Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 11:53:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Move big amounts of money  (Read 1330 times)
Luxembourg_Invest (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:30:18 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 04:30:00 PM by Luxembourg_Invest

Hi, I run a financial company here in Luxembourg and have provided clients with options to diversify there portfolio in Bitcoins.
Most of the time they wanted 1000-5000 BTC, and that wasn't much of a problem.
Bought most of it on Bitstamp.

Now I got a client asking for Netcoins and Litecoins.

My question now is, where should I go and buy the Litecoins and Netcoins?

I know that this will take some time to get the asked Litecoins and Netcoins at the best possible price, probably 1-2 month if not more.
And its very important to choose the right exchange.
Or even spread it all out on a few exchanges.

So what options do I have?

Best Regards

Luxembourg Invest S.a.r.l.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:55:58 PM

Sorry to be cynical, but how do we know this isn't just an attempt to pump the price of said altcoins? Wink
Luxembourg_Invest (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:08:13 PM

Well, I don't think that plays a big role.
I just wanted some advice from this great community.

I have found www.cryptsy.com but the volume is so small... there are almost 200 mil. Netcoins, they cant all be traded there!?

Best Regards

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:18:36 PM

Not sure what you mean by that? Litecoin is famous for pump and dumps ....... 2 million USD is a huge buy order for altcoins and would move  the market price massively .... it would be very big for bitcoins even

If you are real, why would you show your hand here and pre-announce someone wants to pump 2mil USD into litecoin and  netcoin? The only effect can be for the price to go up before your client gets his coins.
Luxembourg_Invest (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:36:57 PM

I think you overestimate this post a bit.
People are not going to buy lots of litecoins now just because of one post in a forum.

I think I'll have to do my own research then. (which I would have done anyways, just hoped for someone pointing me in the right direction.)

Best Regards

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 04:44:43 PM

If you are a financial investor please take note that cryptocurrencies are unlike any other 'real life' market in existence right now, the currencies have an absolute fixed money supply and the prices are not manipulated or fixed by central banks. If you've been in Bitcoin then you should know this already but altcoins are even smaller in market cap and trade volume at the moment so suddenly flooding the market is going to have a huge impact on the price.

You can get altcoins off Crypsty but there are other exchanges too which is something you're just going to have to research Vircurex also have a selection of altcoins out there but Cryptsy have the biggest selection.
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:48:18 PM

cryptsy for netcoin, but buying LTC would be better on btc-e
Luxembourg_Invest (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:50:38 PM

If you are a financial investor please take note that cryptocurrencies are unlike any other 'real life' market in existence right now, the currencies have an absolute fixed money supply and the prices are not manipulated or fixed by central banks. If you've been in Bitcoin then you should know this already but altcoins are even smaller in market cap and trade volume at the moment so suddenly flooding the market is going to have a huge impact on the price.

You can get altcoins off Crypsty but there are other exchanges too which is something you're just going to have to research Vircurex also have a selection of altcoins out there but Cryptsy have the biggest selection.

Thank you! I appreciate your answer!

But I don't think my client is going to reconsider it, he made it very clear to me what he wanted.

Best Regards

Mikcik

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:54:53 PM

This is so poor poor try :-), i always feel so sorry for people trying to pump the price of their currency on some forum... omg... do you really think it will make some difference... really... you dont really have any other means of getting money than trying to pump the price on some forum, really... :-(.
247crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:58:31 PM

My question now is, where should I go and buy ...

Hi!

Check the list of automated exchangers.

janpec1000

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Play2Live presale starts on 25th January

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:30:19 PM

Not sure what you mean by that? Litecoin is famous for pump and dumps ....... 2 million USD is a huge buy order for altcoins and would move  the market price massively .... it would be very big for bitcoins even

If you are real, why would you show your hand here and pre-announce someone wants to pump 2mil USD into litecoin and  netcoin? The only effect can be for the price to go up before your client gets his coins.

This isnt Gold or FX market where players that get inside information on front ahead information have so much capital to move price in buying ahead. Crypto market is so small and avarage investor has too few to invest to make serious impact. Not to mention that why would anyone in earth trust someone on forums that he will really do his buy and also it would require thousands of Litecoins investors to see this forum post to make really any chance of moving price. Its just way over head skeptical.

Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:38:56 PM

Cryptsy sucks, but it has the highest volume as far as altcoin exchanges go.

For Litecoin I would go BTC-e.

jungle_dave

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:52:42 PM

I have to go along with the pack on this, LTC on BTC-e is the best deal as far as exchanges go.
Sometimes private trades can be more advantageous and I know a few larger traders that might be willing to work with you on that.

Feel free to PM me and good luck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: