Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:13:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Bitcoin Pizza Day everybody!  (Read 229 times)
vlad230 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:14:42 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

Happy BTC Pizza day, everybody! Smiley

I'm not sure if some of you are aware about the famous sale of 10,000 BTC for two Papa John's pizzas that went down in our very own BCT forum, right here in the market place: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137.0

The 10,000 BTC were worth $41 at the time, contrary to popular belief that says it was $0.008 per BTC.

Moreover, laszlo, the person who bought the pizza is still active here (well... kind of anyway, he was last active in Nov 2017). Couldn't find the lucky guy who paid for the pizza though, user jercos isn't present on this forum (maybe it's just a nickname).

So, would any of you like to see how does $82.5 million pizzas look like?  Grin
I did some digging and found the correct & original URL to the photos: http://eclipse.heliacal.net/~solar/bitcoin/pizza/

To address the elephant in the room, in Dec 2017, the pizzas were worth: $200 million Cheesy
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vlad230 (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:41:45 AM

theyoungmillionaire found the original BTC transaction and PM'ed me to add it to this post, so here it is: https://blockchain.info/tx/a1075db55d416d3ca199f55b6084e2115b9345e16c5cf302fc80e9d5fbf5d48d

Looking through it, the first thing I noticed is the fee: 0.99 BTC It's a funny thing most of us wouldn't afford to pay the fee for such a transaction nowadays.  Roll Eyes

mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:23:24 PM

Coming from here...

You posted it in front of the wrong audience mate. The audience of this board do not care about it. They care only spamming for signature and activities.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
rollingstorm45

Activity: 448
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:32:49 PM

theyoungmillionaire found the original BTC transaction and PM'ed me to add it to this post, so here it is: https://blockchain.info/tx/a1075db55d416d3ca199f55b6084e2115b9345e16c5cf302fc80e9d5fbf5d48d

Looking through it, the first thing I noticed is the fee: 0.99 BTC It's a funny thing most of us wouldn't afford to pay the fee for such a transaction nowadays.  Roll Eyes

to send one billion, you have to pay ten thousand
seems very happy to be a BTC miner
one transaction = 1 BTC

deeofficialx

Activity: 462
Merit: 113

Need me? PM me!

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:30:10 AM

I wonder how would I feel if I am on his shoes, and realized that my two pizzas worth a million dollars now. Haha. I hope I won't commit suicide.
bitbargains

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 02:40:43 AM

Poor guy... Thought he was just paying $40, but was actually paying with his soul instead.
thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:48:55 AM

I wonder how would I feel if I am on his shoes, and realized that my two pizzas worth a million dollars now. Haha. I hope I won't commit suicide.
$82 million to be exact... I never knew it was Papa John's... that's a lot of money for cardboard crust.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
zander09

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:09:03 AM

$82 million to be exact... I never knew it was Papa John's... that's a lot of money for cardboard crust.

I can't believe, it's really huge amount for pizzas, it's really shocked lol. I'm sure if I'm that person, i totally regrets about what happened or going to be depressed  Cheesy
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:14:59 AM

If I am the one who bought that pizza, I would be really happy today since because of that transaction, Bitcoin became advertised in the way of buying Pizza. The price might not be affected that much by that transaction, it just shows how people use Bitcoin. If I will be wondering, that will be the people who recieved that 10,000 Bitcoins, did he sold it immediately? Or did he saved it and sold it last December?
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 04:17:02 AM

Happy belated BTC pizza day!

It's quite the unique story, and the fact that the transaction was initiated on this forum and can be revisited makes the story legendary.

To address the elephant in the room, in Dec 2017, the pizzas were worth: $200 million Cheesy

Why do you think there is an elephant in the room? No one hides from the fact that Bitcoin hit a peak in December...it's not some "unspoken thing".

Nah, man, he paid for the dipping sauce! Hahaha.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:27:43 AM

Poor guy... Thought he was just paying $40, but was actually paying with his soul instead.

Well, we cannot say this thing because we not sure about our future. Its possible that bitcoin will become worthless in the future, no one knows. So basically, he enjoyed eating his pizza using bitcoin that time. Lucky to those people who still hold their bitcoin up to now.
vlad230 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:45:27 AM

Coming from here...

You posted it in front of the wrong audience mate. The audience of this board do not care about it. They care only spamming for signature and activities.
This is the appropriate forum for this but it's true, posts here are instantly buried by spam...  Sad

Why do you think there is an elephant in the room? No one hides from the fact that Bitcoin hit a peak in December...it's not some "unspoken thing".
I said that because everyone is thinking of it and it had to be cleared in the OP Smiley

Yeah, you're right, I'm not sure how I would have handled it in his place. Definitely would have been my biggest loss ever.
Laszlo seems to be ok with it though.  Cheesy
triplef

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:44:18 PM

From the other hand, probably, they are the only people who could afford to eat pizza that much expensive. Kind of a thing you can be proud of;)

LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 03:54:13 PM

At that time, bitcoin is less than a penny and nobody knows at that time that it will reach a high amount now. Do somebody knows that bitcoin will reach almost 20k$ in 2017? None right that is why Laszlo used bitcoins in ordering for pizza. Yeah I think it is a great loss for him until now but because of what he did, he created history in the world of bitcoin. Smiley That is greater achievement than buying a pizza that is worth around 75 Mil Dollars.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
aksay79

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:06:27 PM

the news has long been obsolete and is now being re-revealed, it is a silly act of someone who bought the pizza, he did not think that bitcoin prices will rise sharply, it's regret that got the highest record in the history of bitcoin transactions

TELLURIA
                       █
                     █████
                   ████████
                  ███████  ██
               ███  ██  ██████ 
             ███████  ██████  ██
           ███████  ██  ██  ██████ 
         ███████  ██████  █████████
       ███████████  ██████  ██████  █
     ███████  ██████  ██████  ██  █████
    ██████  ██  ██████  ██████  █████████ 
      ██  ██████  ██████  █████████████
          ████████  ██████  █████████ 
            ████████  ██  ██  █████
              ████████  ██████  █
                ███████████████
                  ███████████
                    ███████
                     ████
EXCHANGE
|| ANN Telegram Group
WP Telegram Channel
Facebook Twitter Reddit      
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:11:37 PM

He must be the most lucky person in the world and he is lucky because he still hold it until such time that it grows, who would have thought that bitcoin could be a thousand dollar worth right? for sure, he does not expect it and now enjoying the fruit of everything.
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:46:19 PM

Happy BTC Pizza day, everybody! Smiley

I'm not sure if some of you are aware about the famous sale of 10,000 BTC for two Papa John's pizzas that went down in our very own BCT forum, right here in the market place: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137.0

The 10,000 BTC were worth $41 at the time, contrary to popular belief that says it was $0.008 per BTC.

Moreover, laszlo, the person who bought the pizza is still active here (well... kind of anyway, he was last active in Nov 2017). Couldn't find the lucky guy who paid for the pizza though, user jercos isn't present on this forum (maybe it's just a nickname).

So, would any of you like to see how does $82.5 million pizzas look like?  Grin
I did some digging and found the correct & original URL to the photos: http://eclipse.heliacal.net/~solar/bitcoin/pizza/

I was one of the skeptics about bitcoin when this happened. If only I invested even just $50 way back when btc is still worthless. Sometimes being skeptic about some things that you don't know will make you regret in the future. I never understood the technology so I didn't grab the opportunity. But its never too late though. 1 btc will still reach $1m few decades from now. Grin.. So let's start buying BTCs while the market is on sale and hodl until retirement.
vlad230 (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:18:07 PM

At that time, bitcoin is less than a penny and nobody knows at that time that it will reach a high amount now. Do somebody knows that bitcoin will reach almost 20k$ in 2017? None right that is why Laszlo used bitcoins in ordering for pizza. Yeah I think it is a great loss for him until now but because of what he did, he created history in the world of bitcoin. Smiley That is greater achievement than buying a pizza that is worth around 75 Mil Dollars.
Yes, I agree no one would have hoped bitcoin would get to $20k at the time but how would you feel now, knowing that it got to 20k and you spent it all on two pizzas? Smiley

He must be the most lucky person in the world and he is lucky because he still hold it until such time that it grows, who would have thought that bitcoin could be a thousand dollar worth right? for sure, he does not expect it and now enjoying the fruit of everything.
I'm not sure if I understood correctly what you're saying but if you're refering to the guy that got the bitcoins, he sold them when they were worth $400 in total. So, still way too expensive.

I think this experience should be a good lesson learned example to all of us. Never sell all your assets and do still keep some. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: