Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:43:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What cancer is keeping Bitcoin and the crypto market behind  (Read 219 times)
Flickspeed (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:06:19 PM

Year 2018 has been the worst year for the crypto market by far! So what is the cause, the CANCER of it this year huh?

In my view the cancer is BCH (Bitcoin Cash)

As you all know bitcoin is the main driving force of the whole market and as long as gains made by bitcoin cash BCH are higher than the ones made by Bitcoin sorry folks Bitcoin will not let it grow that way.

That's my simple view to why the market sucks this year. In my view bitcoin cash must die if we are to go up. Notice how as soon as bch starts moving up faster than bitcoin the show stops there. As soon as Cash is down bitcoin and market is breathing again. I am pretty sure if bitcoin cash slides to 5th in market cap it will slide to 6th and then leave the top 10 all together very soon. Maybe we will all have a breather then.

Post what you think about this theory.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:25:02 PM

Bitcoin Cash is just another alt. It has no more or less bearing on things than any other major coin. Almost all of them regularly post higher gains than Bitcoin percentage wise because they're all smaller.

2018 is nowhere near the worst year yet.

The one and only reason for these lulls is that giant bubble that you might have noticed. Bubbles pop when enough people realise they stupidly overpaid for something and run for the door. It takes a long time to rebuild confidence in valuations once it's been torched like that.
Flickspeed (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:29:22 PM

Bitcoin Cash is just another alt. It has no more or less bearing on things than any other major coin. Almost all of them regularly post higher gains than Bitcoin percentage wise because they're all smaller.

2018 is nowhere near the worst year yet.

The one and only reason for these lulls is that giant bubble that you might have noticed. Bubbles pop when enough people realise they stupidly overpaid for something and run for the door. It takes a long time to rebuild confidence in valuations once it's been torched like that.

I don't think size really matters, It's not just an alt, it's competing with bitcoin, with intentions to take the throne and the name is similar. Market cap isn't too small either. Let's not forget there is lots of manipulation in the market and maybe whoever cares about bitcoin being always on top doesn't want to give it any chance. Anyway in my view it's cancer that needs to go away like the other pretender BTG, first slid out of top 10 and then top 20 Smiley
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:36:35 PM

I don't think size really matters, It's not just an alt, it's competing with bitcoin, with intentions to take the throne and the name is similar. Market cap isn't too small either. Let's not forget there is lots of manipulation in the market and maybe whoever cares about bitcoin being always on top doesn't want to give it any chance.

They're certainly trying hard but not really getting anywhere. Check trading volumes. Today it was beaten by Bitcoin obviously, ETH was not too far off quadruple the volume, EOS was nearly double, TRON, whatever that is, wasn't too far off either.

As for transaction volumes, Litecoin and Dogecoin was double today.

It's a sizeable market but nowhere near dominant. It's not going anywhere but it has no bearing on Bitcoin's behaviour. The whole market was sucked dry by that bubble. All that's left at the moment is bots playing with each other. People will need to return for it to turn around and that might take months or years.
Flickspeed (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:42:01 PM

Today it was beaten by Bitcoin obviously.

Yep every time the whole market is falling BCH is getting beaten badly. I really don't understand who invests in that shit anyway. How about give it a rest and see how the market evolves without it Cheesy
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:57:08 PM

I really don't understand who invests in that shit anyway. How about give it a rest and see how the market evolves without it Cheesy
How will you not know who invests into BCH? It is guaranteed that the same people bag holding BCH, whales manipulating it and their victims are the ones investing and keeping that shitcoin alive. Do not worry to much about it, it is just another alt and it is not affecting the crypto market but rather too much drama(FUDs) are the one responsible for keeping bitcoin and crypto market behind. IMO, we are already seeing their end because institutional money is starting to flow into crypto space.
palle11

Activity: 2338
Merit: 332

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:37:52 AM

I do not see any cancer yet on this market. Bitcoin cash is just proving to be a good fork coin and in no way in context with bitcoin because that isn't going to happen. Truth though is that this year has not given good profit to investors but we shouldn't lose hope yet.

Last year, the market was "slogish" up until second quarter of the year too.
MasterNodes.Cash

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:15:22 AM

We are the cancer. People control the market, specifically our emotions. The price of bitcoin is in our hands and we are the reason for this drop. If we could all just hodl and not sell, with new money coming onto the market, bitcoin would be worth a lot lot more.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 09:28:15 AM

Oh come on, if you had just spent a little time comparing charts from a few years ago, you would know that this is far from the worst year.
The year after Mt. Gox went down was way worse than what we are seeing now.

I also do not think that Bitcoin Cash has anything to do with the current prices of Bitcoin. It's just one of many altcoins and all their attempts to 'take over' the Bitcoin community have failed.

cabron

Activity: 2856
Merit: 602

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 09:33:45 AM

It will depend to the miners of BCH, AFAIK miners like BCH as they consider it to be the real BTC.
When all these forks are going to be happen every time, BTC might never really grow bigger than what we could have by the time it should have mature. And it could be taken over by ETH which is likely to happen as well.

jankekek

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:44:34 AM

The cancers why bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies does not pumping on it's price, it's because of dumpers or newbies in trading. Airdrop participants also selling their tokens once they get their rewards for participating and this can be caused for dumping the price, investors are no more get a chance to get big profits because sometimes the price is being dumped below in the price where they buy tokens in ICOs.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 10:59:04 AM

The name of this cancer is Nobuaki Kobayashi and he is the reason why the prices are so low right now. Nobuaki Kobayashi is the Mt Gox trustee and rather than just transferring the coins to the users, this guy is dumping them in the exchanges.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:02:24 AM

The name of this cancer is Nobuaki Kobayashi and he is the reason why the prices are so low right now. Nobuaki Kobayashi is the Mt Gox trustee and rather than just transferring the coins to the users, this guy is dumping them in the exchanges.

Show me some proof of this.

He has no right to sell. The court decides when and why to sell and there's no reason on the immediate horizon, all of Gox's debts can now be met from what's been sold. He probably wants to forget about the whole thing considering the ball ache it's brought him.
Flickspeed (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:15:38 PM

We are the cancer. People control the market, specifically our emotions. The price of bitcoin is in our hands and we are the reason for this drop. If we could all just hodl and not sell, with new money coming onto the market, bitcoin would be worth a lot lot more.

And I thought 50 to 100 entities are holding around 95% of bitcoin and those entities are not newbies. They been around longer than any of us Smiley
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 08:22:50 PM

Why the market sucks is basically because of that after something performs very well, it sucks for a while, and many cancers may involve in this but for me what the fuck is that does not matter much, it will stay with us for a while.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:33:13 PM

Show me some proof of this.

He has no right to sell. The court decides when and why to sell and there's no reason on the immediate horizon, all of Gox's debts can now be met from what's been sold. He probably wants to forget about the whole thing considering the ball ache it's brought him.

Apparently the funds were moved right before the dump.
https://www.cryptoground.com/mtgox-cold-wallet-monitor/

According to this site on 10.05 some 6000 BTC got moved from the trustee's addresses and a day later we had a huge selloff. Of course one could say that the whole site is a manipulation and he didn't sell, just moved the coins, or that the addresses are fake. One thing is certain. He has a lot of coins and has to procure USD for the victims, even though they want to get BTC.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:31:10 AM

I don’t agree with you. I think Bitcoin Cash is just another new Altcoin. I don’t think so it is big enough to control the entire crypto market. BCH’s market capitalization is also small. The Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are affected by it demand and supply factors, the negative news about the cryptocurrencies and the manipulation by big whales and not by some Altcoin.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:37:26 AM

Apparently the funds were moved right before the dump.
https://www.cryptoground.com/mtgox-cold-wallet-monitor/

According to this site on 10.05 some 6000 BTC got moved from the trustee's addresses and a day later we had a huge selloff. Of course one could say that the whole site is a manipulation and he didn't sell, just moved the coins, or that the addresses are fake. One thing is certain. He has a lot of coins and has to procure USD for the victims, even though they want to get BTC.

That was months ago. The poster is implying these ongoing dumps are because of this too.

He already has procured every single USD necessary to repay Gox's debts. There is no need to sell more to meet those obligations. They're in the bag. He has no right to sell more.

The BTC left will either go back to Tibanne shareholders, in which case there's going to be a fucking massive dump as Mark Karpeles has to pay 60% tax on it, or there'll be civil forfeiture when all the remaining BTC goes back proportionally to the victims.

The next meeting is in September when nothing may be decided then either. Nothing happens before then.

I'm really goddamn bored of people not bothering to process the facts. They're out there for everyone. This forum would be a fuck ton better if posters could be bothered to think a little more before regurgitating half formed factoids that aren't even true.
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:56:39 AM

And I thought 50 to 100 entities are holding around 95% of bitcoin and those entities are not newbies. They been around longer than any of us Smiley

People dump for certain reasons, maybe for fear of the effect of a current FUD or future FUD. So , I think unnecessary dumping is also a cause for lack of breakout in the market.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:57:31 AM

Year 2018 has been the worst year for the crypto market by far! So what is the cause, the CANCER of it this year huh?
that is your perspective to see 2018 as a "bad" year. another perspective is seeing it as even a better year than last year. we saw a lot of rise which meant we could buy less and less bitcoin every day to accumulate it for the "big boom". now that price is lower we can buy more of it again Wink

In my view the cancer is BCH (Bitcoin Cash)
we blame bitcoin cash and specifically Roger Ver's shenanigans for a lot of things that are happening to bitcoin but not everything!

As you all know bitcoin is the main driving force of the whole market and as long as gains made by bitcoin cash BCH are higher than the ones made by Bitcoin sorry folks Bitcoin will not let it grow that way.
BCH gains were not higher than bitcoin.
BCH gains were not even higher than about roughly 60% of the altcoins!

That's my simple view to why the market sucks this year. In my view bitcoin cash must die if we are to go up. Notice how as soon as bch starts moving up faster than bitcoin the show stops there. As soon as Cash is down bitcoin and market is breathing again. I am pretty sure if bitcoin cash slides to 5th in market cap it will slide to 6th and then leave the top 10 all together very soon. Maybe we will all have a breather then.
care to show this to us on an actual chart.
try overlapping two charts and point to where you ses this happening

Only Bitcoin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: