Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:29:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ACRO] ACROs - The truly decentralized coin!  (Read 3694 times)
RedBurrito (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:33:00 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 08:56:45 PM by RedBurrito

ACROs. The truly decentralized currency.

What is this coin?
This is a new 100% PoS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-stake) coin, (not another clone of NXT)  which instead of using specialized hardware to mine blocks, all the coins will be generated in the Genesis Block. Since there will be no mining to earn coins, the process of getting coins is done with forging (as mentioned by NXT developers) which can be done by leaving unlocked your wallet with some coins in it. The longer you leave your wallet open, the chances are better of getting coins, especially if you have a lot of coins.

All the coins are stored in the Network and not locally, which means that there are no 'wallet.dat' file, which can get lost over time, as proven before (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25138627). Now, even if you lose access to your computer, you will be able to access your coins from any other computer in the world.

Key Features

Trade ACROs - P2P - directly from the wallet - with *escrow*.
There is no need to sign up on exchangers to buy & sell ACROs *if ACRO goes on exchangers sometime. You can do that directly from the wallet, with absolutely no fees, directly & instantly with other users, with no need for middlemans. Give us a second explain how this works. Let's suppose that you want to buy some ACROs with bitcoins. You open up the wallet, and you see that another person is trying to sell ACROs for bitcoins. You click on the order,and you will be prompted with a bitcoin address to deposit the bitcoins to the seller's account. But before this happens you are required to provide your own bitcoin address, from which you will send the funds. Then you will be prompted the seller's address to transfer the funds. After you send the funds and click on the 'confirm' button of the wallet, your wallet will check weather the bitcoins were transfered from from the buyer's address to the seller's address. If the transfer has been made, the ACROs will be sent immediately on your account. And that's where the 'auto-escrow' come in place. When the seller created the sell order, the amount of ACROs were undertaken from the seller's account and transferred to another. Then, when the buyer confirmed that he transferred the bitcoins to the seller's address, the amount of ACROs are being transfered to his account, completing the order. The buyer/seller can cancel the order after 24 hours if the bitcoins have not been sent.

The major advantages of this are:
-Buy & sell ACROs with absolutely piece of mind, knowing that the other person can not scam each other.
-No need to trust exchangers, when depositing funds, as this is completely P2P.
-Buy & sell truly anonymously. No one will ever know you IP address (unlike exchangers)
-No middleman involved.
-No fees involved,
-Making it a truly decentralized currency

Other features:
Although there are many reports from NXT users(https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,833.0.html) that their wallet was brute forced and their coins were stolen. That's why we have implemented a code generator in the wallet letting you generate a strong password of over 40 random characters of upper & lowercase letters, numbers and symbols to be sure that your wallet is safe from these kind of attacks.

We are also developing a marketplace, where you will be able to buy & sell stuff for ACROs, directly from the wallet.

Also an Allias system will begin from the genesis block, letting you 'Tag' addresses with unique names or words making it very easy for someone to send you ACROs, giving your nickname for example.

And many more!! We have plenty ideas that will start to be developed in the near future!

Characteristics
The total ACROs are 98 million coins, that will be distributed to the donators. All of them will be generated in the genesis block. The transaction fees are 1 ACRO.

IPO
Because this is a 100% Pos coin, and because there won't be any mining, all the coins will be generated in the genesis block, which then will be divided among the users who donated. If you would like to get involved and get a share from the coins that will be generated in the genesis block, you could sent some bitcoins to the following address. After the launch, the only way to get Acros, is by trading them with bitcoins (through our wallet as we explained) or by participating in faucets, but the price of the much higher then.

Because of what happen with the developers of Shares and Visacoin, who conducted a similar fund raising and then disappeared, if any donator would like a refund, we will refund his amount of bitcoins (minus the 0.0005BTC transaction fee) within 24 hours. Just PM me, and withing 24 hours the bitcoins you donated will be returned to the same address. If I don't refund you within the time period, you have every right to call me a scammer, but until then, you have no right to trash our thread with scam comments. Doing so will result in a scam report. We guarantee you that we will refund you as soon as possible, as we understand that this is your money and not ours. Needless to say that if something goes wrong and we don't launch, we will refund everybody.

You can donate a minimum amount of 0.001BTC (less than a dollar at the moment of writing). As a public note along with the transaction, write the word 'bitcointalk' and then the first and last letter of your username (for eg: bitcointalk R....O). Right afterwards, PM me with the transaction list and an email preferably and I'll add you in the donators list.

There are going to be 2 parts of investments. From 15 to 24 January, the 60% of the total coins will be divided among the early investors. From 24 January to 20 February, the donators will get the other 40% of the total Acros that will be created in the genesis block. After 21 January we will post a new address to send your donations. Refunds of the first period after 22 January will not be given. Refunds of the second period will be given until 18 February as explained above.

Donation address: 1acro4YjpYkipEzcchQJ6y5AhXoJQsg1C - https://blockchain.info/address/1acro4YjpYkipEzcchQJ6y5AhXoJQsg1C

What's your status?
The wallet is ready (not a clone of NXT), the marketplace is ~70% done, while the P2P trading platform of the wallet is only at 60%. We have strong beliefs that until 20 February which is the launch date (save the date!!) everything will be ready. We are working on the whitepaper at the moment as well. We will begin designing our website when we are done with the development of the coin.

What about the source code?
We will release the source code a few days after launch. However, the P2P trading platform of the wallet will not be publicly available for a few months after launching. Linux, Windows and MacOSx wallets will be available on launch.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:34:43 PM

another pos IPO, so suprised...
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:35:00 PM

This is a new 100% PoS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-stake) coin, (not another clone of NXT) which means that you can earn coins from the transaction fees, instead of using specialized hardware to mine blocks.

This statement is a little bit confusing.
RedBurrito (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:39:37 PM

This is a new 100% PoS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-stake) coin, (not another clone of NXT) which means that you can earn coins from the transaction fees, instead of using specialized hardware to mine blocks.

This statement is a little bit confusing.

Yeap, I think you are right. Thanks for the observation
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:41:23 PM

OP, whats your tech background?
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:53:18 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400356.msg4341173#msg4341173

Not buying this IPO. Sounds exactly like all the other scams. Just like Neon, in fact.

You'd think a serious IPO dev would have serious questions for another IPO, other than just sharing a mere interest? Who in their right mind would associate themselves in any way with every other scam IPO we've seen in the last two weeks. They all sound the bloody same!

Same wishy washy promises, same vacuous, empty promises of development. ZERO to show for it.

Either someone is trying the same scam over and over, or you got the idea from Neon.

Prove you're a real IPO, or crawl back to the gutter you came from. The community is only going to tolerate this crap for so long.

PROVE IT.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
RedBurrito (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:55:25 PM

Not buying this IPO. Sounds exactly like all the other scams. Just like Neon, in fact.

You'd think a serious IPO dev would have serious questions for another IPO, other than just sharing a mere interest? Who in their right mind would associate themselves in any way with every other scam IPO we've seen in the last two weeks. They all sound the bloody same!

Same wishy washy promises, same vacuous, empty promises of development. ZERO to show for it.

Either someone is trying the same scam over and over, or you got the idea from Neon.

Prove you're a real IPO, or crawl back to the gutter you came from. The community is only going to tolerate this crap for so long.

PROVE IT.

Send me 100 bitcoins and I will return it to you just to prove a point.

We are also working on the whitepaper. Forgot to mention ^
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:04:07 PM

PROVE IT.

Send me 100 bitcoins and I will return it to you just to prove a point.

We are also working on the whitepaper. Forgot to mention ^

I'm not sending you a single Satoshi.

Even VisaCoin had a whitepaper. Is whitepaper somehow code for..well, code? Because a whitepaper is just a formal outline of implementation. Your IPO could be powered by fairydust and Unicorns, but it doesn't mean jack without any platform, code, or evidence.

Snake oil.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
panonym

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Help and Love one another ♥

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:29:08 PM

IPO = I don't even read

Make it proof of burn and I will read.
Bfljosh

Activity: 714

Skol!

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:07:28 PM

Op are you a Nigerian prince?
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:29:52 PM

PoS =

Piece

of

Stake

?
nocoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:40:56 PM

PROVE IT.

Send me 100 bitcoins
Quintessence of "IPO's".
drmagicblue

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:44:58 PM

Has there been a single IPO since NXT that wasn't a scam? Shares, Visacoin and Neon were all frauds.
xinyichao

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:58:42 PM

no one trust IPO again.

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:05:35 PM

Redburrito.

How about this

Full name
Address
Phone number (so we can call you and verify who you are)
etc, etc.. (this goes for your team members as well)

If this is legit, you will have no problem divulging your personal info. Actually, we demand it, as you are asking us to lots of money. We also want contracts, get a lawyer and have a boilerplate contract ready. etc.. etc... blah blah..

If ANYONE is asking you for money make sure you know who to come after (legally) if they ever scam you. A contract is a good thing to have as well. Without that you don't have much ground to stand on if something were to happen.

None of this will happen as you are a scammer kid working out of his parent's basement.

Tovey

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:48:17 AM

sounds good,I'll try it
princecash

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Joined primedice 18-02-2014/249 posts

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:09:59 PM

Your interest is only towards the IPO you did not mention if it is a scrypt or not and the amount coin is not known, personally i can not see any reason to mine or invest in this coin because basic information is not disclosed by the team.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: