Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 09:27:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Great Alt Depression has arrived.  (Read 709 times)
YoyodyneSystems (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:38:37 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 11:35:33 AM by YoyodyneSystems

Nevermind.. heh.
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:42:48 AM

Yes the flood of new coins have ruined it. But the great will survive.

kelvinliong

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:15:56 AM

Well after having about half my coins either pending withdraw or missing deposit in the span of a few days with sites that used
to be relatively fair I have to say things are not good around town right now. I think the exchanges start to
go nasty when the volume drops and the prices deflate. They are getting a little desperate and some are resorting
to pretty messed up tactics. Even with active traders.

I will give you all a warning. The older Alts are deflating from their pumps. This will go on for awhile. 1 week... 2 weeks.. 4 weeks?
Be careful.

I am officially out of business for now and hope to come back soon after my battles with Cryptsy and BTER to get my coins back.
I moved some from one that screwed me earlier to another that screwed me today. Something is going a little wrong out there right now.
Straight up lost the coins or will not respond. Not good when considering those are the two main exchanges. Mining is a little bit safer
right now but if you want to trade coins often or arbitrage then good luck with that right now. Every time you move your coins you have a
decent chance of them being tied up for a week or getting lost.

Watch your money and don't trust any of these exchanges right now. The only ones that have no serious issues for me are coinedup
and BTC-E. All the rest have screwed me for now. I read into BTER and they seem to be taking people's BTC randomly. Especially lately.

I think there needs to be some big shakeups coming as this plays out. Then things should improve but don't expect new
people to stick around in Crypto when they encounter deflation and exchanges that scam them.

It's too bad. These things happen when things are new. Watch out for now! Keep low and keep a tight hold on your coins.

BTC and keep it safe.
Agree.
The altcoins are dead
Send me all your altcoins to me.
Thanks  Smiley

Let's color the MOON: YENui1eF9LuVpZiTdp8Vf4G77cgnnkDDTD
bramvnl

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:17:12 AM

Well after having about half my coins either pending withdraw or missing deposit in the span of a few days with sites that used
to be relatively fair I have to say things are not good around town right now. I think the exchanges start to
go nasty when the volume drops and the prices deflate. They are getting a little desperate and some are resorting

I will give you all a warning. The older Alts are deflating from their pumps. This will go on for awhile. 1 week... 2 weeks.. 4 weeks?
Be careful.

I am officially out of business for now and hope to come back soon after my battles with Cryptsy and BTER to get my coins back.
I moved some from one that screwed me earlier to another that screwed me today. Something is going a little wrong out there right now.
Straight up lost the coins or will not respond. Not good when considering those are the two main exchanges. Mining is a little bit safer
right now but if you want to trade coins often or arbitrage then good luck with that right now. Every time you move your coins you have a

Watch your money and don't trust any of these exchanges right now. The only ones that have no serious issues for me are coinedup
and BTC-E. All the rest have screwed me for now. I read into BTER and they seem to be taking people's BTC randomly. Especially lately.

I think there needs to be some big shakeups coming as this plays out. Then things should improve but don't expect new
people to stick around in Crypto when they encounter deflation and exchanges that scam them.

It's too bad. These things happen when things are new. Watch out for now! Keep low and keep a tight hold on your coins.

BTC and keep it safe.
Agree.
The altcoins are dead
Thanks  Smiley

you are funny
frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:25:44 AM

Be careful.

BTC and keep it safe.

same 2 exchanges for me mate, but I don't move more than 1%, lesson already learned.
YoyodyneSystems (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:31:20 AM

Be careful.

BTC and keep it safe.
Agree.
The altcoins are dead
Thanks  Smiley

I would but they are gone. BTER and Cryptsy took them.
atc1

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:43:30 AM

Be careful.

BTC and keep it safe.
Agree.
The altcoins are dead
Thanks  Smiley

I would but they are gone. BTER and Cryptsy took them.

LOL! But goddamn,the altcoins are taking a hit.

psionin

Activity: 465
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:47:44 AM

I've also had two recent transactions that weren't completing when I sent coins to Cryptsy. In the case with GLC, it just took a while and finished after a day or so. I think that the network may have lost a lot of processing power as the coin deflated, and that's why it took so long for confirmations. I've also had it set to pay an optional transaction fee - it may have taken longer without it.

In the case with SXC, it turned out that the wallet wasn't syncing, and the client had to be updated to the version with the sync bug fix. That initialized the transaction and it completed shortly afterwards.

These issues may also be occurring on the client side on the exchanges (plus more, when considering virtualization, automation, and scale)... so I think it's about just doing the proper work to resolve them.
frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:02:48 AM

I've also had two recent transactions that weren't completing when I sent coins to Cryptsy. In the case with GLC, it just took a while and finished after a day or so. I think that the network may have lost a lot of processing power as the coin deflated, and that's why it took so long for confirmations. I've also had it set to pay an optional transaction fee - it may have taken longer without it.

In the case with SXC, it turned out that the wallet wasn't syncing, and the client had to be updated to the version with the sync bug fix. That initialized the transaction and it completed shortly afterwards.

These issues may also be occurring on the client side on the exchanges (plus more, when considering virtualization, automation, and scale)... so I think it's about just doing the proper work to resolve them.

I've got 465 confirmations on my transaction to crapsy, ticket acknowledged 16 hours ago, I have very early member number.
The only reason it's so annoying is that this alt is falling every minute Wink Network of this coin is in excellent condition.
But I've had this before, and they did resolve it, when they eventually get around to it.

Do I trust bter to trade? No, not after btc withdrawal was frozen and reading others' problems.
So what option is left? Back to google docs trading? It WAS more fun back then don't you think...
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:23:12 PM

Just made a litecoin withdraw request on Cryptsy, it was processed in a few seconds...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: