Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:31:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 2014 – Top 10 predictions  (Read 3294 times)
Chris180Z

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:01:43 AM

"3. There will be less than 5 alt-coins (out of the 50+ in existence) that will survive 2014"

Lol, couldn't be futher than the truth. Yes, many will die out, and many will be born. I think we will see a couple of thousand by the end of the year. Currently we are seeing around 50+ a month and have been for some time...
gortonc

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:05:33 AM

Great list.  I hope you're right.

Another big question--will we see the elimination of the 51% threat? Undecided
I think that will always exist unless they put a 50.99% cap on Bitcoins so you can't ever hit 51%

I don't get the impression that that would solve the problem. As I understand it 51% is simply the threshold for the certainty of a successful attack. At 50.99% you would still succeed a good portion of the time. Angry
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:15:00 AM

Great list.  I hope you're right.

Another big question--will we see the elimination of the 51% threat? Undecided
I think that will always exist unless they put a 50.99% cap on Bitcoins so you can't ever hit 51%

Really!?! Think!

'51%' is really just shorthand for 'more than half'.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:19:05 AM

7. The use of Bitcoin will evolve beyond ‘store of value’ or ‘transactions’

The underlying Bitcoin protocol makes itself applicable beyond the use cases of ‘store of value’ and ‘payments’. ...

What they mean is including data in the blackchain.  Why would this be a good idea? ...

Well, if one wanted to, for instance, record the deed to a piece of property, one could do it in the (a) blockchain. If one wanted to sign the text of their new novel, and record the signature in the blockchain, (thereby proving authorship on a date) they could do so. If, if, if...

If one wanted to perform such functions, would it not make sense to do so within the blockchain (i.e. the Bitcoin blockchain) that stood the best chance of living indefinitely?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 07:58:49 AM

Both miners are scams. This article is shit. Ignorant.
Could you provide some proof?

The proof is in the pudding.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: