Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 12:18:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk Smart Contract - Time for the call  (Read 130 times)
fabuloveu (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:13:39 PM

Hello Admins

I think  it is right time for all the bitcointalk admins come together to build a smart contract between the platform and users. This is necessary for bounty campaign, it will help to protect the interest of bounty hunters and ICO company.  Can you imagine working for ICO company for 15 or 20 weeks and because the ico is not successful, they will not pay you. I have heard ICO said " Because we didn't raise enough money so we cannot give you what we promise".  I want this forum dev to come together and see what they can do about. And if it is not possible, i will like the Admin to response back and educate me. maybe am missing something. Thanks

rahutomo

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:42:13 AM

I also feel the same way if I look at my past in social media campaigns.
Every day have to turn on the PC and do, really boring ..
dreams sometimes disappear with unreasonable answers.
there should be more funds owned by the managers, to pay the bounty hunters of failed projects.
azvn

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:01:21 AM

Hello Admins

I think  it is right time for all the bitcointalk admins come together to build a smart contract between the platform and users. This is necessary for bounty campaign, it will help to protect the interest of bounty hunters and ICO company.  Can you imagine working for ICO company for 15 or 20 weeks and because the ico is not successful, they will not pay you. I have heard ICO said " Because we didn't raise enough money so we cannot give you what we promise".  I want this forum dev to come together and see what they can do about. And if it is not possible, i will like the Admin to response back and educate me. maybe am missing something. Thanks

If ICO failed, why would you take this tokens ? it not worth even 1 cents.
But its good idea for bounty hunter within successful ICO, they will receive all tokens for what they done instantly after end of ICO. However, in order to check all task from bounty campaign, it need time and bounty manager. There are many issue from bounty campaign such as missing stakes/tokens, counting wrong stakes/tokens, checking multiple account,...so i think its not easy to make smart contract for bounty campaign.

P/S; You should post it in Meta here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=24.0 to suggest.
Anyway, its nice idea and I hope it will be consider
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:11:59 AM

This is a forum where we share our knowledge and ideas about cryptocurrency. Your proposal is against the reason why bitcointalk.org was created. If that happen, it will be against Satoshi's will. Besides, your recommendation will be too much complicated where the admins might take the blame when that ICO failed and did not pay the hunters. It will also destroy the forum's credibility.
Gelesko

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:18:35 AM

This is a good idea and point stated. It is good to receive at least some reward for your hard work, but on other hand it is impossible to bring in this idea. ICO are not regulated by anyone and no one knows whether the ICO succeeds or not. We have in real life examples, of how company gets bankrupted, people who work or investors suffer and lose their money, this is just we can't change and got to accept of not getting paid, so choose as a bounty hunter your work wisely and good luck!

johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:53:34 PM

This will never happen. You can create a more advanced post in the Meta section.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=24.0
But no one will support this idea. I saw similar thoughts in local branches. People are not ready to pay for insurance. People only want to receive and don't give anything away, it's in the first place. Secondly, participation in the bounty is as risky as participating in ICO. You do it as you wish. You risk and don't always get a win. Such laws are in the world of cryptocurrency.

fabuloveu (OP)

Activity: 462

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:34:01 AM

Hello Admins

I think  it is right time for all the bitcointalk admins come together to build a smart contract between the platform and users. This is necessary for bounty campaign, it will help to protect the interest of bounty hunters and ICO company.  Can you imagine working for ICO company for 15 or 20 weeks and because the ico is not successful, they will not pay you. I have heard ICO said " Because we didn't raise enough money so we cannot give you what we promise".  I want this forum dev to come together and see what they can do about. And if it is not possible, i will like the Admin to response back and educate me. maybe am missing something. Thanks

If ICO failed, why would you take this tokens ? it not worth even 1 cents.
But its good idea for bounty hunter within successful ICO, they will receive all tokens for what they done instantly after end of ICO. However, in order to check all task from bounty campaign, it need time and bounty manager. There are many issue from bounty campaign such as missing stakes/tokens, counting wrong stakes/tokens, checking multiple account,...so i think its not easy to make smart contract for bounty campaign.

P/S; You should post it in Meta here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=24.0 to suggest.
Anyway, its nice idea and I hope it will be consider

ICO failed, that is understandable but we have see successful ico change the terms of the campaign during distributions. Ask some of the Arcblock bounty participant if they are happy with what they get after the ico.  And thank you for the Meta thread. i will post it there. probably reconstruct my idea.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: