Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 01:36:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be aware of KYC  (Read 213 times)
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1589

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:53:12 PM

KYC is a procedure that many ICOs implement. It is normal due to the uncertainty in regulations and the multi-jurisdictional scope of most ICOs. However, as investors, we have a serious problem with this, because everytime we want to invest, we have to upload yet another copy of our ID.

If I get scammed and lost my ETH or NEO... well, I can live with that. But if I am scammed and my identity is stolen, the damage can be extreme. Paypal accounts, credit cards, bills, services... the economic disaster can be huge.

What is the solution to this? I have read a bit about projects like CIVIC or The Key, but it seems that ICOs are reluctant to use these. WHY? As investors, we deserve to be treated with maximum care.

dollurs

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:59:21 PM

You are right. although we need to provide KYC for lots of things, that is our identity and the identity theft is a most dangerous thing that can happen. I know a website that we need to register there and pass our KYC only once. After that we can provide our account name of that account to ICO and bounty and no need to provide passport or other details for each and everyone. But I don't know whether all the ICOs and bounties accept that.
Hellobx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:03:53 PM

Yes, it's also a concern for me.
I can't lose my credit for profit, so I won't submit any KYC.

tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 02:22:31 PM

That part is the most crucial. Especially when you need to fill up and submit your KYC in order to be able to participate in the sale. This is a big threat when the ICO that holds a sale, for example, they got hacked and have stolen some user identities, it will be a major disaster to us all.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:27:41 PM

One thing we can do is not to participate in ICO, bounty or airdrop that requires KYC. The reason is that we wouldnt be able to assure that they are not scam because they are all getting expert in getting customers and investors. I've already stopped joining and trying to get free stuff because i am afraid that they might stole my identity and use it for fraud.
waldocarter

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:33:54 PM

You are right. although we need to provide KYC for lots of things, that is our identity and the identity theft is a most dangerous thing that can happen. I know a website that we need to register there and pass our KYC only once. After that we can provide our account name of that account to ICO and bounty and no need to provide passport or other details for each and everyone. But I don't know whether all the ICOs and bounties accept that.

Very interesting. And what is this site? can you give a link?
And I also agree there are serious risks with the theft of personal data. But alas, if you plan to invest - then you need to put up with it

ernoo

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:38:51 PM

You can participate through ICO pools without KYC, but it can also be a dangerous game, I guess there could be many scammers there. I think we just have to accept, that the cryptocurrency is not a very safe investment method, but have some great returns, so for me, it worth the risk.
huche886

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:42:43 PM

There is no way, many projects are KYC, the purpose is to make them look more standardized, if they really are a compliance company, these are not to worry about! You are advised not to upload your own key information! This is the safest!

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™ (https://uncloak.io/)
khelan

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 02:45:07 PM

Very interesting. And what is this site? can you give a link?
And I also agree there are serious risks with the theft of personal data. But alas, if you plan to invest - then you need to put up with it

I have seen icosid which is accepted by shivom ICO for kyc completion and login purpose. Such project is really require so that our identity can be safe from scammers
iwanirawan

Activity: 112
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 02:52:16 PM

Is that all ICO which required KYC always scam? I mean not just for paying our job. But in future there's a possibility to stole our identify for bad reason such as Paypall, credit cards and another reason. What reason they going to do that? Is there any solution for being not scammed if we want to join ICO that requires KYC?
lemonmint

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:56:31 PM

ICO without KYC sounds like a bad idea. Regulators want you do not sell your coin and get money from bad guys. We need KYC. Personally I never invest ICO without KYC. It is super risky.
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:06:20 PM

Most of the ICO project required investor pass KYC, not all of them also scam, most important is investor need to do their homework before join the ICO, we know that submit our information to third party is so dangerous, but do we have any choice? money or no money (don't KYC), so I hope that thekey, selfkey, icopass can immediately solve this issue
cryptobucs

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:10:03 PM

That is also my concern at this time. I am skeptical to sign up in their kyc because there's a big chance that my identity will be stolen. But i have no choice but to sign up to get my reward that i hardly worked for.
JeramiParan

Activity: 110

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:28:39 PM

Yeah your definitely right, it is not safe to give our personal information to any body, we know it is require in some ico's but if you need to pass your kyc, do some research first on the project if it is liget. Sending your personal info means you are submitting yourself.
NoSkyLimit

Activity: 171
Merit: 50

Crypto will save my kids!

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:19:56 PM

Well you're kinda right. I don't like the ideea to give away my ID and other privacy things so I'm just gonna skip the KYC project or just get involved in the ones that can provide trust/decent alpha product and support for their investors. I saw an article on reddit recently that most of the current projcets don't care about investors and they just tell to go on telegram to chat there but guess what,no one is responding anymore.

▐▀   ▄▀▄  █▄  █ █  █  ▀▌         Games        ANYONE        Bitcointalk              ▐▀   ▄▀▄  █▄  █ █  █  ▀▌
▐    █▄█  █ ▀▄█ ▀▄▄▀   ▌      Referral      Investment      Discord  |  Github       ▐    █▄█  █ ▀▄█ ▀▄▄▀   ▌
▐▄  █   █ █   █ ▄▄▀   ▄▌     Dividents       Platform       Twitter  |  Telegram     ▐▄  █   █ █   █ ▄▄▀   ▄▌
ultrastructure

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:27:23 PM

Yeah I think you are right, it is not safe to give our personal information to any body, we know it is require in some ico's but if you need to pass your kyc, do some research first on the project if it is liget. Sending your personal info means you are submitting yourself...
Although we need to provide KYC for lots of things, that is our identity and the identity theft is a most dangerous thing that can happen. I know a website that we need to register there and pass our KYC only once. After that we can provide our account name of that account to ICO and bounty and no need to provide passport or other details for each and everyone. But I don't know whether all the ICOs and bounties accept that...
Obeng minn

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:29:12 PM

I think ICO projects that use KYC or do not have the same risk. but those using KYC make it a bit more difficult to work.
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:30:50 PM

You are right about this it is a serious concern as this space is not that secured yet so investing in an ICO amd that ICO turning out to be a scam can left us with scammed money and also our identity at risk too. There has to be some regualtions regarding this implementation for the safety of Investors.
lutcor

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:33:11 PM

I completely agree with the fact that now many projects are conducted by KYC which in the end only harms people, I think that this is not right, because now there are a lot of places where you can buy these documents after KYC, think about it.
Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:33:32 PM

i totally agree with your concern we should be very careful. i dont like to send my private informations to some company that i dont know. it is a ridiculous demand actually. because blockchain based projects supposed to have an anonymous base. But demanding the id details is not fair at all.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: