Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:19:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting free bitcoins is still easy. Faucets are a waste of time.  (Read 1834 times)
EBF (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:09:46 PM

The best way is to use PTC sites and build up your free bitcoins before withdrawing.
Find the best paying ones at http://www.easybitcoinsfree.com

Faucets will still pay out a tiny amount but when you come to try and spend all these tiny amounts in your wallet you will find that the dust collected will likely cost you more in fees to use them.

At least with PTC sites you will not be getting sent worthless amounts every half an hour, you can save them and receive a decent amount perhaps once per week. It is not in your best interest to fill your BTC wallets with dust from faucets, especially with the cost of a bitcoin nowadays.

Faucets had their day when a bitcoin was basically worthless, they are just ad farms now, and if you fill your wallet with micropayments from faucets it will take forever to process any of the funds.
moonbat

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 11:06:28 PM

Sorry for the ? dumb question, but I'm new here  Roll Eyes What exactly is a "faucet"? I'm mining Vertcoin and I keep seeing the official faucet page but have no idea what it means?!?

CrunchHarder Mining Pools https://crunchharder.net
sniksen

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:09:30 PM

The stuff in my signature are faucets Grin
Jacce

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:11:36 PM

There are several faucets where you yourself choose when to cashout though, like Hotswap, MMOclub, DailyFreeBitcoin, FreeBitco.in, all the Microwallet faucets if you register an account at Microwallet and many more.
And some PTC sites, like Bitvisitor, also pays out dust.

Sorry for the ? dumb question, but I'm new here  Roll Eyes What exactly is a "faucet"? I'm mining Vertcoin and I keep seeing the official faucet page but have no idea what it means?!?

It is a website that pays you small amounts of cryptocoins, either to promote a coin or earn money from ad revenue.
coolz

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:16:36 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 08:39:14 AM by coolz

I'm trying out this one now:
Not really sure if this is real, but if it is, it would be great to earn some Bitcoins, right?
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:32:47 PM

I'm trying out this one now:
Not really sure if this is real, but if it is, it would be great to earn some Bitcoins, right?
MyBitcoinJob

No, that is a total complete scam...

You need payment proof for sites, see my signature...  Wink
cryptiKroniKKoin

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:03:31 PM

If you don't understand the movement or not in the u.s. you might look at it that way. The fact there are so many posts about faucets and you are discussing it. Then it has done its job. Counter productive waste of time this post is repeating  btc fees. Negative nancy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: