Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:17:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: where is wallet in linux/truecrypt; everytime other address; usb bitcoin?  (Read 1023 times)
jixapori (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:32:39 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2011, 05:48:44 PM by jixapori

I can publish only here, so, I am interested to solve technical problem.
1)I installed bitcoin in hidden truecrypt volume on linux USB (tails linux, based on debian).
every time when I open hidden volume and I start bitcoin, I get new address, so, if someone ask me where to send bitcoin and I give him present address, next time when I start linux usb and bitcoin software, I will have other address. so, I am asking myself, will I get bitcoins if every time address is changed? I didn't click to change address, it is changing by itself.
2)second question, where is my wallet.dat file in linux usb? I can't find it. I must say that this linux has no persistent option, it means it is like Live CD. but I don't know if it has influence on hidden volume of Truecrypt software, my bitcoin software is in hidden volume in linux usb.
3)if I install bitcoin for windows what will be happen with my wallet file when PC which I use has deepfreeze software? it means everything is frozen as administrator made it. I can install what I want but after restarting computer, all my installed things are gone, there is only installation as admin made it. he made 1GB part of HDD (ThawSpace0 Q), it is named Q: not C: and in this Q I can store files which are not deleted after restarting computer. so, I thought maybe I can store there USB version of bitcoin or I can use USB version in USB. So, what is situation with portable bitcoin software and where can I download it?

just to add that I download zipped bitcoin and exctracted to Q: and when I started software, my blocks are changing, more and more blocks, but connections are always 8. now I tried 9050 port (I started vidalia software, Torproject.org) and connections are 7. so, how many connections and blocks I must have to send/receive bitcoins? I think if I must change firewall, it is dead end for me, firewall is at router/server, I use university PC and I have no access to firewall.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jixapori (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 08:49:30 AM

nobody knows?
than better to give up from bitcoins when people don't know so much but they created digital currency.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: