Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:44:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IcyHash Pool/Spork985 refusing to produce or explain multiple missing coins  (Read 1704 times)
ocean59 (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:16:12 AM

What happened: I was the 7th miner on icyhash's ClockCoin pool, holding the number 1 hashrate for a short period of time. The pool was paying out incorrectly (50 coins/block instead of 60). spork asked for all those affected to pm. I did, twice, and received no response (50 Clock owed). He did respond to me in clockcoin thread saying he 'must not have gotten my pm' which triggered the second PM.

Giving the benefit of the doubt, I again mined on icyhash for the coinye launch (of the 5 pools I pre-programmed, it was the only one functioning at launch time). I had to leave the house, there was no time to decrypt the wallet and setup auto-payout. I was mining from within 10 minutes of launch, and there were many reports of miners on this site receiving significantly fewer coins than other pools, for no obvious reason, longer than usual blocks, incorrect payouts, etc.

The next morning the pool goes offline due to supposed DDOS. Pool owner gets very upset and agitated, first states he will only give out coins if the DDOSer comes forward, lashes out at community several times, and then decides to threaten everyone to format his server and delete everyone's coins. Incredibly immature behavior all around.

Pool owner recants, and states he will pay everyone who PM's him within 24 hrs. Isolated reports come in of both 'i got paid' and 'i still didn't get paid.' I sent a PM with the IP address, username, and wallet address as requested. no response. After 24 hours, I send a second PM with all the information, still no response. I call him out in the thread, more than once, no response.

The next day he begins advertising that his pool is now open again, and with DDOS protection. He spams this several times throughout the forum. I start complaining rather loudly in the coinye thread in response, and he replies with 'just send me a pm' (I've already sent 4 over the last 7 days).

I've logged into my account at icyhash for coinye and the balance is 0, when it should be somewhere in the 500K-1million range (still a fraction of what miners at other pools got). The owner refuses to respond in any way to my PMs or public thread call-outs. It was suggested that I post the ordeal here. Thanks for your time, and please be careful out there.

Scammers Profile Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=211810
Reference Link:
Please see my last 12 posts on this forum, and screenshot of PMs below:
Amount Scammed:
50 Clockcoins, and ~500K-1million CLKcoins (exact amount unknown)
Payment Method:
Mining on this dude's pool. CLK and COYE
Proof of Payment:
See my last 12 posts on this forum, and screenshots of unanswered PMs below:
PM/Chat Logs:
https://i.imgur.com/HFKrMwF.png
Additional Notes: This person has lashed out at the community several times for activities such as DDOS which are clearly outside of anyone's control. After many profanity laced insults (coinye thread), he threatened to delete everyone's coins off his server. There is an awful lot about this situation that isn't right, I've seen other posts of 'where's my coins?' and i hope those individuals come here to share their stories as well. In the meantime, this guy has been running around all day still spamming his pool, and even doing coin giveaways, etc. Please use extreme caution when dealing with this individual.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spork985

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:29:22 PM

Giving the benefit of the doubt, I again mined on icyhash for the coinye launch (of the 5 pools I pre-programmed, it was the only one functioning at launch time). I had to leave the house, there was no time to decrypt the wallet and setup auto-payout. I was mining from within 10 minutes of launch, and there were many reports of miners on this site receiving significantly fewer coins than other pools, for no obvious reason, longer than usual blocks, incorrect payouts, etc.
Not my fault

The next morning the pool goes offline due to supposed DDOS. Pool owner gets very upset and agitated, first states he will only give out coins if the DDOSer comes forward, lashes out at community several times, and then decides to threaten everyone to format his server and delete everyone's coins. Incredibly immature behavior all around.
I apologize for the immature behavior.

Pool owner recants, and states he will pay everyone who PM's him within 24 hrs. Isolated reports come in of both 'i got paid' and 'i still didn't get paid.' I sent a PM with the IP address, username, and wallet address as requested. no response. After 24 hours, I send a second PM with all the information, still no response. I call him out in the thread, more than once, no response.
I paid every single person who PMed me with valid information. Here's your transaction you're accusing me of not receiving.

Date: 1/9/2014 21:47
To: 5VAb9hGu7ncqViGkpdngJvisppDKp5rujT payout
Debit: -173013.00 COYE
Transaction fee: -1.00 COYE
Net amount: -173014.00 COYE
Transaction ID: 21752144c7d85a144cd1b195f22e6366185bd2c1293c7f687f4ba74f0eb38189

Here's a screenshot of my wallet showing payouts:
http://someimage.com/Q8zFwVj

The next day he begins advertising that his pool is now open again, and with DDOS protection. He spams this several times throughout the forum. I start complaining rather loudly in the coinye thread in response, and he replies with 'just send me a pm' (I've already sent 4 over the last 7 days).
Yes, it was open again.

I've logged into my account at icyhash for coinye and the balance is 0, when it should be somewhere in the 500K-1million range (still a fraction of what miners at other pools got). The owner refuses to respond in any way to my PMs or public thread call-outs. It was suggested that I post the ordeal here. Thanks for your time, and please be careful out there.
You clearly didn't read the post where I mentioned over and over again it was created with a fresh start and to contact me to resolve outstanding balances. You resolved your balances (see transaction id above).

This person has lashed out at the community several times for activities such as DDOS which are clearly outside of anyone's control. After many profanity laced insults (coinye thread), he threatened to delete everyone's coins off his server. There is an awful lot about this situation that isn't right, I've seen other posts of 'where's my coins?' and i hope those individuals come here to share their stories as well. In the meantime, this guy has been running around all day still spamming his pool, and even doing coin giveaways, etc. Please use extreme caution when dealing with this individual.
You're seeing it from your point of view and not mine. You didn't invest hours and hours of your time half way through the night to get things working and stable.

This site and these pools are not worth my time anymore. If people are going to jump up and shout "scam" when I'm being screwed over by problem after problem and someone's DDOS attacks, then this I what's going to happen. My time is more valuable than that and will be use for better projects.
ocean59 (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:42:53 PM

#1 - This is the first reply from you I've ever received, despite all my attempts for over a week to contact you. I had to file a scam accusation thread to get you to reply to me.

#2 - You do not address the missing CLK coins.

#3 - The address you posted, stating you sent 173014 CoinyeCoins to, is actually my Clockcoin address, as the screenshots I provided of the PMs I sent you clearly state. I have not received any Coinyecoins from you. I have not received my Clockcoins from you. Therefore, you have not paid everyone. Just to save you the clicks my Coinye address is 5nEdE9QMHXwT5wBUhvANbZXkA8QUVyp3Jm and My Clk address is 5VAb9hGu7ncqViGkpdngJvisppDKp5rujT

#4 - I find it strange that throwing 1.4MH/s at Coinye on your pool from 10 minutes post-launch for 13 hours resulted in <200K Coinye coins. I polled many other people with similar hash rates, and they all have 500k-1million over the same time frame. Obviously I have no objective evidence to support this, but doesn't it seem a little strange to you?

#5 - Thanks for the apology. Your behavior has been much more respectable in public appearances over the last few days.

#6 - I'm not jumping up and shouting scam. I've been trying to contact you every possible way for 7 days, and this is the first time you have responded. I still don't have my coins, and you've not provided any proof of them being sent to any correct address that I've provided to you.

Almost every pool owner has experienced DDOS. This is not an unusual or uncommon event. How the situation is dealt with is what determine's one integrity. IMO of course.

Anyhow...still looking forward to receiving my coins? I hope?
spork985

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:05:44 PM

#1 - I was getting dozens of PMs to pay out, it's hard to keep them all straight. I sent the coins and deleted.

#2 - My intent was to bring the CLK pool back online but due to the reactions of the COYE pool, I decided it's not worth my time. Every single time I posted somewhere, someone quoted it and shouted "SCAM" in big bold red letters. How would that make you feel? It makes me feel like a pile of dog feces.

#3 - That explains why you never got them. I sent you some more... I also sent you the remaining CLK balance. I have no use for clock coins and they don't belong to me. Feel free to use them for a giveaway or something.

#4 - I don't know what to find strange. I queried the transaction tables directly and that's what it said you were owed. I was mining immediately at launch and 99% of my shares were rejected.

#5 - I was trying to correct the problems but I now see that's impossible to do. When you're frustrated and pissed off, you often say things without thinking out of anger. I still think 80% of the people in that thread are morons though.

#6 - I've explained numerous times the explanation of what happened. Nobody believes me, so at this point, I just don't care anymore. I'm done. I'm moving on. I'm not wasting my time trying to convince people. I have better things to do in life.

Anyway, thanks for understanding... I think? I hope you're able to see me for who I really am and not what others have made me.
ocean59 (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:58:24 PM

Anyway, thanks for understanding... I think? I hope you're able to see me for who I really am and not what others have made me.

Thank you, I can confirm now that the Coinye coins have been received. I have not however, received any clock coins. Please keep in mind there was a recent update released to the clock-coin client.

I do understand, I think. As I've said before, I do wish you the best.

I would encourage you work on better communicating should you continue your pool ventures. If you had simply responded to the PMs I sent with the action taken, this could have been resolved in hours, instead of days, and there would not be all these posts from me saying 'wtf are my coins already??'

In any event I will update the posts I have made with the outcome once I have received the ClockCoins. Thanks for finally taking the time to reply to me.
spork985

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:28:41 AM

Do I need to download and compile the new wallet to send? It still says 0 confirmations.

I tried communication in the COYE thread. Nobody listened. The reason for not replying to PMs is because the site limits to one post per 62 seconds... It's annoying to reply to a hundred PMs that way.
ocean59 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:45:38 AM

Word, yes, this site is beyond annoying when it comes to post limitations, totally agreed. I think that it is so bad that it is to the point of limiting legitimate participation much more than they realize.

Yes, you prolly have to download the new client for Clock. All i know is that my blockchain stopped synching in the last 24 hours, I visited CLK thread and d/led new client and deleted all files first (except wallet.dat of course). Now everything seems to work fine.
spork985

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:32:28 PM

Looks like it went through.
ocean59 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:50:29 PM

Thanks, I did receive the Clockcoins. It would appear you sent significantly more than was owed - was that your intention? If so, thank you!

I will update all my previous posts now with the positive outcome.

I'm very glad this had a happy ending. Smiley
spork985

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:03:57 PM

Thanks, I did receive the Clockcoins. It would appear you sent significantly more than was owed - was that your intention? If so, thank you!

#3 - That explains why you never got them. I sent you some more... I also sent you the remaining CLK balance. I have no use for clock coins and they don't belong to me. Feel free to use them for a giveaway or something.

It had a happy ending because I'm not an asshole like everyone is making me out to be... lol.
baneemmi

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:18:19 PM

It had a happy ending because I'm not an asshole like everyone is making me out to be... lol.

you're an asshole, and you're scammer who needs to be banned for life from this forum, or too dumb and have no knowledge in setting pools, pool protection etc which i dont believe. You have same trick every time you make a pool, everytime some hacking of accounts arrives, mistaken source code so that's why blocks are 20000% each at beggining, stratum etc bla bla and whatever terms u nerds use. Then everytime after 15th attack for scam you come out with words: "What can i do to make things right, give me adress to send you some coins" (usually 1/50 of ammount you scam from every user on every of your pools for every instamine coin you set it) you send and that makes you good guy..
And in mean time you log in with your 15 fake accounts replying on your own posts (5 spams per page about BEST POOL EVER IcyHash) how everyone is delighted with your services and got their coins. Thats who you are, you greedy thief
ocean59 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:40:15 PM

Thanks for the bold, I've been a little distracted last 24 hours. I will certainly find a good use for them!
ocean59 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:46:13 PM

you're an [...]

To be fair, I have not seen nor am I aware of any other users who, at this moment, are due coins from this person or his pools. While it is a bit ridiculous I had to go through everything I did to get the response and resolution, once all was explained it does make sense. Coinye were sent to my address, but wrong coin. Clock client was forked and needed update. PMs were processed but not responded to due to volume. Once I raised a big flag and said "Hey!" the problem was corrected. The pool owner has been behaving in a much more mature fashion recently, and even doing giveaways.

If there is anyone else actually missing coins from this person (and I advertised this thread already 24 hours ago), they have not spoken up. This leads me to believe that I am the only one, and that it was a legitimate misunderstanding.

Things happen when you're running a pool - it's how you handle the situation afterwards that counts. It would seem spork has learned quite a bit from this experience, and I hope his future endeavours are drama free. Smiley
ocean59 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:48:03 PM

Who do they belong to???
spork985

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:28:59 PM

you're an asshole, and you're scammer who needs to be banned for life from this forum, or too dumb and have no knowledge in setting pools, pool protection etc which i dont believe. You have same trick every time you make a pool, everytime some hacking of accounts arrives, mistaken source code so that's why blocks are 20000% each at beggining, stratum etc bla bla and whatever terms u nerds use. Then everytime after 15th attack for scam you come out with words: "What can i do to make things right, give me adress to send you some coins" (usually 1/50 of ammount you scam from every user on every of your pools for every instamine coin you set it) you send and that makes you good guy..
And in mean time you log in with your 15 fake accounts replying on your own posts (5 spams per page about BEST POOL EVER IcyHash) how everyone is delighted with your services and got their coins. Thats who you are, you greedy thief

Congratulations. You just demonstrated the reason why I don't give a crap any more. Have a nice day, baneemmi Smiley

Edit: 15 fake accounts? What drugs are you smoking?  Huh
baneemmi

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:54:27 PM

you're an [...]

To be fair, I have not seen nor am I aware of any other users who, at this moment, are due coins from this person or his pools. While it is a bit ridiculous I had to go through everything I did to get the response and resolution, once all was explained it does make sense. Coinye were sent to my address, but wrong coin. Clock client was forked and needed update. PMs were processed but not responded to due to volume. Once I raised a big flag and said "Hey!" the problem was corrected. The pool owner has been behaving in a much more mature fashion recently, and even doing giveaways.

If there is anyone else actually missing coins from this person (and I advertised this thread already 24 hours ago), they have not spoken up. This leads me to believe that I am the only one, and that it was a legitimate misunderstanding.

Things happen when you're running a pool - it's how you handle the situation afterwards that counts. It would seem spork has learned quite a bit from this experience, and I hope his future endeavours are drama free. Smiley

He had about 1000 accusations till now, all the same and all on different coins and every time he gave the same or similar answer and explanation. He sets up a pool for instamine for every new coins arriving, he counts you 1/50 of what you really mine based on your hash rate in first 2-3 hours when difficulty is extremelly low, then after diffculty rises his pools start working normal and he makes statement (we had some problems but now is everything fine).. Point is that for that first 2-3 hours he takes more then he would take from all other workers in next 3 months (especially because nowaday workers start running to another coin when diff rises). Then after he acts nice and polite, explains database was wrong set up, that he bleeded whole night to make it all right, and he is offended of being accused of scam.. And still because he can't stand it up morally that someone can accuse him, he offers some coins "from his own pocket" to "make things right"... And usually spamming 5-10 messages/per every page of bitcointalk about his pool working fine and message "dont go to other pools who will scam you and take your coins" . If you dont believe me pick first next coin launching soon, and if you see Icyhash pool there start mining with one worker from first second. Then use another worker on other pool which you trust and compare results and difference of coins you made in same time.. Cheers
spork985

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:28:06 PM

you're an [...]

He had about 1000 accusations till now, all the same and all on different coins and every time he gave the same or similar answer and explanation. He sets up a pool for instamine for every new coins arriving, he counts you 1/50 of what you really mine based on your hash rate in first 2-3 hours when difficulty is extremelly low, then after diffculty rises his pools start working normal and he makes statement (we had some problems but now is everything fine).. Point is that for that first 2-3 hours he takes more then he would take from all other workers in next 3 months (especially because nowaday workers start running to another coin when diff rises). Then after he acts nice and polite, explains database was wrong set up, that he bleeded whole night to make it all right, and he is offended of being accused of scam.. And still because he can't stand it up morally that someone can accuse him, he offers some coins "from his own pocket" to "make things right"... And usually spamming 5-10 messages/per every page of bitcointalk about his pool working fine and message "dont go to other pools who will scam you and take your coins" . If you dont believe me pick first next coin launching soon, and if you see Icyhash pool there start mining with one worker from first second. Then use another worker on other pool which you trust and compare results and difference of coins you made in same time.. Cheers

Think about it buddy... All of the stratum instances are on the same server. If one pool gets whacked by an attack, wouldn't it make sense that the rest would be down too? Your point of instamining then closing is invalid since I just publicly gave away my entire wallet balances since they don't belong to me.

Another rude and arrogant dick proving my point of not caring anymore. They should start giving logical reasoning tests here before people are allowed to sign up.
baneemmi

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:54:24 PM

you're an [...]

Think about it buddy... All of the stratum instances are on the same server. If one pool gets whacked by an attack, wouldn't it make sense that the rest would be down too? Your point of instamining then closing is invalid since I just publicly gave away my entire wallet balances since they don't belong to me.

Another rude and arrogant dick proving my point of not caring anymore. They should start giving logical reasoning tests here before people are allowed to sign up.

see, that's the real point.. now you started answering..
you accuse me of being rude, and i accused you with thousand of others for being thief and scammer - and now you're rude too... So funny, how you have time and morality to even answer the accusations - Change then nick, use some other account, and open another scamming pools on other name - and you're good..
spork985

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:56:04 PM

you're an [...]

see, that's the real point.. now you started answering..
you accuse me of being rude, and i accused you with thousand of others for being thief and scammer - and now you're rude too... So funny, how you have time and morality to even answer the accusations - Change then nick, use some other account, and open another scamming pools on other name - and you're good..

See? You're still going at it with your arrogant attitude. I'm not a scammer, yet you continue to call me one? It sounds like you need a few slaps in the face to get in touch with society.
ocean59 (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:10:31 AM

[...] since I just publicly gave away my entire wallet balances since they don't belong to me.

I'd like to ask again, who do these coins belong to that you sent to me?? I don't understand...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: