Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:54:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox Phishing Scam  (Read 954 times)
Big Time Coin (OP)

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 08:50:42 PM

Not sure where else to post this.  E-mail got through my gmail spam filter, and appeared to be from info@mtgox.com.  Could tell it wasn't legit b/c when clicked on mtgox.com link, got sent instead to: http://www.mtgvx.tk/users/blocked.  But I did think it was real for a minute because I did post some criticism of Tux here earlier in the day.

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 08:56:19 PM

Not sure where else to post this.  E-mail got through my gmail spam filter, and appeared to be from info@mtgox.com.  Could tell it wasn't legit b/c when clicked on mtgox.com link, got sent instead to: http://www.mtgvx.tk/users/blocked.  But I did think it was real for a minute because I did post some criticism of Tux here earlier in the day.

Aye, which is why we never use the links in emails if its account related...

You wanna know whats funny to do to those guys. Grab your favorite brutn' software and the LARGEST dict file you can create and fill that DB of their's to the brim with bogus login details. ;p

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Big Time Coin (OP)

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 06:07:36 AM

You wanna know whats funny to do to those guys. Grab your favorite brutn' software and the LARGEST dict file you can create and fill that DB of their's to the brim with bogus login details. ;p

HAH! Good Idea!  And you could use the official leaked mtgox user list to get the usernames so they think it is for reals.

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
Bitcraft

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 01:30:12 AM

This is the last thing we need for bitcoin is another scam :/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: