Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:50:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BCash is dead the moment someone bothers with funding an spam attack  (Read 99 times)
cellard (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:43:03 PM

Recently, BCash proved again that it is a centralized project, by smooth sailing into another hard fork, this time, to a 32 MB blocksize.

With such huge blocks ready to get filled (and ironically, having less demand than a lot of other altcoins in terms of transaction volume) it is basically a disaster waiting to happen. Anyone with enough funds and a mission to fuck BCash up could right now stop spamming big time and the blocks would become eventually undownloadable, just like Ethereum's blockchain.

These shitcoins can't die fast enough, and all the idiots getting tricked into selling Bitcoin for them thinking it's the next big thing will end up paying sooner or later. There's no excuses to not know that these things are scams, we are in 2018.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lemonmint

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:46:18 PM

I am also against to Bcash. However it is a free market. Market will decide whether it is good or not. I hope people understand the importance of decentralization before suffering.
cellard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:19:30 PM

I am also against to Bcash. However it is a free market. Market will decide whether it is good or not. I hope people understand the importance of decentralization before suffering.

The market "decided" Bitconnect was worth 0.037 BTC (258$, by then) and we all know how it ended:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitconnect/

So what I mean is, the market can decided that a scam has value for X period of time, it doesn't mean it ever had objective value. Ethereum, BCash and all these other scams haven't gone to 0 because it's harder for people to see how they are scams, and they are PoW coins so we have miners speculating with their hashrate while possible, and we have scammers with big megaphones like Ver on twitter etc.. but the time will come in which people realize they are scams and the dump will be epic, and all that capital will go to Bitcoin, which means people holding Bitcoin will once again be the winners.
Entei

Activity: 543
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:20:33 PM

Are we close to witnessing a great farce or witnessing a new age with Bcash? I do not know how to mention the true purpose of the coin despite many explanations, theories, concepts and speculations about Bcash, but i agree with your opinion regarding the centralization of this currency and certainly the scam trend is great. However it is tricky to cling and just one side of the coin knowing the level of lucky investors in this coin, will the level of misfortune be 3x or greater in comparison with Bitconnect?
cellard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:30:15 PM

Are we close to witnessing a great farce or witnessing a new age with Bcash? I do not know how to mention the true purpose of the coin despite many explanations, theories, concepts and speculations about Bcash, but i agree with your opinion regarding the centralization of this currency and certainly the scam trend is great. However it is tricky to cling and just one side of the coin knowing the level of lucky investors in this coin, will the level of misfortune be 3x or greater in comparison with Bitconnect?

The purpose for BCash is that they think they can scale indefinitely on-chain. In fact, after upgrading to 32MB, and after seeing how apparently everything is allright, some are calling for an finite blocksize:

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/8jtqpm/the_mythical_block_size_limit_has_now_become/#bottom-comments

So basically, these guys are deluded enough that it's perfectly safe and decentralization friendly to let miners dictate the size of the blocks. Is this mindset that predicts a big disaster eventually happening if BCash actually starts getting traction.
princesocapuyo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:48:48 AM

At first, the thought on everyone's mind when the fork was first created is that there is no way that bitcoin cash will last long and that it is just a scheme for the developers to make some quick money but with time that narrative has changed and bitcoin cash seems to be doing better. I just hope that it does not turn out to be a well though out scam because a lot of people will lose money with it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: