Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:57:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: API for Search Bitcoin  (Read 986 times)
jostmey (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2011, 01:49:31 PM

We have finally finished moving Search Bitcoin to our new VPS, and the website can now handle a larger volume of traffic.

We will be working on releasing our API to the public. In short, we want to allow open access to our data.

Here are links to the API documentation. It is in a rough state, but I will work on improving it. Basically, the API works through JSONP.

Let me know if you are particular features that you would like to see in the API. Also, if you plan on using the API please contact me, so that I know you are using it :-) I can provide example JavaScript files for accessing the API.

Search Bitcoin
Discover the bitcoin economy
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 01:54:24 AM

Let me know if you are particular features that you would like to see in the API. Also, if you plan on using the API please contact me, so that I know you are using it :-) I can provide example JavaScript files for accessing the API.

A request .. not for the API but for the site itself.  When I click on an item in the left pane (the "Live Feed"), what happens is the content in the right pane (the "Review Store") is updated with the item I clicked on.  However, that isn't intuitive and only realized that is what is happening after coming back to the site a few times.  Can there be some UX improvement on that?  If needed, maybe some animation or something to show how the click on the left results in a content update on the right?

Additionally, what would be a useful would be a "latest additions" view, so that I can see just what is new.

And lastly, ... a contact / feedback mechanism for requests like this perhaps?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

jostmey (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 05:29:54 AM

A request .. not for the API but for the site itself.  When I click on an item in the left pane (the "Live Feed"), what happens is the content in the right pane (the "Review Store") is updated with the item I clicked on.  However, that isn't intuitive and only realized that is what is happening after coming back to the site a few times.  Can there be some UX improvement on that?  If needed, maybe some animation or something to show how the click on the left results in a content update on the right?

Check out www.searchbitcoin.com/test and tell me if the changes are more intuitive.

Additionally, what would be a useful would be a "latest additions" view, so that I can see just what is new.

And lastly, ... a contact / feedback mechanism for requests like this perhaps?

I'll work on this. Thanks for the advice :-)

Search Bitcoin
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 07:42:49 PM

Check out www.searchbitcoin.com/test and tell me if the changes are more intuitive.

Hey, an active panel -- that works!

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

jostmey (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2011, 03:05:05 AM

I made some more UI changes. Can I get your feedback? Do you understand how to leave a review for a bitcoin store?

URL: http://www.searchbitcoin.com/test

Thanks

- Jared

Search Bitcoin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: