Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:31:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie to bit coins and mining  (Read 530 times)
Dawud Beale (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:00:41 AM

Hi everyone, not really looked at bit coins before as I assumed you simply bought and sold them. When I heard about mining it sparked my interest so have made a wallet, and am looking at some mining hardware. Any newbie advice will be appreciated
silent

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:01:50 AM

mining is completly new for me but interesting
VirusCoins

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:38:20 AM

Your best bet is to mine one of the alt coins like litecoin and trade them on the exchanges for bitcoin.  For instance mining litecoin will net you 20 times more bitcoin once you exchange them rather than mining bitcoin would have.  If you plan on mining on your PC you will want to have an AMD video card HD 7950/r9 270x or higher to make it worth your while.
SpiryGolden

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:44:39 AM

It's starting to get crowded in mining so yeah for now with an R9 270 you can invest low and get back your money a bit faster .
mr.maxout

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Always to the fullest always to the max!

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:47:53 AM

I am mad at myself for not jumping into bitcoin mining 2 years ago when it was under a dollar.   I really thought it was one of those get rich quick schemes scams.  But i thought about doing it.  I even had a video card back then.  It was a amd radeon hd6870 which shouldve gotten me an ok hash rate for those days .    I couldve had enough for a downpayment on a house and maybe even a brand new car.    But who knew?Huh  I bet there is thosands of people like me who are kicking themselves for not doing it ......

Any way those are my 2 cents , since i cant post anywhere else.... so annoying.

THE ONLY COIN OF 2014 THAT MATTERS!
USDE:  GQBzoDBEz2N2LGCAqFSLBFXzykDdFSRNkW
Bitcoin:  1XfF67xUTaRuLJ2ADYJ6cne2H5o23Vhqi
Bid4Bitcoin.com

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:08:39 AM

welcome to the forum:)
lunoxod

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:03:49 AM

I bet there is thosands of people like me who are kicking themselves for not doing it ......

There are also thousands of people who had tons of BTC and then sold it all off when it went to $30. They are certainly kicking themselves now.

Point is, it's easy to be a genius in hindsight. I also was very well aware of BTC and mining when it all began, 3-4 years ago, and did absolutely nothing about it. Oh well Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: