Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:18:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you guys dollar cost averaged the BTC that you are holding?  (Read 639 times)
keithers (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:35:48 PM

Hey all, I'm sure that most of you have dollar cost averaged the BTC that you are currently holding in your portfolio.   Where do you all stand?  Me personally, I have put more money in over time, so my dollar cost average is getting up there.   It stands at slightly over $500/BTC.   I'm curious about the rest of you...especially early adopters if you have continued to invest over time.   
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:37:26 PM

I haven't done anything but buy and hodl.

best strategy ever.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:39:58 PM

I'm curious about the rest of you...especially early adopters if you have continued to invest over time.   

I assume that at some point most early adopters' portfolios became Bitcoin "heavy". If it's "heavy" enough, it wouldn't make sense to continue increasing that "weight".

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:47:49 PM

I'm curious about the rest of you...especially early adopters if you have continued to invest over time.   

I assume that at some point most early adopters' portfolios became Bitcoin "heavy". If it's "heavy" enough, it wouldn't make sense to continue increasing that "weight".

Yes, you are probably right, but they would still have a dollar cost average unless they mined all of them.  Actually evening mining them they would have a dollar cost average of some sort based off of electricity, equipment, etc...
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:49:14 PM

Yes, you are probably right, but they would still have a dollar cost average unless they mined all of them.  Actually evening mining them they would have a dollar cost average of some sort based off of electricity, equipment, etc...

Yes, mining is certainly a form of dollar cost averaging.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:55:08 PM

Yup. Mine is early $600s.

If I hadn't been screwed by bank transfers being backed up to exchanges and waiting to be verified in various places it would've been early $300s. I should've gone down the all localbitcoins route but that's easy to say in retrospect.

My first buys were under $200. By the time money got to Bitstamp the price was $750+

I plan to buy a few more if there's another dip but I've got a decent enough amount.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:57:17 PM

Yup. Mine is early $600s.

If I hadn't been screwed by bank transfers being backed up to exchanges and waiting to be verified in various places it would've been early $300s. I should've gone down the all localbitcoins route but that's easy to say in retrospect.

My first buys were under $200. By the time money got to Bitstamp the price was $750+

I plan to buy a few more if there's another dip but I've got a decent enough amount.

I got in around the $200 mark initially too.   When I purchased I was buying at nearly the all time high (around $200), so I bought less initially than I should have...
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:00:26 PM

Same here. I decided I wanted a set number of them just as the price decided to bonkers. If it had been a couple of weeks beforehand... ah well, I've still got plenty and I cherish my cheap ones.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: