Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:17:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does bitcoin has any intrinsic value?  (Read 476 times)
cryptotezi (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:14:36 PM

I am really thoughtful to know that why btc has so much value than other cryptos. Does it has any intrinsic value??
What's your opinion??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:04:44 PM

Here is why Bitcoin has so much value when compared to other cryptos:

For one, it is the first cryptocurrency with the best team of developers. Being the oldest coin out there, it has managed to withstand all sorts of problems and attacks.
Compared to some other cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin has a much smaller attack surface. It has proven to be a very secure form of payment if used correctly.
So far has passed the test of time. On all major exchanges, the trading pairs go mostly via bitcoin. It is the central entity of the entire crypto eco-system.

As for intrinsic value, I think the question could equally apply to any other form of money: Does paper money have any intrinsic value? Not really. Even gold and silver
have no intrinsic value. The value is derived from people's willingness to accept and use these forms of payment as a means of exchange.
Wahyud11

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:54:28 PM

obviously bitcoin has intrinsic value, because it can be used as an easy and instant payment tool for the world, also its anonymous nature makes bitcoin can be used to store and transact by anyone
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:01:22 PM

For one, it is the first cryptocurrency with the best team of developers. Being the oldest coin out there, it has managed to withstand all sorts of problems and attacks.
Compared to some other cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin has a much smaller attack surface. It has proven to be a very secure form of payment if used correctly.
So far has passed the test of time. On all major exchanges, the trading pairs go mostly via bitcoin. It is the central entity of the entire crypto eco-system.

As for intrinsic value, I think the question could equally apply to any other form of money: Does paper money have any intrinsic value? Not really. Even gold and silver
have no intrinsic value. The value is derived from people's willingness to accept and use these forms of payment as a means of exchange.

Well, of course, to consider that paper money, gold and silver have no intrinsic value, it will be wrong.

The paper money of any state is a reflection of the economic state of this state. In each monetary denomination, the state's gold and foreign exchange reserves and all its material values, referred to as the country's gross domestic income, are reflected. This is practically a bill of the state, which says that its holder has the right to receive certain material benefits at a size determined by the merit of this bill. Therefore, we can assume that each denomination has an intrinsic value.

Gold and silver have an intrinsic value, although on the basis that they are rare and valuable metals that are used in many areas of industry and even as jewelry with great value.

But does the internal value of the crypto currency have an ambiguous question. Many believe that the crypto currency has no intrinsic value, because its value is not guaranteed and it is only a reflection of demand and supply for a certain moment. However, it can be said that the additional opportunities provided by it have a certain intrinsic value in comparison with other financial assets, cash and non-cash money. This can not be denied.
earnetheasy

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:24:59 PM

Yes, Bitcoin has a great intrinsic value. You can use it for smoother transactions. Bitcoin provides a wide range of benefits to its clients and is now ranking first among all other cryptos in the market.
kissme09

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:27:15 PM

The trader and the holder determine the value of Bitcoin. But especially overall is the whale, who discovers the real value of Bitcoin. They are the ones who can change the trend and influence the amount of Bitcoin.

jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 03:30:55 PM

Good thing about this forum is that you will be able to learn more about people sharing their ideas especially with this thread. I never thought that someone would really ask for a question like this.  Yeah i have thought about this one also that does bitcoin really have intrinsic value and as usual reading comments below will help me more and i have a lot about how bitcoin created and had an intrinsic value. Thanks to the members who put their valuable ideas about this thread.
sandialoveth

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:58:42 PM

In any case, does the inward estimation of the digital currency have an uncertain inquiry? The answer of the question is ambiguous. Numerous people trust that the digital currency has no inherent esteem, since its esteem isn't ensured and it is just an impression of interest and supply for a specific minute. Notwithstanding, one might say that the extra open doors gave by it have a specific inborn incentive in correlation with other monetary resources, money and non-cold hard cash. This cannot be denied
bman01

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:14:58 PM

Come on man, it has to be expensive, because it is the first one, only because of this rather then any other reason it becomes expensive. It has made the trend and it is most well known all over the world.
Aandosq1

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:27:34 PM

Initial Value of Bitcoin -. Gold has intrinsic value because it can be used as jewelry.
Emma Alex

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:56:31 PM

BTC is leading the crypto market since 2010. It is considered to be the first crypto currency which has gained so much popularity now a days.Besides, it has got a very good repulation. being the oldest, it is developing and making advanced technologies, better than other coins.
thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:09:01 PM

Bitcoin's intrinsic value depends on what you mean by intrinsic. I would argue that Bitcoins are merely ones and zeros on nodes around the world, which in and of themselves, have very little intrinsic value.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4481

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:27:53 PM

lets take gold.
ys gold has purpose EG jewellery, curcuit boards.

but do you know why gold ounces cost $1k instead of $1. because on average it costs $1k+ to mine anounce of gold.

if gold could be mined for $1. gold miners would sell it for $1-$2 and be mining happily all day long. knowing people are there to tak gold off their hands to pay for the labour of extracting gold

same goes for bitcoin.
it costs many thousands to mine one btc. and bitcoin miners wont sell thor coins for much less than it cost them to mine it. infact most pools hoard coins and wait it out for the price rise until its worth selling. and thus the price averages out to be around the cost of mining +/- some speculation

though bitcoin also had alot of purpos ideolism and function in 2009-2013 which has reduced since that period. it still does have some function.
thus bitcoin does have intrinsic value thats made up rcently more so based on cost of production and a bit based on function.

but with that said its important to ensure bitcoin has purpose/function and not be treated as just a "store of value" as its sole purpose because "store of value because store of value because store of value" is not a sustainable sole purpose.. so not only thinking about the cost of mining and store of value we need to kick the devs ass to concentrate on bitcoins mainnetblockchain function. and less on the side services that will eventually also be used for other currencies and thus not be something unique to bitcoin

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
reflectcrypto

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:51:12 AM

From my perspective i think bitcoin has some intrinsic value because it is very easy to use and its payment system is also very effective. Investor can be store bitcoin also. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
sabihanazir

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:54:07 AM

In my opinion bitcoin has some intrinsic value, because it's payment system is also very effective and it's very easy to use. And the trader and the holder determine the value of bitcoin. Moreover,  it is virtual currency. Bitcoin gained so much popularity now a days.Besides, it has got a very good repulation.It is developing and making advanced technologies, better than other coins.
coinriver

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:03:45 AM

Whether or not money has intrinsic value should depend on whether it can be an exchange medium and facilitate transactions, and maintain a certain degree of scarcity.
kasurnya

Activity: 152

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:24:53 PM

Yes, of course. Bitcoin has the ability to handle large transactions even through transactional messages only and this can be done globally, which means bitcoins can be widely distributed and everywhere.
To store all transaction-related information in one bitcoin, you only need to specify a "timestamped" that will record the data permanently in a bitcoin database (called Blockchain).
In December 2013, 1 Bitcoin has been able to attach 1000 messages, and each message can be sent in less than 10 minutes.
Each message can be said to have a value that can confirm proof of ownership of the message or the contents of the document.
If we consider this in a widely applicable electronic notary service in a foreign country, for example, it costs about $ 10 per document. And if this is applied equally in Bitcoin, then of course 1 Bitcoin, will have an intrinsic value of 10,000 Dollars per 1 Bitcoin.
FeatherFan

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:43:56 PM

I am really thoughtful to know that why btc has so much value than other cryptos. Does it has any intrinsic value??
What's your opinion??
my opinion of bitcoin has tremendous intrinsic value with technological advances nowadays. anyone with bitcoin can be used for transactions that I find very safe, because bitcoins run in a decentralized blockchain network. and all bitcoiner holders know that bitcoin is the first and the oldest digital currency among other crypto, bitcoin being the first rank among all the other cryptoes on the market
nickmax

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:05:22 PM

What's your opinion??

Bitcoin has its own intrinsic value due to the huge amount of equipment for mining and spent on the extraction of coins of electricity. In addition, the number of stores that take bitcoin as a payment for their products increases day by day.
Goodday

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:19:58 PM

I think because the bitcoin digital currency actually has any intrinsic value its value only comes from the belief and willingness of bitcoin currency to function as a medium.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: