Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 09:28:07 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Overclock Question  (Read 503 times)
DC4Life (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:07:16 AM

I am brand new to mining and see a lot about overclocking. I am using AntMiner U1 on Bitminter.

How do you overclock your AntMiner? Do I need to change my mining program?

Thanks!
Gingermod

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:32:26 AM

Your GPU should come with OC capable software, just right click your desktop.
Ragnorak

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:18:58 AM

Depending on what card you have or if you have a aftermarket one at all,  you should have software to OC your GPU. If you have a ATI card you should be able to right click your mouse and see the catalyst software to do it that way. Same way if you have a Nvidia card but theirs is not called catalyst. You can always do it in the BIOS too, when you boot your PC it will list the functions of how to go into BIOS. For example I have a Gigabyte mobo and I hit Del on keyboard to go into BIOS. I OC all my hardware in BIOS, sometimes software is not that accurate. So I use just use the BIOS, no need to install software to OC!
poolers

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:48:46 AM

Make sure to keep a close eye on your miner after setting your OC.  You are likely to experience a driver or system crash a couple times while you get the right clocks and voltage settings figured out.  You don't want to come back the next day to realize your miner has been idle all day.  Good luck!
DC4Life (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:04:10 PM

Thank you for the replies. I am not using a GPU. I am using an AntMiner ASIC USB attached to a USB hub attached to my laptop. Do I still have to tweak the GPU for that?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: