM.

also OP, i think it would be nice for you to keep updating this thread my friend(well if you can do that for sure  Tongue)
because it is very useful for beginner and other people.
so we know what will happen with some project and when will it be.

lastly thanks for sharing it.
dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:54:46 AM

Thread very carefully with ETNX, very possible scam!
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:46:50 AM

I am looking forward to the bitcoin cash hardfork and to see what they end up doing the fork that was made off of a fork because it sounds interesting and funny at the same time. The trx one is interesting too and it would be good to see what they end up doing with it. In general, I am not very psyched about hardforks as they just eat off the hardwork of others
JCS-CCT

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:56:31 AM

Thread very carefully with ETNX, very possible scam!

It is a scam coin!  Must read: https://etnx.leafpool.com/
hardforks.com (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:34:18 PM

Quick update on the list :

• Stellar (XLM) 30 August 2018 - All Stellar holders as of ~30th of August 2018 will be owners of Stellar Dolphin." (XDM) (Probably 1:1)

That is the only interesting upcoming fork. We will keep you update if anything new comes around. 

Agamemnus

Activity: 267
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:48:07 PM

Personally I think that I am very interested in the upcoming hardfork of bitcoin cash, mostly because I am just curious to see what they do with a coin that was made from hardforking an already hardforked coin.This market just keeps coming up with new surprises at every turn that I believe that we are just starting to scrape the surface when it comes to the possibilities with cryptos.

Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 04:59:52 PM

do not expect too much with fork activity like this, most and indeed most of the fork ends to ashes, there is no continuation of the development team after the fork.
especially now, the bitcoin price that dumps out loud most likely makes fork like this will not have any impact
vladaziya4

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:24:01 PM

I believe that yes, since this is one of the best crypto currency at this time. But somewhere more promising, and somewhere else just going to be.
hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:55:26 PM

Quick update on the list :

• Stellar (XLM) 30 August 2018 - All Stellar holders as of ~30th of August 2018 will be owners of Stellar Dolphin." (XDM) (Probably 1:1)

That is the only interesting upcoming fork. We will keep you update if anything new comes around. 

Thank you for sharing this i'm holding XLM and partly they are in my hot wallet. i'll keep an eye on this thread for some upcoming hardforks.

And also i am proud a bagholder of ETC and Zclassic. thank you for this one!
indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 06:07:57 PM

good information to be shared. but the obvious is always a careful course in hard forks because sometimes it's trap and thus will make the conditions become increasingly difficult. But while you can take advantage of it then take all the profit that could be obtained.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gomeZLTC

Activity: 127

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:16:09 PM

Thanks for the information. We know the Hardfork process always makes the coin flash "pump and dump". I hope your post is continually updated about Hardfork crypto information
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:26:26 PM

https://www.bitcoinprime.org/

A fork of primecoin and bitcoin is also coming. Fork date is not published yet.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:42:24 PM

This is a nice topic! I am interested in hardfork after BitcoinCash. Not all hard forks are good, not all of them reach so high price like BitcoinCash did,
but some of them are very interesting and supported from people around the world.
   Great list for sure, I hope you will continue to post about upcoming hardforks in the future. I will check some of this hardforks, from Ethereum Classic
I already got some Calipsos from their first fork, I will probably participate in this fork too.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███