Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:25:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: probably just stupid  (Read 601 times)
crackaholic (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:47:31 AM

im runnin windows 7 on a laptop & my pc.  cgminer 3.9.  zadig.  blah, blah, blah.......2- 10port hubs with 7 BEs each runnin on the laptop.  when i plug in another cgminer shuts down.  what am i doin wrong?  missing?  total of 20 BEs, 2 red furys in hand, 2 more in shipping, & 2 antminer u1s in shipping as well.  was hoping to have the laptop run at least the BEs, maybe couple furys too.  and have my pc runnin the other 2 furys & antminers.

so yea, the laptops runnin 14 total now, & my pc got 6 + 2 furys.  keep reading bout people running 20+ on 1 host machine.

do i gotta downgrade back to when i was runnin 3.1 and reset my BEs to "coms"

PITBULL RESCUE DONATIONS - 1PitBULL3wtbKCtSN23HNi5JjvDRiWfakj
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hivewallet_clone

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:26:40 AM

im runnin windows 7 on a laptop & my pc.  cgminer 3.9.  zadig.  blah, blah, blah.......2- 10port hubs with 7 BEs each runnin on the laptop.  when i plug in another cgminer shuts down.  what am i doin wrong?  missing?  total of 20 BEs, 2 red furys in hand, 2 more in shipping, & 2 antminer u1s in shipping as well.  was hoping to have the laptop run at least the BEs, maybe couple furys too.  and have my pc runnin the other 2 furys & antminers.

so yea, the laptops runnin 14 total now, & my pc got 6 + 2 furys.  keep reading bout people running 20+ on 1 host machine.

do i gotta downgrade back to when i was runnin 3.1 and reset my BEs to "coms"

what USB hub are you using? Is it powered?
crackaholic (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:31:10 PM

thank yo for the reply.......

yes.......2- 10port rosewill 2.0 hubs(each in own usb port, not daisy chained),  on the laptop that cgminer shut down on. havent tried daisy chained or in my pc.  just runnun 6 BEs & 2 furys there.  i also got a kinda cheapy($8 & $15 from newegg) powered 7port & 10port 2.0 hubs & a dynex 4port 2.0.  but i want at least the BEs on the laptop.  

cgminer 3.9 auto finds the BEs when plugged in & kills itself.............is there a way to run multiple instances of it like i was with 3.1 & set which units it uses?  or just go back to 3.1, re-driver my BEs to "coms" so i can open like 2-3 windows of it runnin on different workers.  & maybe use 3.9 for the furys, or would i need another "host" for the furys as well?

i just keep seein 20port & 49port hubs & they filled up........

techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:36:54 PM

I think you need to buy a better usb hub that is powered.

Heres a similar topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114927.0

crackaholic (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:53:56 PM

I think you need to buy a better usb hub that is powered.

Heres a similar topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114927.0

like this 1 suggested......http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182208

thats what i got on the laptop having the issue.  2 of them.  ocd a bit, want them filled equally.  10 on 1 & 4 in the other works too, but when i add another still shuts it down.

the cheapo 7 & 10port hube on my pc were my first 1's, but the 10port would only do 7 max.  cgminer didnt shut down, just the BE i plugged in didnt do anything but light up.  & the 7port was just for holding couple fans.  and got the 2 furys on the 4port dynex.  im hoping when i upgrade that my hashrate on the furys will be over 2.5 instead of the 2.2-2.5 range im getting now.  and the 14 on the 2 rosewill hubs are gettin less HW errors, bout 1% on those.  my pc with the other hubs gets more like 4-5%

crackaholic (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:11:05 PM

.............and wouldnt underpowered hub just make too many BEs not work.  not kill cgminer.  am i right?  or wrong? 

like i said before, 10 in 1 hub works.  4 in the other is fine.  when i add another, ie 15 BEs, cgminer encounters error & closes.  daisy chaining the hubs off 1 usb port from the laptop didnt change anything

........how do people run those 20 & 49port usb blocks loaded up? 

would a raspberry pi work? 

is it my laptop?  wouldnt surprise me, its old & rigged up.  dead monitor, runnin through a sabrent kvm switch.  wont be offended if anyone thinks its that

i havent tried migrating the 10port hubs to my pc & switching around whats goin on.......maybe project for tomorrow

crackaholic (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:50:37 AM

for others having this issue........

" --usb :x "  x=how many usb devices to use.

theres other options, but havent figured out how to specify exactly which units to specify. 

so each instance of cgminer will only handle up to 14 devices, so setup wasnt bad.  just had to unplug each hub & plug in before i opened each cgminer. 

now i got 3 rosewill 10port hubs......2 with 9 block erupters(3gh) each. daisy chained off dynex 4port hub.  & another rosewill with 4 red furys.

probably seperate them up different when the antminer u1's arrive........or maybe just use another hub & have the extra to distribute among another pool for alts.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: