Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:03:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammer KennethLBell  (Read 599 times)
miningair (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:33:31 PM

This is a warning to all. Do not buy from KennethLBell.

A few weeks ago I was interested in buy bitcoin, but didn't want to wait the week for Coinbase. I made a WTB thread looking for bitcoin, and since i've been scammed before I wanted to use paypal in case. He messaged me that he was selling, and we worked out a deal. Here is his only for sale thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=392681.msg4233509#msg4233509

Shady, I know. But since I was using Paypal, I was slightly reassured. We agreed on a deal, and I paid him.....then I didn't hear from him for 3 days, nor did I get the BTC that I paid for. Obviously I knew it was a scam, but since it was new years (it was actually, Jan 1st) I decided to give it a extra day or, because I know people are out celebrating. Finally on the 4th day he contacts me and apologizes. I figured whatever, and we message plenty to figure things out. He says his Paypal is locked up, and can't access it. I know this is most likely true because at the same time I was doing another paypal-btc purchase, and that user had the same thing happen (eventually I did receive my btc from that guy). So we actually agree on a second deal, larger volume, and of course I pay him.

A day goes by, 2 days go by, 3, you get the picture. No communication from him, and no bitcoin sent to me. However on Paypal, he marked one of the transactions as "shipped".....electronicly....I'm thinking, What? I've paid you, and haven't received anything, but your marking things as electronically shipped?

I haven't heard from him in 9 days. He hasn't responded to any of my messages since 9 days ago. However he has logged onto here plenty of times, and then logs off without responding to my messages. If his paypal account is locked up, then i'm fine with patience, i've already waited 2 weeks since I sent him my first payment. But I need to be kept in the loop, as he obviously does not respond.

I am thankful that I used paypal. I just opened up 2 disputes, and will keep this thread posted on what happens.

KennethLBell, if your reading this. Why don't you respond here, since you obviously chose to ignore my messages. But I highly doubt you'll do any of it, and paypal will end up having to take control. What happened to the clear communication we originally had? or did you do that because you knew you were getting paid. And once you had the money you chose to ignore and not deliver the BTC. So what if you gave me a good deal on buying BTC, its not a deal if one person gets paid and the other gets nothing. If you want to send the BTC, go ahead and i'll cancel the dispute when I receive it. But I doubt you will.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:46:08 PM

Mistake #1 You didn't use escrow
Mistake #2 You chose to do business with a brand-new account
Mistake #3 You fell for the same shit twice

Seriously, for your own good just stay away from Bitcoin and stick with traditional methods of payment.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
BitcoinTristate

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

+Pro Traders on LocalBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 11:49:57 PM

This is a warning to all. Do not buy from KennethLBell.

A few weeks ago I was interested in buy bitcoin, but didn't want to wait the week for Coinbase. I made a WTB thread looking for bitcoin, and since i've been scammed before I wanted to use paypal in case. He messaged me that he was selling, and we worked out a deal. Here is his only for sale thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=392681.msg4233509#msg4233509

Shady, I know. But since I was using Paypal, I was slightly reassured. We agreed on a deal, and I paid him.....then I didn't hear from him for 3 days, nor did I get the BTC that I paid for. Obviously I knew it was a scam, but since it was new years (it was actually, Jan 1st) I decided to give it a extra day or, because I know people are out celebrating. Finally on the 4th day he contacts me and apologizes. I figured whatever, and we message plenty to figure things out. He says his Paypal is locked up, and can't access it. I know this is most likely true because at the same time I was doing another paypal-btc purchase, and that user had the same thing happen (eventually I did receive my btc from that guy). So we actually agree on a second deal, larger volume, and of course I pay him.

A day goes by, 2 days go by, 3, you get the picture. No communication from him, and no bitcoin sent to me. However on Paypal, he marked one of the transactions as "shipped".....electronicly....I'm thinking, What? I've paid you, and haven't received anything, but your marking things as electronically shipped?

I haven't heard from him in 9 days. He hasn't responded to any of my messages since 9 days ago. However he has logged onto here plenty of times, and then logs off without responding to my messages. If his paypal account is locked up, then i'm fine with patience, i've already waited 2 weeks since I sent him my first payment. But I need to be kept in the loop, as he obviously does not respond.

I am thankful that I used paypal. I just opened up 2 disputes, and will keep this thread posted on what happens.

KennethLBell, if your reading this. Why don't you respond here, since you obviously chose to ignore my messages. But I highly doubt you'll do any of it, and paypal will end up having to take control. What happened to the clear communication we originally had? or did you do that because you knew you were getting paid. And once you had the money you chose to ignore and not deliver the BTC. So what if you gave me a good deal on buying BTC, its not a deal if one person gets paid and the other gets nothing. If you want to send the BTC, go ahead and i'll cancel the dispute when I receive it. But I doubt you will.

Sorry for your horrible luck here.

I have great advice if you're new to Bitcoin. Try using www.Localbitcoins.com to purchase your coins next time. Try and work with payment methods such as Cash Deposit, MoneyGram, or Western Union. Only trade with traders with 100+ trades and skim through all their feedback. We're located there and we would be happy to buy and sell bitcoins anytime and help you through the process.

Tomatocage's comments may have sounded harsh, but unfortunately it is like the wild west out here in some parts. You should always stick to a trusted escrow service, especially when dealing with characters or individuals that you do not know. The point of Bitcoin is to be treated just like cash, there is no 2nd chances when sending. You wouldn't give a random person some money to cut around a corner to get something for you, the same applies to Bitcoin.

BitcoinTristate  ☎+1-917-686-6420   ..::Highest Volume Trader on Localbitcoins.com::..
    100% Feedback   $20,000 Daily Liquidity  15 Minute Cash in / Cash out   Western Union | MoneyGram | MoneyPak | CashDeposit |
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 09:07:09 PM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you most likely will not get your PayPal money back. I hope you do, but PayPal is very much against Bitcoin trading and their terms of service state they do not offer support for intangible items.

I purchased a domain name off Flippa awhile back and the seller sent me a stolen name. Godaddy took it out of my account and PayPal still gave him the funds even though I filed a dispute and he was using stolen PayPal accounts.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀