Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:34:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Fedoracoin - The Community is Taking Over [MAIN]  (Read 57561 times)
Fozy

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:48:55 PM

This is fantastic!  I was away for a few days and I'm just checking the discussion boards now. Starting a new discussion board was an AMAZING IDEA!

I'd love to contribute bounties to any and all of these initiatives.  Just let me know where to send them.

A new website is essential.  It needs to tell the visitor... "we at FedoraCoin are not F-ing crazy!" The current website looks okay but the content is just strange.  It also notes at the top of the page that it hasn't been updated in weeks. Not great. 

I'd love to get involved in the strategy of the web design and branding, in the mean time I have been promoting TIPS on twitter and will continue to. Follow on Twitter @FedoraCoins

I'll go ahead and set up a Facebook page too.

Great job. Excellent initiative!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hsz

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:00:15 PM

I like this coin!
 EUmD9oPAqRoaxfTRqW6W4p17KFDh6Tonku
thanks!
russellm

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:05:47 PM

TIPS please!

ETLoUZLz6Uu1sQTZhNihUL7Taq5aGHNw4N
st0ned

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:13:26 PM

Just popping in to give this a little bump. Glad to see everyone coming together for TIPS!

So regarding the website, should I begin to throw some mockups together or anything? Or should we wait until we have a solid group of people to put our heads together and figure out exactly what we want/need to do?

On a side note I would still like to buy some TIPS via Paypal also if anyone is interested!
mdsdfgh

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:29:21 PM

Thanks

EZVbivtyikQdGJUSz1m1yWK2YkxpRvTzMt
withfedoraco.in

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 05:11:24 PM

So regarding the website, should I begin to throw some mockups together or anything? Or should we wait until we have a solid group of people to put our heads together and figure out exactly what we want/need to do?

The guy that made the website is still active on IRC, maybe you should start with him.

I'd love to get involved in the strategy of the web design and branding, in the mean time I have been promoting TIPS on twitter and will continue to. Follow on Twitter @FedoraCoins

Nice Twitter feed, but you need to get some more followers.

I suggest you check out Twitter feeds for altcoin-related topics (or those of other altcoins) and follow the people that follow them.
I know that sounds a bit spammy, but it's the only (free/effective) way to target people that are potentially interested.

Once you've done that and you have a decent amount, do a giveaway on Twitter for retweets so the first x people that retweet a certain tweet get a TIPS reward.
That way, you can reach the network of your network.

w/ Fedoracoin - The first Fedoracoin payment processor: http://pay.withfedoraco.in/
Developers can now sign up at http://dashboard.withfedoraco.in/
Dilapidated

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:19:47 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 09:33:22 PM by Dilapidated

I think the best idea is to give this coin more exposure.
Are there any incentives we can offer to people for them to use TIPS to buy/sell goods online??
Also we should consider doing more giveaways to get this coin out again as well as faucets. Just some ideas/thoughts...

EenxmCZoMkZzqU3vAwVVmheBYKeBAnmTqe

Thank you!
Fozy

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:46:53 PM

On a side note I would still like to buy some TIPS via Paypal also if anyone is interested!

Let's get a website group together.  Theking, you, me, anyone else?  Maybe we should start a new thread for that conversation or do a group PM. I don't think we need to do a lot of planning/prep-- but a little planning will go a long way.

Don't worry about buying TIPS.  I'm happy to send you a generous bounty for your work on the site.

st0ned

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:40:30 PM

Let's get a website group together.  Theking, you, me, anyone else?  Maybe we should start a new thread for that conversation or do a group PM. I don't think we need to do a lot of planning/prep-- but a little planning will go a long way.

Don't worry about buying TIPS.  I'm happy to send you a generous bounty for your work on the site.

Sounds good to me! I am obviously in.

Started browsing around already looking at different layouts and such to give me some ideas. Let me know when you guys are available to talk. I am running out here in a bit but should be available later today and all day tomorrow.

Appreciate the offer of a bounty! I would love to see what we could do to revive TIPS and once we are successful maybe do the same for others as well.

Edit: I also added this thread to my sig. Maybe we should all add something TIPS related to our sigs to help out?
yabit

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:18:59 PM

Great news. TIPs will be in front 2014, cause the hat is always on top!

EaCoT5DAaRse9vnvJkF67F5MUYc1bUvcsP
Fozy

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:13:30 PM

That's a great plan for building the twitter account-- and I don't mind spamming.

Where's the original website designer's IRC info?

theking7426 (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:57:01 PM

Hello all, I am trying to find some time today to give those coins away and get this all together so here is a little update to keep you all excited.

Basically after speaking with the withfedoraco.in team I have been given the information on who to contact about the domain name, as well as the code for the newest faucet. So it is looking promising.

The withfedoracoiin team has also stated that they will help later on this week with the implementation of the faucet, basically so that we as a community can be able to take care of things instead of how things have just been sitting there dying.

1. So as for a Facebook page... Love the idea, please do and post the page and I will like as soon as possible.

2. Twitter account, I love that you have the fedoracoin twitter, I will make sure to tweet at you more often in the coming days... we can do this.

3. For the website, he who feel most comfortable designing a website... I would love if you could make a mockup, absolutely brilliant. The thing to remember with the website is that.....

.....I myself have simple joomla skills and other CMS, if you would like to take the reigns then when I have figured the domain out then go crazy with your designs. If it is going to be me and a CMS, stay simple with your ideas, I usually use templated and make very minor changes  Tongue

It is great to see everyone showing their support. The ball is rolling.

Note: Sorry I hav not been on much today, like I said before I am busy so if I can't be on all day I will make sure to make appearances throughout the day to reassure you all that I am still alive.

PS... This thread is NOT to simply post your address and get Fedoracoins. If you post an idea about how Fedoracoin can get more popular or something like that then there will be giveaways for those. IF YOU JUST POST AN ADDRESS AND SAY THANKS YOU WILL NOT BE ENTERED IN THE DRAW, IT IS STATED IN THE MAIN THREAD.
Sorry but I don't want to have all of us to go through 84 pages of addresses to find the conversation.

GIVEAWAY IS STILL ON FOR IDEAS THOUGH, 1 LUCKY WINNER PER 10 SUGGESTIONS FROM USERS - WILL BE ENDING IN A FEW HOURS
GB89

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

This coin needs more attention
We could do more giveaways and open more faucets  Cool
Make a forum that rewards users for posting like earthcoin does is one idea

EeQSC8uYqsKesJwk7GBQxCJUR1zd6DmMJx

TY!  Grin

theking7426 (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:59:14 PM

and also nice to see you Fozy, glad to see you are joining our movement Smiley
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

umachit.fund

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:06:06 PM

compliment: I really dig the hat!
suggestion: sell those hats with logo on hat, yes a hat on a hat. think about it. Roll Eyes

EMAPhtn2g9srMeoT6g6aStVcnU1TWP2vJN

Thanks!

.UmaChit.Fund.
‎ ★
..Revolutionized Rotating..
..Savings & Borrowings.....

‎ ★
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
amitukova

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:16:46 PM

I also like this coin!

EdbXZ4DujiYqGzQhDMeM3oyFWYZTpcdG8r

Thanks for you GIVEAWAY!
theking7426 (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:01:13 PM

How about adding TIPS to a ripple gateway.
So far I have only seen NXT doing it succesfully with peercover may be we should talk with peercover to see if they can set up one for TIPS.

Ripple is not that popular now, but I think its only a matter of time for it to get more attention.
We could be prepared for the future.

Thanks.

This is something that would take a bit of extra development we don't currently have but it is something we could look in to for the future of the coin.
theking7426 (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:05:45 PM

Right I shall kick this off then !

Maybe write what Fedoracoin (TIPS) is all about, How It Functions, Security, Transaction Time and what it and the Logo resembles etc...

Write up an Article about Fedoracoin (TIPS)

Explain what Tipping with TIPS is, where Tipping started & also about the Fedora Hat for e.g That was a mighty fine job, here's a tip, I tip my fedora to you fine sir. Tongue

Or write an e-book about the two for exchange for TIPS.

COMPETITIONS where e-books are submitted & a lucky winner out of them will be Tipped.

INCENTIVE to people who bring others to Fedoracoin whether it be to Mine TIPS, or Tip TIPS Wink

Try to get into contact with the Dev (invisibel) by all means possible for e.g Bitcointalk Forums, any other Forum Website, e-mail, Work or Phone.

IF NOTHING OR NO RESPONSE,
Start talking to other Dev's interested in the coin or interested in working on it for & with the Community.

TIPS on Cryptsy for BTC since Coined up got rid of TIPS/BTC for some mysterious reason and now only have TIPS/LTC & TIPS/DOGE

Talk to Pool Owners about Server Capabilities, People wanting to start a Fedoracoin Pool & Maintain it

Talk up Fedoracoin to as many people as possible about TIPS and the whole tipping thing, you never know who might be interested or take a gamble with it & INVEST BIG.

More Faucets for the people who don't mine & only web click for TIPS or for the people who want to be tipped with TIPS.

Propose to Businesses about using TIPS, TIPS earned from in-store and online Cash/Debit Purchases, then you can use your earned TIPS to cash out online or exchange for in-store or online Products/Services

More ideas will come to mind soon but for now that's what I got.

I Believe In This Coin !

ELEztEHvzxJT3ykmjo8Gmm8qfDn1ZgXBkf

I love how active you are and the suggestions, each and every one is being added to the plan I am coming up with. I want all of you who post to know I will see your suggestions, if it takes forever I will take time to go through every one and if it can be fit in to the plan being developed then it will be.

Also, I would like to state that I have contacted the domain owner and waiting for a reply. This will be the first big step. Once we know how the domain will work out then all the other ideas can be implemented, and as I can see there are many.

If anyone knows a way other then this forum to contact invisibel please feel free to post. I have tried a few different places with no luck. Some of you are far better than I at finding these types of specifics and all the help is appreciated.

1 Hour till I do the draw for the people who posted suggestions in this thread.
quarkkid

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:17:53 PM

Finally people are coming together  Smiley

My reputation thread!! ...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419456.0
C A Ix > >   CAIx-- Xt7qWX6LTAURHZYzjenTBNfViztCz2z72U
theking7426 (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:28:19 PM

Finally people are coming together  Smiley

Love your signature  Grin
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: