Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:08:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: nTek Computers. 1Th/s Bitcoin ASIC Miner  (Read 4721 times)
tarik1969 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:57:23 AM

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has heard of a company by the name of nTek. They are selling 1Th/s Bitcoin ASIC Miner with only a 14 day leed time. The following link will take yo to their website with details and pricing of miners.

http://ntekcomputers.com/

Tarik
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:13:36 AM

Well, the only "Erupters" we know of consume far more than 300W per Terahash... in fact NOTHING sucks as little as that, 500W per TH would be phenomenal and make news all over.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
tarik1969 (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:31:41 AM

They are selling on eBay so I am wondering if they are legit due to eBay protection.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1Th-s-Bitcoin-ASIC-Miner-/181300072390?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a36538fc6

ntekcomputers

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 02:04:35 PM

nTek Computers is not associated with Paul Burgess in any way.

I agree that he is a scammer because I also talked to him in the past and he sent me an image of his "miner." The image was clearly a very bad computer generated rendering. That was not the part that raised red flags though. The fact that he argued with me on the phone and tried to claim that it was a real photograph taken with a camera was just a straight lie.

At one point we looked into getting 1Th/a miners from Paul Burgess but at the same time we were already working on building our own for a while. Just like you said though Paul was offering to take payment through PayPal. That was the only reason I wanted to see if it was legit.

Do stay away from Paul Burgess...but again we are not associated with him at all.

We are building our own miners and getting the Coincraft A1 28nm ASIC chips directly from Bitmine.ch

You can call or contact Bitmine and ask them if we have purchased a large quantity of chips.

warrendice

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:24:26 PM

sorry to hear paul burgess is giving you a bad name.this guy ripped my mate off $4080 via paypal!
HASHRA

Activity: 112

HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 02:51:38 PM

Man, do people really fall for this stuff?... It's a real shame.

Can't believe people get away with these scams.

ntekcomputers

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 03:16:05 PM

We did not purchase anything at all from Paul Burgess. It was very easy to see that he is a scammer when he emailed fake photos and tried to pass them off as real. He then got angry when I asked him about the "photos" on the phone.

We are building a real 1200Gh/s miner based on the Coincraft A1 ASIC chips. I just want to make this clear because there are these posts with our company name and now information about Pual Burgess we are not associated to them.

At one point we were looking at getting Paul's 1Th/s miner to resell here in the United States but we have also been working on our own ASIC miners well before that. Our miners are real and based on 28nm chip technology which is very real.

Just wanted to try to clear this information up.
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:23:30 PM

I do like this miner:

http://ntekcomputers.com/products/1ths-asic-bitcoin-miner-1000gh

From the picture it looks like I can plug my speakers into it.. Sweet!  Grin

The turbo mode reminds of my old IBM XT too, I loved my turbo button on the front...
73blazer

Activity: 111
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:41:18 PM

I don't see any business entity in VA with ntek in the name:

Clicky
ntekcomputers

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 11:46:48 PM

Clicky

nTek Computers is part of RevUp Render, Inc. 

RevUp Render is a registered corporation in the state of Rhode Island. You can look it up if you like.
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:49:10 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 12:05:22 AM by mindfulmojo

What I want to know is can I hook my speakers up to this miner:

http://ntekcomputers.com/products/1ths-asic-bitcoin-miner-1000gh

It looks like it in the picture, that would be awesome!  Shocked
73blazer

Activity: 111
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:50:46 PM

Clicky

RevUp Render is a registered corporation in the state of Rhode Island. You can look it up if you like.

DOesn't matter, if your marketing under nTek, you need to have a business entity somewhere under that name. I own a small consulting business, I know how it works, I can't register under company X and sell stuff to customers under company Y when company Y doesn't exist anywhere. You can have wholly owned subsidiaries and even alias's, but they have to be registered entities somewhere. The ONLY possible explanation could be your John Doe DBA (doing business as) nTek. But DBA's have no affiliations with "parent" companies, so the whole RevUP thing in another state doesn't wash.

The whole thing just doesn't seem right. I'm not trying to bash you, but there's a ton of scams in this space. Reputable people with real products to sell, should either be saying I'm John and I've bought some ASIC chips by the dozen and I'm assembling some end-user products, and I might have some 2Th/s hashers to sell, or doing business under a real company.
ntekcomputers

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 04:00:09 AM

Clicky

DOesn't matter, if your marketing under nTek, you need to have a business entity somewhere under that name. I own a small consulting business, I know how it works, I can't register under company X and sell stuff to customers under company Y when company Y doesn't exist anywhere. You can have wholly owned subsidiaries and even alias's, but they have to be registered entities somewhere. The ONLY possible explanation could be your John Doe DBA (doing business as) nTek. But DBA's have no affiliations with "parent" companies, so the whole RevUP thing in another state doesn't wash.

The whole thing just doesn't seem right. I'm not trying to bash you, but there's a ton of scams in this space. Reputable people with real products to sell, should either be saying I'm John and I've bought some ASIC chips by the dozen and I'm assembling some end-user products, and I might have some 2Th/s hashers to sell, or doing business under a real company.

nTek Computers is more of a brand of RevUp Render. As an example, Disani is a brand of CocaCola: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dasani

We may make nTek into its own company soon but for now our focus is on getting our TH miner out the door. Please just give us time to show our miners in live videos and reviews soon.
Abitcoinfuture

Activity: 386

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:59:20 PM

So do the 1 th/s machines ship in 2 weeks from purchase or not?
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:29:54 PM

I would be highly skeptical of that, considering the chips they claim to be using haven't been shipped as samples even yet.

If this were a genuine product, the timeline would be something like "two weeks" until they get chips, "two weeks" testing out their board design "two weeks" productionising it, "two weeks" working the bugs out of their production process, "two weeks" redesigning the Raspberry Pi controller after realising the design they stole off a Reddit post actually does something completely different...

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
ntekcomputers

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 05:53:08 AM

I would be highly skeptical of that, considering the chips they claim to be using haven't been shipped as samples even yet.

If this were a genuine product, the timeline would be something like "two weeks" until they get chips, "two weeks" testing out their board design "two weeks" productionising it, "two weeks" working the bugs out of their production process, "two weeks" redesigning the Raspberry Pi controller after realising the design they stole off a Reddit post actually does something completely different...

Flashman, please see this link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294235.180

Coincraft A1 chip samples have already previously shipped. The production chips are scheduled to be delivered before the end of this month.
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:55:36 PM

Oh seems Bitmain's official news feed is a little behind the times.

ntekcomputers

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 03:10:12 PM

Oh seems Bitmain's official news feed is a little behind the times.

Bitmain is a different company from Bitmine.ch
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:17:33 PM

Gah, that's who I meant. Too many similar names.

albela83

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:12:15 PM

I have already ordered the machine. I like the idea that they are taking paypal just shows that its not a scam but lets wait and see

Waiting on delivery will update you guys once I receive  it will update you guys on it .
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: