Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:21:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best android wallets  (Read 423 times)
Devawnm367 (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 144

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:25:59 PM

ok so I downloaded a Samourai wallet, and Now I am wondering I thought I twerked the settings to keep the same btc, wallet, anyways, I recieved my btc payment from my bounty and it forwarded to the new wallet address, If my bounty manager sends to the old address will I still recieve my coins??? I am kinda freaking out right now!!!!

Huh??

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Strufmbae

Activity: 486
Merit: 27

HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 08:22:51 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2018, 10:51:02 AM by Strufmbae

I was able to use electrum app wallet which i downloaded from playstore,  i can say that you can choose among types of address such as segwit, standard,  multi. The problem was the private keys,  make sure that what kind of wallet you use, be sure that all the information that can help you to access your wallet is keep safe.

bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 09:52:35 AM

Now I am wondering I thought I twerked the settings to keep the same btc, wallet, anyways, I recieved my btc payment from my bounty and it forwarded to the new wallet address, If my bounty manager sends to the old address will I still recieve my coins??? I am kinda freaking out right now!!!!

Don't worry.

Most wallets do generate a new address for each receiving transaction. This is done due to privacy reasons.
You were given a seed to backup (12/18/24 words). With this words ALL of your addresses can be regenerated. Imagine it like a function: newAddress = getNewAddress(seed, counter) (in reality its a bit more complicated, but that shortlly represents it).
You will also always be able to receive more funds to this address. And your wallet will generate a new address every time you receive coins to your 'latest' receiving-address.

Devawnm367 (OP)

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:55:52 PM

Now I am wondering I thought I twerked the settings to keep the same btc, wallet, anyways, I recieved my btc payment from my bounty and it forwarded to the new wallet address, If my bounty manager sends to the old address will I still recieve my coins??? I am kinda freaking out right now!!!!

Don't worry.

Most wallets do generate a new address for each receiving transaction. This is done due to privacy reasons.
You were given a seed to backup (12/18/24 words). With this words ALL of your addresses can be regenerated. Imagine it like a function: newAddress = getNewAddress(seed, counter) (in reality its a bit more complicated, but that shortlly represents it).
You will also always be able to receive more funds to this address. And your wallet will generate a new address every time you receive coins to your 'latest' receiving-address.

ok cool so what if it's sent to that address it just forwards to the new address? is there anything specific I should do with the settings?

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
bob123
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 05:52:58 PM
Merited by Devawnm367 (1)

ok cool so what if it's sent to that address it just forwards to the new address? is there anything specific I should do with the settings?

No, they do not get forwarded. Your wallet does hold multiple private keys.
When you are going to spend some BTC, your wallet will make a transaction with all coins you have received, combining multiple inputs (from addresses).

You don't have to change any settings. Look at an address like an invoice number. Give a new address out everytime you want to receive something.
You can always receive to the same address. And if you going to send coins, your transaction will simply say 'take input X and Y and Z ...'.

xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:14:45 PM

No, they do not get forwarded. Your wallet does hold multiple private keys.
When you are going to spend some BTC, your wallet will make a transaction with all coins you have received, combining multiple inputs (from addresses).

You don't have to change any settings. Look at an address like an invoice number. Give a new address out everytime you want to receive something.
You can always receive to the same address. And if you going to send coins, your transaction will simply say 'take input X and Y and Z ...'.

I am not sure about which wallet you are speaking about bro. If you want to use the good android wallet best so far I used Mycellium and Coinbase so good and easy for making transaction. If you mine then coinbase would be a good wallet to withdraw your fund without fees bro.
Then you mentioned about the payment receiving address that is called dynamic address so you will find the new address when you looking for deposit address.
Devawnm367 (OP)

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:58:22 PM

I am using a Samourai wallet. I was just wondering each time I send or recieve my Btc address changes, for privacy reasons, I was just wondering if he sends to an old OUTDATED PREVIOUSE address if it forwarded to the new address or what, or is there somewhere that I can find a main Btc address. I was just afraid if he sent to the same address I would not get it, as after i sent it gave me a new address. I recieve payments of Btc via a bounty. I do not want to cosistently every week have to change my btc address.

So if he sends to the first address I gave him that I have previously recieved coins on I will be ok?

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:35:00 PM
Merited by Devawnm367 (1)

So if he sends to the first address I gave him that I have previously recieved coins on I will be ok?

Yes, of course. Your receiving address changes because it helps you increase your anonymity a bit. Your payment won't be forwarded anywhere, you still own the private key which is needed to spend funds from that address. You can use any of the generated address at any time as long as you have a corresponding private key to spend the inputs later. Bob explained you above everything in detail.
Devawnm367 (OP)

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:08:19 PM

ok yes I read what Bob had said I just wasn't 100% sure or not if we were all on the same page. Ok so I can use Any of the Generated recieving address. Ok thats the words I was looking for myself thank you all so very much, I meritted those that was helpful, Thanks so much!!!

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
bob123
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 06:47:35 AM

If you want to use the good android wallet best so far I used Mycellium and Coinbase so good and easy for making transaction.

Coinbase is not a wallet. It is a company who is running an exchange and offers a service to store your coins.
Effictively this is NOT a wallet, since you don't own your private keys and therefore also don't own any BTC.

If you mine then coinbase would be a good wallet to withdraw your fund without fees bro.

It doesn't matter which wallet you use. Transaction fees can always be chosen.
A real wallet (which lets you hold your private key) is the best one.

Then you mentioned about the payment receiving address that is called dynamic address so you will find the new address when you looking for deposit address.

There are no 'dynamic addresses'. There are HD (hierarchical deterministic) wallets which do derive private-/public- keypairs out of one (initialised) seed.
These wallets do generate a new address for each receiving transaction. But 'dynamic addresses' do not exist.

xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 01:26:00 PM

If you want to use the good android wallet best so far I used Mycellium and Coinbase so good and easy for making transaction.

Coinbase is not a wallet. It is a company who is running an exchange and offers a service to store your coins.
Effictively this is NOT a wallet, since you don't own your private keys and therefore also don't own any BTC.

If you mine then coinbase would be a good wallet to withdraw your fund without fees bro.

It doesn't matter which wallet you use. Transaction fees can always be chosen.
A real wallet (which lets you hold your private key) is the best one.

There are no 'dynamic addresses'. There are HD (hierarchical deterministic) wallets which do derive private-/public- keypairs out of one (initialised) seed.
These wallets do generate a new address for each receiving transaction. But 'dynamic addresses' do not exist.

I mean to say address will be changed dynamically mate. With wallet identifier we can able to find the matched wallet with the help of key pairds mate. I am using both Blockchain and coinbase wallet for long time.
I know this exchange kind of wallet but their main wallet is operating same like the regular wallet only mate.

All wallets does not have option to modify the fees per byte to make the transaction mate.
bob123
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 02:15:30 PM

With wallet identifier we can able to find the matched wallet with the help of key pairds mate.

I guess you are refering to blockchain.info's wallet? Because only web wallets use something they call 'wallet identifier'.
They do not find the 'wallet' with the 'help of keypairs'. A wallet is a piece of software which manages your private-/public- keypairs.  The private keys are inside the wallet (-file).

I know this exchange kind of wallet but their main wallet is operating same like the regular wallet only mate.

Huh
A regular wallet gives (only) you access to the private keys (which are needed to spend the UTXO, effectively your coins).
The 'wallet' coinbases provides as a service is that you can send them your funds, they keep your funds and allow you to withdraw them later.

All wallets does not have option to modify the fees per byte to make the transaction mate.

Every proper wallet does give you the option to set a custom fee.
I am not aware of any desktop- or mobile wallet which does not let you choose a custom fee.
Only shitty web wallets do not provide the option to set a fee which results in either (a) a way too high fee or (b) an non-confirming transactions because of a too-low fee.

BitBite5

Activity: 210
Merit: 40

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:27:18 PM

The best android wallet recommendation also depends on your needs and desires. Do you want some multycurrency wallet or just for bitcoin?
Anyway I can suggest Mycelium, think that is one of the best wallets, user firendly and convenient but also with high security features and you can fully control your private keys and choose the transaction fees.
For altcoins I recommend Etherum free wallet. Easy to use and custommer support is very good and fast.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:47:13 PM

I find mycelium easy to use. I like that it also allows to use my ledger nano S.Becuase of this, I can access my wallets at my convenience at any time.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:33:25 PM

Mycellium, blockchain and xapo wallets are really seems secured to use it mate. If you want to have the wallet with the web and android version means you can go with the blockchain.info wallet as well.

Please review the best upon your choice and then you can use it.
Even Coinbase also seems good one to use it mate.
felixesteban

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:36:54 AM

If you keep it there for a long time, mobile wallet won't be safe. A solution, such as paper wallet or ledger, would be more appropriate. By the way, you have to pay attention to the applications you download on your phone.

▐ █   CoinFast   |   World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
●● ▬▬   Whitepaper   [  Join the Whitelist  ]   Telegram   ▬▬ ●●
Facebook   Instagram   Twitter   ANN Thread   Youtube   Medium
anullcoin

Activity: 43
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:04:51 AM

I love electrum, I run the electrum server on my homepc and I connect to it from my smartphone.
you should not use closedsource wallets, never.
If I can give you another suggestion, you should delete android and install lineageos.
Mhd-Bobbi

Activity: 434
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:06:23 PM

My only access to internet where I live is with my tablet, through my phone carrier, I was currently just wondering is it safe to download wallets via google play, and if so what should I use as one of my wallets is through an app at the moment, any help is appreciated, I hope this is the correct thread?
I use Blockchain for my wallet. I need to have an account on Blckchain so I can check it using my tablet. I downloaded https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=piuk.blockchain.android&hl=in
now i can check it all the time.
Devawnm367 (OP)

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:38:06 PM

I like Electrum to that is what my brother uses on the PC. I don't think they have a working android version yet do they? I have been using samourai and its been working ok. I like it so far. I was reading and seen that bech32 addresses will help with transaction fees as well, So should I be using that? can any wallet send to bech 32?

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: