Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:46:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: REQUEST: Requirements for new ALT Coins.  (Read 2602 times)
Warning__3

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:53:55 PM

But who would be going through all the new coins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:57:05 PM

But who would be going through all the new coins?

I think we need 100 people asking the same questions every new currency is released
jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:13:38 PM

For IPOs - requirement for source or working client demo. Screenshots are doctored far too easily. Most coins though don't even go that far.

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:33:12 PM

I guess we shouldn't bee too strict (free market, etc ...), but it would be nice to have some minimal requirements for common PoW coins:

1. Having the source code, ideally on a git repo.
2. Having some stable initial node (specified in the code), so no gimmicks with .conf files are necessary to start the coin.
3. Having key parameters (block reward, retarget, type of PoW algo, possibly size of premine.... ) specified in the announcment.

And ideally have at least some of the following;
* a pool
* windows wallet
* some service(s) - faucet, block explorer, shop, gaming site, whatever ...

For at least somewhat new/innovative coins (that brings at least one new algorithm somewhere inside) perhaps require only first point (having source).

+1
4. premined less than 0.3%
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:08:10 AM

I guess we shouldn't bee too strict (free market, etc ...), but it would be nice to have some minimal requirements for common PoW coins:

2. Having some stable initial node (specified in the code), so no gimmicks with .conf files are necessary to start the coin.
3. Having key parameters (block reward, retarget, type of PoW algo, possibly size of premine.... ) specified in the announcment.

* a pool
* windows wallet

For at least somewhat new/innovative coins (that brings at least one new algorithm somewhere inside) perhaps require only first point (having source).

+1
4. premined less than 0.1%
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 03:46:20 AM

I don't think it would be fair to impose this on altcoins. It's a free market, after all.

However, I wouldn't be against a new subforum being made for coins that cut it above the rest. Weekly votes could determine which coins make it in or out. So the main announcements subforum could be a sort of free for all, but only the best coins would make it into the new subforum.

Voting wouldn't work, they'd just buy their way in, like they do now with the exchanges.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
NodeSeperator

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:15:33 AM

I believe everyone should be release hit own coin (shit or not). Nobody forces you too use doge or any other coin, so just don't use it. A overview would be nice, but it is sad to see that some coins don't even try ... just slap some lame logo on it, forget to change the about screen, compile and go! So.. Lame; But people don't seem to care and continue to mine anyway.

Get some standards for .... sake.

BTC: 12aXywzKHYxjJz2otZqfuYZVR4HfzZ3Hiz | LTC: LUKKyXML63AqyZPYjHxYAYFRSuqnB8D46o | NOBLE: 9eBcr5KDVhPLHtEitKxSxTmtLRGFsGoVEN | Digibyte: DBAp4ekcg43Hu6Pyn1AxDvxLETxhtf8u6s
NodeSeperator

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:18:27 AM

+1

My coin wil be 10 million billion.. Don't worry premine is 0.1% Wink

BTC: 12aXywzKHYxjJz2otZqfuYZVR4HfzZ3Hiz | LTC: LUKKyXML63AqyZPYjHxYAYFRSuqnB8D46o | NOBLE: 9eBcr5KDVhPLHtEitKxSxTmtLRGFsGoVEN | Digibyte: DBAp4ekcg43Hu6Pyn1AxDvxLETxhtf8u6s
RealDon

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:23:54 AM

I think it's a good idea, but at the same time, it goes against the nature of the forum and decentralized currencies.
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:54:55 PM

* a pool
* windows wallet

+1
premine + genesis less than 0.1%
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:34:32 PM

This idea goes against what cryptos are all about, let the market sort it out, and it is

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
singula

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:29:22 PM

premine + genesis less than 0.1%

If the coin supply is infinite (for example if the block rewards are not decreasing), then any amount of premined coins can be seen as "less than 0.1%" (10 trillion coins is nothing compared to the truly infinite supply of my HugePremineCoin!).

Imposing any hard rules will just lead some people only to doctor the numbers so they'll past the criteria, but still do what they wanted originally (like having more coins in their premine pile that one year worth of total coin mining output combined)

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
DaMoonIsDaFuture

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:55:05 PM

If there where requirements, DOGE would never have happened, and that was fun.

If there where requirements, some gay fish rapper would not have had nightmares and sleepless nights because of a... Coin. And that is priceless.

The coins will regulate themselfs.

Invoker

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:55:15 PM

1. NOT premined!!!
2. POS coin with 2% inflation per year (max) It could be higher first year, months
3. POW at the beginning for 3 months at least, but not very long, othervise people get bored
4. New algo (ASIC proof) suitable for summer (keccak...)
Well that should be all
And honest developers Smiley
Invoker

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:56:37 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 04:16:41 PM by Invoker

5. let me know about your release after  Wink

I hope it will be soon, can't wait for that moment.
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:01:46 PM

Not a good idea

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: