Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:12:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi Guys, I'm fairly new to bitcoin and just made a mistake, need some help.  (Read 614 times)
syuyu (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:33:29 AM

I was encrypting my wallet which had a fairly small amount (0.06) in it and was storing my password in an app before typing it out on the computer. Unfortunately after typing out my password and restarting the wallet I found that for some reason the app hadn't saved the password and i couldn't remember it entirely perfectly. I remember quite close down to which letters were capitalized and which numbers and punctuation I used but the order for the numbers and punctuation is eluding me. Can anyone help me crack the encryption for a decently affordable price? Seeing as hopefully it shouldn't take too long as I have pretty much the password in its entirety in a slightly different arrangement memorized.

Thank you in advance for any replies!
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackioflap

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:11:06 AM

You will probably be better off just getting a new wallet. It most likely cost more to get back in to that one than to build up more. Always try to write out your passwords before you type them. Its saved me quite a few times.
sniksen

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:17:37 AM

There are password crakcers where you type in everything you remember about your password. Estimated length, umber of characters, did you use lower/uppercase, special characters etc. It then presents you with a lot of options. I do not remember the name though, but if you look for it I am sure you will find it
syuyu (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:07:20 AM

I'm not sure how that last one would help me unless that program was specifically designed for a bitcoin wallet. I've looked online for a bit can't seem to find anything.
sniksen

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:10:12 AM

Uhm, you lost your password? It gives you all possible combinations regarding the data you put in. It doesn't have to be designed for anything but finding a password. It does not matter where you typed the password, just put in the data you remember. I read about it on this forum BTW, so you will find it here. I don't remember which thread or subforum.

Edit; the cracker wont try to input the passwords in the QT for you, that you'll have to do manually. It will give you a list of all possible combinations
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: