Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:43:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Business Opportunities in btc  (Read 862 times)
pbody (OP)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:07:14 PM

This thread is dedicated to bitcoin business opportunities. What sort of businesses can be created to help the evolution of the coin?

atms
user friendly wallets (completely mindless interface)
bitcoin bank
merchant exchange software
bitcoin accounting software

Any other ideas?

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:46:45 PM

I would like to see preloaded bitcoin vouchers available to buy with cash in local shops... So you just buy with cash then redeem some code to get BTC.

Ideally you'd redeem an actual private key, but with price fluctuations unless you expected the shop assistant to perform some conversion while you waited, then having to redeem some code from a centralised service would be more likely. (Something like Giftcoins, which seems to be dead.)

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
CoinBet

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

CoinBet.cc

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 07:56:18 PM

I would like to see preloaded bitcoin vouchers available to buy with cash in local shops... So you just buy with cash then redeem some code to get BTC.

Ideally you'd redeem an actual private key, but with price fluctuations unless you expected the shop assistant to perform some conversion while you waited, then having to redeem some code from a centralised service would be more likely. (Something like Giftcoins, which seems to be dead.)

I'm sure we will see this really soon. You can already buy iTunes cards, Facebook vouchers, MoneyPak, etc. so I'm sure someone will distribute bitcoin vouchers in the exact same manner pretty quickly.

BreathOfZen

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:57:37 PM

It's not glamorous, but the most practical use for BTC to start with is as a medium of exchange for online trade between actual people (as opposed to corporations who are knee deep in red tape.)

Aoeui Artifacts
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1122

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:02:57 PM

I would like to see software making it simple to set up tiny web stores able to take Bitcoin as payment. Something on the scale of a wordpress plugin, or something like that?  So that tiny little tee-shirt shops and people selling random coffee mugs and bumperstickers and one-off chunks of amateur art could easily throw something up on their blog or three-page store website, and give out a URL.

I think the grass roots are where uptake of new stuff is easiest, and it doesn't get any more grass-rootsy than individuals with one-offs and tiny product lines they're trying to sell on blogs and three-page websites.  The bonus point is it needn't require even as much resources committed on their part as taking credit cards.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:03:44 PM

What sort of businesses can be created to help the evolution of the coin?

Global mesh network. Hardware. Software. Deployment. Upkeep. Access.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
jonanon

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:08:33 PM

I think there's a lot of money to be made for a business that let's people buy BTC securely, ie debit/credit card. A proper service without exorbitant fees  Smiley
CoinBet

CoinBet.cc

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 08:09:03 PM

I would like to see software making it simple to set up tiny web stores able to take Bitcoin as payment. Something on the scale of a wordpress plugin, or something like that?  So that tiny little tee-shirt shops and people selling random coffee mugs and bumperstickers and one-off chunks of amateur art could easily throw something up on their blog or three-page store website, and give out a URL.

I think the grass roots are where uptake of new stuff is easiest, and it doesn't get any more grass-rootsy than individuals with one-offs and tiny product lines they're trying to sell on blogs and three-page websites.  The bonus point is it needn't require even as much resources committed on their part as taking credit cards.

There's already a bunch of WP plugins that make this extremely simple. There's even a WooCommerce plugin to accept bitcoin.

Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:16:09 PM

Something to do with micro payments.

Ex-- any wireless service we have now, except for paying a monthly fee or $20 for 24 hours.. pay 1 or 2 cents every minute of use.. no need to register or fill out credit card info. Just have it automatically connect to the bitcoin protocol or ur wallet and have it automatically take BTC every minute/second you are using the service (it will just ask you to accept the price/conditions first). Is this possible?

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
CoinBet

CoinBet.cc

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 08:16:16 PM

I think there's a lot of money to be made for a business that let's people buy BTC securely, ie debit/credit card. A proper service without exorbitant fees  Smiley

This exists: www.coin.mx

calian

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:04:21 AM

Legitimate derivatives markets: http://www.wired.com/business/2014/01/bitcoin-derivatives/

Secure computing environments for online storage and transaction of large amounts of coins.

Coinbase that works in the other 192 countries of the world.

Bitcoin ATMs everywhere.
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 04:00:02 AM

One wallet for all coins or the ones I want

One button to take tips in any type currency.

Something like ebay but with millions of users so I can sell stuff

Something like Kindle to list ebooks on

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
zeetubes

Activity: 371

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:24:29 AM

user friendly wallets (completely mindless interface)
bitcoin bank

NO, web wallets are not and shouldn't be used EVER or CREATED. Very few people could actually secure a web wallet to the maximum.

And Guess what there's already a bitcoin bank, take your bitcoin sell for fiat, put it in a bank. Bitcoin is being your own bank so if you want to let someone else do it, then go ahead stay in fiat. Bitcoin is for the adults around here that can secure their own funds properly.

Bitcoins should be available to anyone. Not just geeks. Geeks are supposed to make bitcoins easy for non geeks.
zeetubes

Activity: 371

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:41:11 AM

Yup, the ongoing development of the optimum wallet is probably the most fascinating thing to watch this year. It has to be easy enough that a taxi driver in africa can safely accept a fare with it (although I think most of them have already moved to denver by now :> ).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: