Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:32:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Report: bitcoincloudhashing.com  (Read 12203 times)
grimlock (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:02:28 PM

Hi all, I just wanted to let you know of a scam web site that is being advertised on Google (search term "bitcoin cloud mining").  The web site is www.bitcoincloudhashing.com.  I chatted with someone on the site, using their Zopim chat program on the homepage, and they claimed to be Equinix, Inc (www.equinix.com).  So I called Equinix, Inc (located at the same physical address that www.bitcoincloudhashing.com claims to be at on their web site, which is One Lagoon Drive, 4th Floor, Redwood City, CA 94065) at +1-650-598-6000.  I got to talk finally to a sales person, and she then did some leg work to find out that this site has nothing to do with Equinix.  She said the matter had been turned over to legal and that many other people had asked today about this site.

So, please do NOT do business with this company if you value your BTC!  It is a SCAM!
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cloudhasher

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Taking bitcoin mining to everybody

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 09:45:23 PM

All,

We do not know who they are either.  They are not CloudHashing.com or affiliated with us in any way.

-Michael

CH
youngster

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:06:17 AM

many thanks ! it's a very sophisticated scam :

- yesterday they clam to be HIGH BITCOIN LLC and indicate their company number : when you ask to High Bitcoin LLC (https://highbitcoin.com) they tell you that they are not the owner of this site, and that they are going to see to stop this with their legal team

- today, we can see that they change HIGH BITCOIN LLC to HIGH BITCOIN MINING in their company name, but not the registration number...

So be careful they steal the identity of existing company and change their names as soon as they are spotted!
bitzox

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:47:01 PM

They are also offering hash at a price that is far too good to be true, even with difficulty increases their contracts are profitable after less than a month.

Compare that to other cloud mining companies who are offering contracts that will be underwater after the next difficult increase and well, if it seems too good to be true it probably is.

18QpV8ZF3Y4oK8guDQiwTAK73W9r5nvBtm
kmacri

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:30:32 AM

Simple rule of thumb; never trust a site that doesn't have a plethora of good and reliable feedback, guys!!!
Don't be the guinea pigs.
aleyman

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:12:52 PM

They definitely are scammers. I paid 7.39BTC last week (before anyone posted on forums) for 2TH/S for 6 months.

Immediately after paying, I got an email from a Walter Strickland saying that as soon as the transfer had been confirmed , he will send my login details.

A week later, I still have not received my login details.They have not responded to any emails I have sent and their website keeps changing. Any phone number they have given reaches a dead end.

Yesterday I emailed them from a friends email address as a prospective customer and low and behold, I got an answer within an hour. I asked them about my order in a follow up email and still no reply.

When you email them, the message goes to an Esteban Amador Soto Martinez who then forwards it to Walter Strickland who then responds.

Do not pay them a penny? They are a bunch of crooks. If anyone finds out anything new about them, I will really appreciate it as I do not know how I'm going to go about getting my money.

I just don't understand how they're still online and able to take orders.
aleyman

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:37:45 PM

Thanks! I did that earlier.

I have also reported it to police in the UK which is where I am from. I think I can also report to the FBI which I am looking in to at the moment.
WimP

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:18:00 AM

Paid them some Bitcoins for 1TH hosting over 48hours ago. Order is on complete but still no login info, so yes prob scammers big time!! Beware of bitcoincloudhashing.com

Lamalicious

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:26:17 AM

Paid them some Bitcoins for 1TH hosting over 48hours ago. Order is on complete but still no login info, so yes prob scammers big time!! Beware of bitcoincloudhashing.com

Same, but paid for .5 th/s. Be careful!

aleyman

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:57:56 PM

I contacted Highbitcoin LLC last week. That is when bitcoincloudhashing changed their details on their website to to High Bitcoin mining.

Highbitcoin LLC have now posted this on their website:

https://highbitcoin.com/beware-of-the-fraudulent-websites/
WimP

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:51:30 AM

There website is down. I can still acces my account on https://www.bitcoincloudhashing.com/my-account/ but the rest of the site seems to be down.

So guess all hope is lost now  Embarrassed
Colorado

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:43:46 PM

I too was scammed for a 1 T/hs contract... Arrgg.

I had a phone conversation with the group for over 30 mins, they won my trust. Amazing that Google is still running adds for this group; profiting with their adverts off this too.

I talked with the local police; they made a visit to the physical address. Which exists; and I guess they have a lease for another couple months. So hopefully, the police or FBI will do their work and find the parties involved.

-Colorado.
Danglebee

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:56:10 PM

i no understand.
why you give more $10,000 to any website on internet ?? minimum use paypal or visa card. if they no accept you no it scam. every company even where i live take visa!

gmorin

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:38:20 AM

Geez, where was this thread last Thursday - I googled "scam" and "bitcoincloudhashing" and got nothing... and so like an idiot I too fell prey to these scammers... they got me for 8 BTC. Very sophisticated scam, I mean you get an order approved email letter and a site that tracks your order, sure looked legit. Hopefully the other fellow in this thread that called the cops will get some feedback from them and perhaps arrest him and from the website records get a list of everyone they scammed with their addresses and send their BTC back (hey, I can dream can't I?)
Laplandia

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:47:46 AM

Has anyone tried to use this: https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx ?
If not, please do. I was scammed as well, and I will try to report him using this form, but it would be better if I wasn't the only one.
Colorado

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:31:48 PM

Already did!
aleyman

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:39:32 PM

I have just done this as well!
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:13:53 PM

The site is online and still seems to be functional... Huh
folsolutions

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:54:51 PM

Got scammed as well for 6.05 btc. I am glad I did not sent more. Thanks guys for the warning. I have submitted form to FBI https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Please keep posts on any updates.

What is the best and legit cloud hashing anyone can suggest?
NME

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:17:41 AM

I came very close to falling for this scam.  Thanks to everybody on this forum who reported about this.

Let's shut these guys down.

This is the best link to report them to google that I found.  They are at the top of the ranks if you search "bitcoin cloud hashing".

https://support.google.com/adsense/contact/violation_report

The best REAL cloud hashing site I have found so far is www.cex.io

-NME
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: