Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:11:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: please vote for the best client attempt...
wesleyh
minusbalancer
Baimangal
marcus03
Ola

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT reward program clients  (Read 5445 times)
minusbalancer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:50:06 PM

Okay. Couple of points:
- It's pure .NET code, there is no "any server" in the network (it connects to nxt nodes only as the original client does)
- It's not wrapper around the Java code. You could test it by running on VM without Java installed.
- It's not converted by some tool. It's just impossible to convert servlet into WPF application.
- Binary size doesn't matter .... same applies to Java btw.
- It's not the same functionality as original client. It doesn't accept any incoming connections and that's a lot of code. Also it couldn't generate the hallmark for ex.
- I strongly recommend not to use decompiled code for any product. As I told - i will publish the full source code later.
- All work was done by myself. It was started on December, not just 2 days ago  Smiley

Please ask more if I missed something.
minusbalancer

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:52:51 PM

How exactly were you able to remove java from the equation completely? That must be some monster code?

I was wondering the same and took a look. There is a 96KB NXT.Core.dll and I can believe that this is a NXT core implementation in .NET.

Are you doing HTTP API requests to a server in the network?

You could check the application by running it in isolated VM with the network disabled. It will allow you to log in into account and to see the past transactions. (Never checked that, but it should)
minusbalancer

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:55:54 PM

How exactly were you able to remove java from the equation completely? That must be some monster code?

Any senior level dev with the knowledge of the .NET and Java could do that. The code is not good at this point. That's why i am not releasing it.
marcus03

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:57:34 PM

Okay. Couple of points:
- It's pure .NET code, there is no "any server" in the network (it connects to nxt nodes only as the original client does)
- It's not wrapper around the Java code. You could test it by running on VM without Java installed.
- It's not converted by some tool. It's just impossible to convert servlet into WPF application.
- Binary size doesn't matter .... same applies to Java btw.
- It's not the same functionality as original client. It doesn't accept any incoming connections and that's a lot of code. Also it couldn't generate the hallmark for ex.
- I strongly recommend not to use decompiled code for any product. As I told - i will publish the full source code later.
- All work was done by myself. It was started on December, not just 2 days ago  Smiley

Please ask more if I missed something.

Seem legit. Respect! Seriously... Nice work!

No, I wasn't trying to use the decompiled code... :-) I was just being curious.

I see a problem with keeping your code in line with the core devs code, though. You are quite an early bird with your own implementation.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:10:48 PM

woa, interesting point for me: Did you actually REIMPLEMENT the Nxt core in .NET,
including the curveCrypto?
I'd have a really hard time getting my head around that, because that would mean to reimplement the (currently fast moving) api reference implementation..  Huh
minusbalancer

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:13:58 PM

woa, interesting point for me: Did you actually REIMPLEMENT the Nxt core in .NET,
including the curveCrypto?
I'd have a really hard time getting my head around that, because that would mean to reimplement the (currently fast moving) api reference implementation..  Huh

Not the whole core is ported. That's the difference.
dotNXT doesn't have any API at the moment. It's "client only" so i did not mess with the API yet.

You could search for C# curve implementation and adopt it for your needs.

BaiMangal

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:39:12 PM

minusbalancer you are on the right track Smiley keep coding hehe

Hopefully one day we all will be able to contribute and help to make a proper working .NET client, not some wrappers around the java one.

I was wondering the same and took a look.

ha I didn't even see there was sample code!
Will look at it now too.. exciting!

EDIT: this is not code but the build only. Any links to the code?

Relax. I was just asking.

You can decompile a bit with http://www.jetbrains.com/decompiler/ .

I'm not into .NET, but there is a valid amount of code in there. :-)

sorry didn't mean to be rude! I don't like decompilers...will just wait a couple of days.
minusbalancer

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:11:11 PM

sorry didn't mean to be rude! I don't like decompilers...will just wait a couple of days.

Well that's ok to look into code (to be sure it is really working code).
My point is not to reuse it at this moment because it is not that good right now.
In a few days I will release the client that will be mostly functional ... probably I can call it "beta" (still a long way from perfect).
Sources will be release later when the client gets stable.

Probably it makes sense to create the page with the status updates. Will do it at the weekend.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:21:54 PM

As I told - i will publish the full source code later.

ETA?
minusbalancer

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:35:41 PM

As I told - i will publish the full source code later.

ETA?

ETA for the GitHub or BitBucket is 3 to 4 weeks.
I could send the sources to someone (for ex. to you, or Pin) as a proof of working client today.

PS: Even the current binaries could be decompiled
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:42:13 PM

Could u explain this:

namespace NXT.Core
{
  public class BidOrder : IComparable
  {
    public long id;
    public long height;
    public Account account;
    public long asset;
    public int quantity;
    public long price;

public BidOrder(long paramLong1, Account paramAccount, long paramLong2, int paramInt, long paramLong3)
    {
      this.id = paramLong1;
      this.height = (long) Block.getLastBlock().height;
      this.account = paramAccount;
      this.asset = paramLong2;
      this.quantity = paramInt;
      this.price = paramLong3;
    }

public int CompareTo(object obj)
    {
      BidOrder bidOrder = obj as BidOrder;
      if (bidOrder == null || this.price > bidOrder.price)
        return -1;
      if (this.price < bidOrder.price)
        return 1;
      if (this.height < bidOrder.height)
        return -1;
      if (this.height > bidOrder.height)
        return 1;
      if (this.id < bidOrder.id)
        return -1;
      return this.id > bidOrder.id ? 1 : 0;
    }
  }
}

It shows that code was decompiled by marcus03.

I'm curious why u implemented something useless.
minusbalancer

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:49:11 PM

Could u explain this:

namespace NXT.Core
{
  public class BidOrder : IComparable
  {
    public long id;
    public long height;
    public Account account;
    public long asset;
    public int quantity;
    public long price;

public BidOrder(long paramLong1, Account paramAccount, long paramLong2, int paramInt, long paramLong3)
    {
      this.id = paramLong1;
      this.height = (long) Block.getLastBlock().height;
      this.account = paramAccount;
      this.asset = paramLong2;
      this.quantity = paramInt;
      this.price = paramLong3;
    }

public int CompareTo(object obj)
    {
      BidOrder bidOrder = obj as BidOrder;
      if (bidOrder == null || this.price > bidOrder.price)
        return -1;
      if (this.price < bidOrder.price)
        return 1;
      if (this.height < bidOrder.height)
        return -1;
      if (this.height > bidOrder.height)
        return 1;
      if (this.id < bidOrder.id)
        return -1;
      return this.id > bidOrder.id ? 1 : 0;
    }
  }
}

That's the part of the Asset Exchange logic classes. Should be used for processing the Colored Coins exchange transactions attachments.
It was taken from the NXT. This client is not supporting assets exchange because of the non supported assets exchange in original client.

As you can see - this code was not modified from the original one, because my focus is on the basic functionality currently. (Send money, Aliases, Messaging)

When the assets exchange will be implemented i will modify it.
At this point i am trying to be up to date with original client (NRS) codebase.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:53:18 PM

That's the part of the Asset Exchange logic classes. Should be used for processing the Colored Coins exchange transactions attachments.
It was taken from the NXT. This client is not supporting assets exchange because of the non supported assets exchange in original client.

As you can see - this code was not modified from the original one, because my focus is on the basic functionality currently. (Send money, Aliases, Messaging)

When the assets exchange will be implemented i will modify it.
At this point i am trying to be up to date with original client (NRS) codebase.

Thx, let's wait for the source code.
filchef

Activity: 137

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:06:18 PM

I would like to apply to contest with my client as well.

.NXT (dotNXT)

It's pure .NET based client (yeah - no java required on Windows).
Planned release to public: 19 Jan 2014.
Supported features:
- Send Money, view your transactions.
- Register alias, browse aliases
- Forging (the transparent one as well)
- Hallmark checks
- Multiple accounts at 1 window

Currently known issues:
- Can not run as node
- Orphaned chains are not displayed correctly

Here are some screenshots that I just made  Wink

Accounts view:

Unconfirmed transactions:

Blocks:

Peers:

Aliases: TBD

I don't know but I am new for the NXT and I instal first https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,1902.0.html and he working fine but when I try your program I can't add any address no existing and no new so for me this is some bug - I try to add from unlock button. 
minusbalancer

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:07:51 AM

I don't know but I am new for the NXT and I instal first https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,1902.0.html and he working fine but when I try your program I can't add any address no existing and no new so for me this is some bug - I try to add from unlock button. 

That was the alpha version not recommended to use. The second version is coming tomorrow. Stay tuned, i will announce it.
filchef

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:43:58 AM

That was the alpha version not recommended to use. The second version is coming tomorrow. Stay tuned, i will announce it.

I will - program lucking gut - so you can put also search box in Aliases because there are many.
minusbalancer

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:08:26 PM

I will - program lucking gut - so you can put also search box in Aliases because there are many.

I've published the new version. Please check it at: http://dotnxtclient.blogspot.com/2014/01/new-version-of.html
filchef

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:58:55 PM

I've published the new version. Please check it at: http://dotnxtclient.blogspot.com/2014/01/new-version-of.html

There are two exe files dotNXT.0.0.2.setup.exe  and dotNXT.0.0.2.blockchains.setup.exe - if i understood first have to instal first one and then second - if it is correct ?
minusbalancer

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:00:11 PM

There are two exe files dotNXT.0.0.2.setup.exe  and dotNXT.0.0.2.blockchains.setup.exe - if i understood first have to instal first one and then second - if it is correct ?

Version with the block chains - is the version with preloaded block chain, if someone doesn't want to wait for all block chain download (which is pretty fast anyway).

dotNXT.0.0.2.setup.exe - is pure binaries version. You can use any of them.
filchef

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:52:20 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 10:23:11 PM by filchef

Version with the block chains - is the version with preloaded block chain, if someone doesn't want to wait for all block chain download (which is pretty fast anyway).

dotNXT.0.0.2.setup.exe - is pure binaries version. You can use any of them.

I install first and then over it second binary and try it so I find some bugs

In settings there no possibility to write the fee I clean the fee to be 0 and program give me this error http://postimg.org/image/d6angshux/full/  and crash after this also Aliases button don't work - don't show any Aliases.Also I think there must be more one button for lock Account or with right click of the mouse to be possible to lock Account.Also will be good to see № of transaction to can be check in blockchainexplorer.Also will be good to can be copy numbers of senders recipients and transactions and also blocks  and aliases and all in site of application.  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: