Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:47:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 42Coin??  (Read 8493 times)
TimFChavez

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:42:41 PM

What?
There is a coin out there which you couldn't solomine right from the start and now worths a lot ?!?!?
This fact absolutely qualifies it as a scam!
Period!

There were a lot of people that solo mined this coin from the start including me and I even found a couple blocks.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:53:29 PM

What?
There is a coin out there which you couldn't solomine right from the start and now worths a lot ?!?!?
This fact absolutely qualifies it as a scam!
Period!

There were a lot of people that solo mined this coin from the start including me and I even found a couple blocks.

Yep - with only 3MH I solomined and managed to get 50 blocks.

chalkyuk

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:54:49 PM

how come it appered so fast on cryptsy. i not even heard of this coin before
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:58:05 PM

devs greasing cryptsys gears.
TimFChavez

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:02:40 PM

No pre-mine, no hype, no insta-mine. Very low starting rewards for first few blocks until network adjusts. It was a fair and even launch with a chance for people to solo mine. The pools worked. It is and has been a stable coin with a good amount of hash on it that is why.
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:04:00 PM

how come it appeared so fast on cryptsy. i not even heard of this coin before

The 42 Coin Thread is on the new subforum Announcement section, not in the main Alt Crypto Forum, might have something to do with it being a surprise.

Not sure why it got on the Cryptsy Exchange so fast, that took me by surprise.

A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:31:50 PM

I was thinking the same..
tbc

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:00:47 PM

0.0000042 locked in my wallet please help.  Undecided
i tried to buy a bit of 42 coin on cryptsy,   Sad
my small buy orders do nothing? why?  Huh   Roll Eyes
4EbWXJS7nzaBW25cps6xdtdVtQekHr2Hoc
 Wink Wink Wink Wink  Cool Cool
gobpaul

Activity: 336

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:06:36 PM

The owner of Cryptsy is   clairvoyant

canth
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:17:30 PM

No pre-mine, no hype, no insta-mine. Very low starting rewards for first few blocks until network adjusts. It was a fair and even launch with a chance for people to solo mine. The pools worked. It is and has been a stable coin with a good amount of hash on it that is why.

Technically there was a small 0.42 pre-mine. However, I don't consider this to be exorbitant and the coin was definitely mineable from day 1, whether through pool or solo. From the thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399658.msg4322628#msg4322628

"UPDATE
Just to clear things up, and to promote transparency. I would like to let everyone know that there was a small 1% block mined before launch. This block has always been intended to help promote 42. I am, and will continue to, host the giveaway. Some has gone to the development of the website. Some has gone to advertise. Some has gone to bounty's. Eventually alot will go to the faucet I am building. I wrestled with the thought of doing this but the coin must be promoted and that is very difficult with no coins to give for giveaways or bounty's.

We currently have some of the best marketing professionals working on 42. I have no doubt that this coin will be a huge success."

Bigeyeone

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:23:25 PM

I see no arguments as to why 42 coin is a scam and I see no facts presented to support cryptsy has been bought off to list this coin. This is just another scrybt coin basically with the decimal point shifted to the left as supposed to shifted to the right like with coins that got billions of them in circulation.

How many 42 coins are currently in circulation by the way and what is it current marketcap ?

I should have mined this coin by the way, but I did not, I figured the scarcity argument was just too obvious for it to be a black swan , and I made a wrong call it seems.

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
xIronCrossx

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:24:43 PM

http://altexplorer.net/chain/42

~.79 coins so far

BTC - 1Comr6M3WohRK94Wi1PVTV8szhxjzLd9yd
Bigeyeone

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:30:11 PM

so at current market value of 1100 btc the marketcap is 869 BTC or $ 713,449 , well not bad for a new coin recently added to an exchange, not bad at all, but nothing extra ordinary

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
Netnox (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:45:10 PM

Where the hell did 42coin come from. It was announced a week ago and right now almost $1.5million a piece???
How many are the developers holding?

Biggest scam if you ask me. I ll make a coin called 10Coin how about that

How is that you've been around on bitcointalk.org for a year and call this a scam? Either stick with pure alt-coin hating or do some better investigation before just throwing posts like this around.

It's obvious that this is a get rich quick scheme, what is so rare about this coin since it's just a copy? There are plenty other coins like 42, but under a different name, can you then tell me what's so rare about this coin? Does it do something very different? Is some country announcing tp use 42 as their currency? It doesn't bring anything new to be rare. The creators thought if we just make it 42 than naif people will fall into believing that it's rare. Also how come Cryptsy added this coin in such a short time? Many haven't even heard about it. No way it's worth a million usd a piece.
defosp

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 06:50:25 PM

cryptsy reflecting unreal course coins at the moment, and false for 42
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:53:49 PM

It's only a scam because you don't have any  Cheesy
canth
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:03:41 PM

It's obvious that this is a get rich quick scheme, what is so rare about this coin since it's just a copy? There are plenty other coins like 42, but under a different name, can you then tell me what's so rare about this coin? Does it do something very different? Is some country announcing tp use 42 as their currency? It doesn't bring anything new to be rare. The creators thought if we just make it 42 than naif people will fall into believing that it's rare. Also how come Cryptsy added this coin in such a short time? Many haven't even heard about it. No way it's worth a million usd a piece.

Your accusations could be applied to 90% of the altcoins available. Except for a few, they're all variations on bitcoin and 90% of them have stolen their PoW algo from the previous coin.

Here's a post discussing 4 coins that are not clones or copies and you're calling them scams too. You might want to try harder before throwing accusations around, quarkfanboy.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399991.msg4328123#msg4328123

PS, yes, quark uses a different PoW but in every other way is just another bitcoin clone. The difference here is that you seem to have profited more off quark. Smiley

Netnox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:12:37 PM

Your accusations could be applied to 90% of the altcoins available. Except for a few, they're all variations on bitcoin and 90% of them have stolen their PoW algo from the previous coin.

Here's a post discussing 4 coins that are not clones or copies and you're calling them scams too. You might want to try harder before throwing accusations around, quarkfanboy.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399991.msg4328123#msg4328123

PS, yes, quark uses a different PoW but in every other way is just another bitcoin clone. The difference here is that you seem to have profited more off quark. Smiley

I still believe those coins are a scam, 100% premined. I am also BTC/LTC fan, recently QRK also because it is trying to do something different, but 42 doesn't it brings nothing new and is around $1m a piece, its ridiculous. I would have liked 42 if they tried to bring something new to the table instead of just changing the amount. Although i wish you good luck with your investment.
canth
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:20:02 PM

I still believe those coins are a scam, 100% premined. I am also BTC/LTC fan, recently QRK also because it is trying to do something different, but 42 doesn't it brings nothing new and is around $1m a piece, its ridiculous. Although i wish you good luck with your investment.

If there were 42,000,000,000 coins and they were 0.00000002 each then the market cap would be exactly the same. The value per coin isn't really all that ridiculous, although I will grant that it's a clone.

The thing that's special about it is that it gets us to think about what bitcoin would be like if Satoshis were valuable and hard to mine. What value this brings, well that's for the market to decide.

Btw, dismissing NXT, XRP, MSC due to a pre-mine is a really simplistic way of trying to dismiss an idea - just realize that there are more ways than mining to distribute a coin. The point of altcoins is to try things that bitcoin isn't - let the market decide if they're valuable or not.

Netnox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:33:09 PM

I still believe those coins are a scam, 100% premined. I am also BTC/LTC fan, recently QRK also because it is trying to do something different, but 42 doesn't it brings nothing new and is around $1m a piece, its ridiculous. Although i wish you good luck with your investment.

If there were 42,000,000,000 coins and they were 0.00000002 each then the market cap would be exactly the same. The value per coin isn't really all that ridiculous, although I will grant that it's a clone.

The thing that's special about it is that it gets us to think about what bitcoin would be like if Satoshis were valuable and hard to mine. What value this brings, well that's for the market to decide.

Btw, dismissing NXT, XRP, MSC due to a pre-mine is a really simplistic way of trying to dismiss an idea - just realize that there are more ways than mining to distribute a coin. The point of altcoins is to try things that bitcoin isn't - let the market decide if they're valuable or not.

I don't think it's right to hinder someone else's investment to make money with hating threads. So you're kind of right. If i jumped in 42 early i wouldn't have called it a scam, so i changed the title. I'm not that kind of person to bash other coins. Good luck
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: