Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:58:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 'bitcoin is a ponzi scheme and wont last without china'-south china morning post  (Read 3570 times)
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:11:37 PM

Some of the harshest words I've seen coming out of China recently. All though this paper (based in hong kong) isn't government owned by mainland China the owner of this paper has long been "pro beijing" and it has history of firing editors who have said anything deemed negative about the government in mainland china.

No way to prove it, but having experience reading/watching pro beijing news I suspect some of the comments to be 'fake' as well... such as:   Great article, Andy Xie, this is the most intelligent and well informed writing on Bitcoin. "Bitcoin is a bubble that foreigners cooked up and, by all appearances, is designed to rob the credulous Chinese masses" This is the most courageous statement and highly significant.

http://www.scmp.com/comment/insight-opinion/article/1404497/bitcoin-bubble-wont-last-without-beijings-approval

Feel free to critique the author's work directly on his Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/andy.xie.economist?fref=ts
haha,

awesome man, thanks. Posted

"Who paid you to write that FUD BitCoin article?"

Indeed, He doesn't even pretend to be even the slightest bit impartial....I have read some shit in my time but this guy is unreal!

It's just state-funded propaganda don't worry about it.
joeykrug

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:15:26 PM

Ugh china is manipulating price so hard. Like the other day when their version of eBay announced they would "not be taking bitcoin".
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:20:27 PM

Ugh china is manipulating price so hard. Like the other day when their version of eBay announced they would "not be taking bitcoin".

That's not them manipulating it; it's people panic selling.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:28:58 PM

Markets don't care about Chinese announcements anymore. *yawn*

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:31:58 PM

The boy in question is a little cock sucker and chino bitch who like to think writing jr.high level of yellow (heh) journalism than getting pat on the head by his bosses equals professional competence.

He need a boot planted on his face and a cock up his ass. Probably won't be too hard seeing as how he's rimming his bosses all day long and writing this bull shit they cheekily call an article.

guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:35:23 PM

The boy in question is a little cock sucker and chino bitch who like to think writing jr.high level of yellow (heh) journalism than getting pat on the head by his bosses equals professional competence.

He need a boot planted on his face and a cock up his ass. Probably won't be too hard seeing as how he's rimming his bosses all day long and writing this bull shit they cheekily call an article.

Why don't you take your racism out of here? All you do is spout racist crap everywhere and act like a little child. And what is your fixation with putting cocks up men's asses and homosexual sex acts? Is there something you're not addressing there?
Dodgers

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:36:13 PM

I wouldn't have quite put it that way.....but i agree with the sentiment   Wink Grin
Honeypot

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:40:52 PM

Why don't you take your racism out of here? All you do is spout racist crap everywhere and act like a little child. And what is your fixation with putting cocks up men's asses and homosexual sex acts? Is there something you're not addressing there?

Such deep and profound analysis. I am humbled by your 'enlightened' views Smiley

Quit your bellyaching and trying to play the moral high horse. If you actually understood the sentiment behind how this chino punk spews these 'articles', you will be less inclined to defend it.

Ignorant and naive children masquerading as 'mature' and 'enlightened'. It's so amusing how corrupted and childish the so called 'progressive' people are these days.

Who is being a child, may I ask? Smiley

This is merely calling it out like it is. Deal with it.  Cool

Also, 'andy'. Hahaha what a good 'chinese' name.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:42:59 PM

Such deep and profound analysis. I am humbled by your 'enlightened' views Smiley

Quit your bellyaching and trying to play the moral high horse. If you actually understood the sentiment behind how this chino punk spews these 'articles', you will be less inclined to defend it.

Ignorant and naive children masquerading as 'mature' and 'enlightened'. It's so amusing how corrupted and childish the so called 'progressive' people are these days.

It's funny how naive and ignorant immature racists trolls are. What sentiment is behind the Chinese article etc? And what sentiment is behind your racist views? Your White American Supremacy?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:46:26 PM

What a crock.  Roll Eyes
Basically arguing that an uncontrolled free market wont work without.... communism???
I'll take that bet.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Honeypot

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:46:52 PM

It's funny how naive and ignorant immature racists trolls are. What sentiment is behind the Chinese article etc? And what sentiment is behind your racist views? Your White American Supremacy?

BWAHAHAHAHA

I had no idea I was 'white'. I guess it takes such a 'mature' and 'intellgent' people like you to tell me who I am. Smiley

It's incredibly amusing to watch a fool trying to act intelligent.

Please, check yourself before thinking you can say anything 'intelligent' because you have a mouth. You are starting to sound like this kid who wrote this 'article', I mean 'bitch fest'.

'Laccciiiissstt'. Please. Do you even have your eyes and ears all the way open?

So simple. So naive.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:54:15 PM

BWAHAHAHAHA

I had no idea I was 'white'. I guess it takes such a 'mature' and 'intellgent' people like you to tell me who I am. Smiley

Please, check yourself before thinking you can say anything 'intelligent' because you have a mouth. You are starting to sound like this kid who wrote this 'article', I mean 'bitch fest'.

So simple. So naive.

You can't even spell intelligent. You just post the same nonsense constantly without actually putting forth any arguments or reasoning whatsoever, you just resort to childish shit-flinging. I guess you must be pretty angry about your shit life right, so you misplace your hate for everybody else because you think they owe you something?

It's incredibly amusing to watch an ignorant racist fool trying to act intelligent.
johnwhitestar

Activity: 697
Merit: 262

Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:55:52 PM

The beauty of bitcoin is that it will never depend on china nor on any other country or entity ;-)

The interest of Chinese government is only confirming this.

Dodgers

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:58:18 PM

BWAHAHAHAHA

So simple. So naive.

Guys.... Hate to be the party-pooper but can we stay on topic??

Lets just all agree that the article was a load of shit.....
Honeypot

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:08:18 PM

BWAHAHAHAHA

So simple. So naive.

Guys.... Hate to be the party-pooper but can we stay on topic??

Lets just all agree that the article was a load of shit.....

That's the whole point. Unfortunately these enablers who are too easily swayed and manipulated will spread these foolish bitching as something worth reading.

Article is shit, and so is the intent behind it. I can ask some 17 year old thug wannabe kid to write something with more backbone and substance.

It's also mainly for domestic consumption and self-congratulatory mental masturbation.

They think they are so 'subtle' LOL really?
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 07:09:39 PM

The South China Morning Post is independent and well respected.  It's not the "party line". Xinhua and People's Daily are the official party line. SCMP criticizes the government of China frequently. They'll mention Falun Gong favorably, and often criticize the "princelings" (sons of older party officials") who are expected to become leaders in China. They're not as independent as they used to be when Rupert Murdoch owned them, though. On business news, they're usually accurate. 

The Hong Kong Economic Journal also considers Bitcoin to be a bubble, one of many in China.  The Pacific Standard says Bitcoin didn't crash after the China crackdown and may survive. They point out that customers spent over $100 million last year on Zynga in-game purchases.

You should be reading all of these to find out what's happening with Bitcoin in China.
Honeypot

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:14:57 PM

The South China Morning Post is independent and well respected.  It's not the "party line". Xinhua and People's Daily are the official party line. SCMP criticizes the government of China frequently. They'll mention Falun Gong favorably, and often criticize the "princelings" (sons of older party officials") who are expected to become leaders in China. They're not as independent as they used to be when Rupert Murdoch owned them, though. On business news, they're usually accurate.  

The Hong Kong Economic Journal also considers Bitcoin to be a bubble, one of many in China.  The Pacific Standard says Bitcoin didn't crash after the China crackdown and may survive. They point out that customers spent over $100 million last year on Zynga in-game purchases.

You should be reading all of these to find out what's happening with Bitcoin in China.

That's unfortunately some naive claptrap. No other way to put it. They are wrapped up too much in their own delusions and biases that makes al-jazeera look objective.

Many chinese mention such counter-opinions on their own. EVERYONE criticizes the princelings. To call them independent and well respected is the same as calling al jazeera not pro-muslim, pravda not pro-soviet, CNN not pro-democrat, and FOX not pro-republican.

But you mentioned them as if such superficial reasons dilute the essential biases in articles and 'authors' such as these.

That's unfortunately being way too naive about issues such as these, and a prime character in those who are easily swayed and hoodwinked by such obvious ulterior motives.
Dodgers

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:20:33 PM

The South China Morning Post is independent and well respected.  It's not the "party line". Xinhua and People's Daily are the official party line. SCMP criticizes the government of China frequently. They'll mention Falun Gong favorably, and often criticize the "princelings" (sons of older party officials") who are expected to become leaders in China. They're not as independent as they used to be when Rupert Murdoch owned them, though. On business news, they're usually accurate.  

The Hong Kong Economic Journal also considers Bitcoin to be a bubble, one of many in China.  The Pacific Standard says Bitcoin didn't crash after the China crackdown and may survive. They point out that customers spent over $100 million last year on Zynga in-game purchases.

That's unfortunately some naive claptrap. No other way to put it. They are wrapped up too much in their own delusions and biases that makes al-jazeera look objective.

Many chinese mention such counter-opinions on their own. EVERYONE criticizes the princelings. To call them independent and well respected is the same as calling al jazeera not pro-muslim, pravda not pro-soviet, CNN not pro-democrat, and FOX not pro-republican.

But you mentioned them as if such superficial reasons dilute the essential biases in articles and 'authors' such as these.

That's unfortunately being way too naive about issues such as these, and a prime character in those who are easily swayed and hoodwinked by such obvious ulterior motives.

Why does this come as any surprise, China is listed in 171st Place with regards to freedom of the press.....tis just par for the course....

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-Issues/2010/1020/Press-Freedom-Index-The-top-10-worst-countries/China
Honeypot

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:23:34 PM

Why does this come as any surprise, China is listed in 171st Place with regards to freedom of the press.....tis just par for the course....

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-Issues/2010/1020/Press-Freedom-Index-The-top-10-worst-countries/China

Many people, up to estimated about 30%, most of whom are highly educated (not necessarily intelligent or 'mature' as some would casually throw out), wealthy, and influential fled hong kong before 1999.

Ironically, they go to other countries and start to bitch about how they are proud to be 'chinese' while benefiting from other nations' education systems and employment opportunities. With such great chinese names as 'andy'.

Now that china is a little more influential, they are trying to cozy up and suck off PRC, calling on 'ethnic allegiances'.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA you can't make this shit up.
Dodgers

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:28:21 PM

The South China Morning Post is independent and well respected.  It's not the "party line". Xinhua and People's Daily are the official party line. SCMP criticizes the government of China frequently. They'll mention Falun Gong favorably, and often criticize the "princelings" (sons of older party officials") who are expected to become leaders in China. They're not as independent as they used to be when Rupert Murdoch owned them, though. On business news, they're usually accurate. 

The Hong Kong Economic Journal also considers Bitcoin to be a bubble, one of many in China.  The Pacific Standard says Bitcoin didn't crash after the China crackdown and may survive. They point out that customers spent over $100 million last year on Zynga in-game purchases.

Many people, up to estimated about 30%, most of whom are highly educated (not necessarily intelligent or 'mature' as some would casually throw out), wealthy, and influential fled hong kong before 1999.

Ironically, they go to other countries and start to bitch about how they are proud to be 'chinese' while benefiting from other nations' education systems and employment opportunities. With such great chinese names as 'andy'.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA you can't make this shit up.

Why are you telling me this??... I live in Singapore....I see it everyday.
However, I also chose to leave my country of birth (mostly for economic reasons) and try to benefit in the same way whilst still being mildly patriotic.... i can't see what  you are getting at??
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: