Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:19:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1.2 BTC Tournament | Play for free! | 6 Winners | MooCoin RC1  (Read 2920 times)
moocoin (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 07:31:29 AM

Welcome to the MooCoin Beta Tournament!
MooCoin is a new kind of Bitcoin game platform.  We give you Bitcoin for free, you play against others head-to-head, and the winner takes all!  

Some features:
  - Faucet that gives you Bitcoins to play for free
  - Two games to play, and more on the way
  - Referral network that pays you 10% of all fees from the people you refer
  - Open platform for developers.  Create new MooCoin games and collect a share of the revenue when people play
  - Leaderboards and tournaments
  - Mobile device support so you can play on the go

From now until January 23, we will be holding the MooCoin Beta Tournament.  Here are the rules:
  - MooCoin is running on the TestNet.  The faucet gives out TestNet coins, and you're welcome to deposit TestNet coins to your account to play bigger games.
  - At 11:59pm GMT on January 23, 2014 we will split 1.2 BTC into six pieces and give 0.2 BTC to each of the six leaders shown on the leaderboards.  
  - The six leaderboards are:  Most BTC won, most earned from referrals, best win ratio, best winning streak, worst losing streak, and most games played.
  - After the tournament, we will donate all TestNet coins back to various faucets.  MooCoin will then be switched over to the MainNet and the site will be officially open!

How do I play?
Just go to https://www.moocoin.com to get started!

We would also love to get feedback from you.  You can click the feedback button at the bottom right side of the page, or you can email us at admin@moocoin.com

Have fun!  
The MooCoin Team
admin@moocoin.com

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 03:25:11 PM

Hi!

Quick update on the leaderboards and the 1.2 BTC prize:
- PUB05fad62f6a17 is on track to win 0.6 BTC for leading the "High Roller", "King Midas", and "Someone has to Win" categories.
- PUB44b7ad187c46 is leading the "Grind it out" category and will win 0.2 BTC unless someone stops him.
- PUB33ea5ec6f8e6 "Cant' catch a break" and will win 0.2 BTC unless someone else proves as unlucky.

The big opportuninty, though, is the "Get rich while you sleep" category.  Currently getting just one referral would put you at the top of that leaderboard for 0.2 BTC.

Thanks!
MooCoin
admin@moocoin.com

Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:21:12 PM

I like your site.  ONe thing is I don't think there needs to be so much time for each player to make a move.  Second, if I create a game, sometimes I have another window open while I'm waiting for someone to play and the game starts when I'm not looking, and I lose.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 06:25:26 PM

I like your site.  ONe thing is I don't think there needs to be so much time for each player to make a move.  Second, if I create a game, sometimes I have another window open while I'm waiting for someone to play and the game starts when I'm not looking, and I lose.

If you have your volume up, the site will "moo" at you when your game starts  Smiley

moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 07:26:12 PM

I like the site a lot! Hope it gets more active soon!

Thanks!  Traffic is going to make or break the site.  Signatures like your help, so thank you!
I'm trying to avoid making one-player games, but if traffic doesn't catch up, we may need to do that so people always have something to play...

quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 10:03:25 PM

how do we get referrals? I assume there's a link I can send to friends or something...

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 10:52:04 PM

how do we get referrals? I assume there's a link I can send to friends or something...

Yep!  There's a referral link at the bottom of the site that gives you instructions.

Thanks!
MooCoin

JaceMan

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:00:33 AM

Ditto.  It's a good question considering an account (url) was created for us as soon as we arrived on the page, and there are no links or mentions of affiliate or referrals that I can see.

-edit - now i see it.  Just a suggestion, you may want to reconsider that white text on mostly white footer idea.
bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:39:00 AM

Nice site!  I look forward to playing and losing lots of games. Smiley

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 03:40:40 AM

Ditto.  It's a good question considering an account (url) was created for us as soon as we arrived on the page, and there are no links or mentions of affiliate or referrals that I can see.

-edit - now i see it.  Just a suggestion, you may want to reconsider that white text on mostly white footer idea.

Good call.
There are actually 3 themes on the site, depending what time it is in your local area.  You may have seen it change if you were on the site at 5:00pm, 7:00pm, or 7:00am.  The "sunset" theme at 5pm was hard to read.
Now it's fixed  Smiley
We also added a "How do I refer people?" link next to the referral leaderboard.

Thanks for the suggestions!
MooCoin

moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 03:41:37 AM

Hi Everyone,

Do you think this is a cool concept, but wish there were more people on the site?  Help us out by upvoting our reddit link, or creating your own.
Also, remember you have a referral code that you can see by scrolling to the bottom of the MooCoin site!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1v73av/new_bitcoin_gaming_platform_create_your_own_games/

Thanks!
MooCoin

Killua

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:27:16 AM

Liking your idea and having fun with it but wish there was more than 2 games and more than just 1 on 1 play.
moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 04:37:47 AM

Liking your idea and having fun with it but wish there was more than 2 games and more than just 1 on 1 play.

Thanks!  One of the cool things about MooCoin is that it's an open gaming platform.  We have an API that lets other developers create games to be hosted within our website.  In fact, the two games we already have are built on our own APIs.  We're hoping that we can get some players on board, which will then lead to talented developers creating more games for the site.  We're also working on our third game for the site, internally.

Regarding one player games, we're starting to consider that, as well.  Especially when there isn't high traffic, being able to come anytime and play against the computer.  We're already brainstorming some fun games in case we move this direction.

Thanks!
MooCoin

Killua

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:16:13 AM

You're welcome. Yeah I'm a computer guy and currently studying to get some certs but I'm studying more for inter security and networking instead of coding and developing, otherwise I'd be very much into coding a game for you guys especially since your post says that the developer would get a little upfront fee and a small amount of profits that, that, game brings to the site. Anyone who knows about money there is no greater kind than that which is continual income. Speaking of income I've been looking and even though I've been in the forums for a day checking here and there I have noticed that plenty of companies mainly gambling companies are paying fees to have people "pimp" out their sigs for them either straight monthly fee or by number of posts a month; is this something you guys are currently doing or plan on doing eventually?
moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 05:36:04 AM

You're welcome. Yeah I'm a computer guy and currently studying to get some certs but I'm studying more for inter security and networking instead of coding and developing, otherwise I'd be very much into coding a game for you guys especially since your post says that the developer would get a little upfront fee and a small amount of profits that, that, game brings to the site. Anyone who knows about money there is no greater kind than that which is continual income. Speaking of income I've been looking and even though I've been in the forums for a day checking here and there I have noticed that plenty of companies mainly gambling companies are paying fees to have people "pimp" out their sigs for them either straight monthly fee or by number of posts a month; is this something you guys are currently doing or plan on doing eventually?

Not sure. 

Of course we would love people to use our referral program to bring people to the site.  Signatures play a big part in that.  Hopefully our existing referral incentives will lead to folks putting us in their signatures.  If not, we have a couple of other options we're considering. 
I personally feel like organic growth is best.  We're not in this to get a bunch of people to the site so we can get people to play against house odds.  We're trying to create something awesome:  An open gaming platform where developers can create cool, unique games in a simple and secure way.  And a place where players can come and battle it out for fun through faucet play, or for profit through deposits.

I guess the end goal either way is a bunch of users  Smiley

Thanks,
MooCoin

2012revisited

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:28:43 AM

https://www.moocoin.com?r=PUB6669a5d1b4f86a133d126f5b432a6a1a  Shocked

JaceMan

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:14:57 AM

Hi Everyone,

Do you think this is a cool concept, but wish there were more people on the site?  Help us out by upvoting our reddit link, or creating your own.
Also, remember you have a referral code that you can see by scrolling to the bottom of the MooCoin site!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1v73av/new_bitcoin_gaming_platform_create_your_own_games/

Thanks!
MooCoin

Curious about the referrals... I plan to write a couple articles about your site on my crypto blog and maybe make a video for you... hoping those pay off for you AND me (of course!) with lots of sign-ups.  But I also wanted to check on something.  I referred my roommate, but I didn't get credit for a sign-up.  I will make the assumption that it's because it's showing up that the sign-up came from the same IP address -- but I figured I would check to be sure.  And even though my referral was legitimate, if you aren't blocking or guarding against multiple accounts from a single IP, you may want to consider implementing such a system so someone doesn't cheat the system.  I'd hate to send 50+ referrals your way and lose out to some schmuck who "refers" several hundred virtual machines or sandboxed browsers to steal your generous .2BTC offer.

P.S. You're welcome for the user interface tip. 
moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 07:41:59 AM

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!
MooCoin

Curious about the referrals... I plan to write a couple articles about your site on my crypto blog and maybe make a video for you... hoping those pay off for you AND me (of course!) with lots of sign-ups.  But I also wanted to check on something.  I referred my roommate, but I didn't get credit for a sign-up.  I will make the assumption that it's because it's showing up that the sign-up came from the same IP address -- but I figured I would check to be sure.  And even though my referral was legitimate, if you aren't blocking or guarding against multiple accounts from a single IP, you may want to consider implementing such a system so someone doesn't cheat the system.  I'd hate to send 50+ referrals your way and lose out to some schmuck who "refers" several hundred virtual machines or sandboxed browsers to steal your generous .2BTC offer.

P.S. You're welcome for the user interface tip. 

Sorry I didn't make the referral system super clear.  Here's how it works:
When you refer someone, you get 10% of all fees we collect from that user, for life.  The 10% is instantly credited to your own MooCoin account in realtime.
We collect a 1% fee from the winner of any wager over .0001 btc. 

The leaderboard reflects the total amount you've earned from our referral system.  If you refer one person who wins a single wager of 1000 btc, you'll have earned, and are going to show up on the leaderboard with 1 btc.

This essentially eliminates people gaming the system by referring a bunch of bogus accounts.  Both for the tournament, and post-launch.

Hope that helps!
MooCoin

Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:51:23 PM

Ok what about if a user that I referred bets .00000100 BTC 10 times, will I get .00000001 BTC in referrals?  Otherwise it's going to be impossible for the tournament to get referral BTC.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 05:12:00 PM

Ok what about if a user that I referred bets .00000100 BTC 10 times, will I get .00000001 BTC in referrals?  Otherwise it's going to be impossible for the tournament to get referral BTC.

No, we don't charge any fees at all for wagers below .0001 btc.  We want people to play micro-limits for fun, and for free.
It's pretty easy to play bigger games on the site.  I'm actually a bit surprised we don't have anyone winning 20 btc games, yet.  Perhaps not everyone understands TestNet.

If you want more coins, there are a number of TestNet faucets that give out free TestNet btc.  Go check out
http://faucet.xeno-genesis.com/
or
http://tpfaucet.appspot.com/

Thanks,
MooCoin

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: