Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:09:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Faucets and giveaways: where to start learning with few coins  (Read 1277 times)
Paizo (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:35:12 PM

I had a quick look to what faucets are and i'm interested to get my first satoshi to start learning more on bitcoin (Litecoin too Smiley )
by the quick look i found an ocean of referal chains where to checkout a single satoshi you have to make X referal...looks a bit spam.
Are there other kind of faucets and giveaway to quickly get started for a smallest amount of bitcoin/litecoin?
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:29:29 PM

I had a quick look to what faucets are and i'm interested to get my first satoshi to start learning more on bitcoin (Litecoin too Smiley )
by the quick look i found an ocean of referal chains where to checkout a single satoshi you have to make X referal...looks a bit spam.
Are there other kind of faucets and giveaway to quickly get started for a smallest amount of bitcoin/litecoin?

Faucets really aren’t worth your time or effort to be honest. Primce Dice has a free faucet but you have to gamble with it and win a certain amount before you can cash out. It's good fun, but maybe not the best way to spend your time.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:35:10 PM

What the person said above me is right. Faucets arent worth it, but heck if your just starting out and learning what bitcoins are then give it a go.

I only know old ones like bitvisitor that actually pay.

Jacce

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:50:20 PM

If you want faucets, check out http://free-btc.net.tf
I also recommend that once you become a full melber check out the giveaways on this forum and maybe sell signature space.
Paizo (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:16:00 PM

Thanks, it will take a while to reach 0.00005500 BTC at http://www.coinbox.me
Someone have tried coinURL?
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:19:29 PM

I don't think there worth it either. I tried them when I first started out and got nothing and wasted my time.
TwentyGotoTen

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:26:30 PM

most of the popular ones payout, but very small amounts after many sessions. good place to start to learn about how it works. ive been paid by coinad, bitvisitor, freecoin, new one bitcoinreserve.org you get paid in hours with a coinbase account. you're not going to get rich, but you can see how it works if you don't know anyone using it. sometimes I think everyone I personally know is an imbecile.
yatsey87

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:29:57 PM

most of the popular ones payout, but very small amounts after many sessions. good place to start to learn about how it works. ive been paid by coinad, bitvisitor, freecoin, new one bitcoinreserve.org you get paid in hours with a coinbase account. you're not going to get rich, but you can see how it works if you don't know anyone using it. sometimes I think everyone I personally know is an imbecile.

How much have you made total?
sniksen

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:25:15 PM

Try the ones in my signature. I've made enough to buy me a total of 300WDC(with some day-trading). coinbox.me sucks, so many captcas for so few little BTC. This week I'll get aprox. 0.015BTC from all my faucets and PTC sites. I'll trade these for altcoins and play the waiting game Grin

I don't care what people say when it pays of week after week, especially if you are smart.
yatsey87

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:43:28 PM

Try the ones in my signature. I've made enough to buy me a total of 300WDC(with some day-trading). coinbox.me sucks, so many captcas for so few little BTC. This week I'll get aprox. 0.015BTC from all my faucets and PTC sites. I'll trade these for altcoins and play the waiting game Grin

I don't care what people say when it pays of week after week, especially if you are smart.

You think it's worth it for 0.015BTC? How much time do you have to spend clicking on faucets and stuff.
MrDucats

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 08:16:17 PM

Faucets are fun but as you have found your way to this forum I do not think there is much you can gain from them.

I am not sure what your field of expertise is but many of the altcoin founders give coins for services. If you are a great designer this is a very easy way to enjoy your hobby and gain some free coins. Software developers are probably next.

If you do not have any knowledge about internet development you might be able to gain free coins by moderating a forum or promoting a coin. Many altcoin founders are very creative and provide many different ways to gain free coins.

If you do not want to do any of this you should keep a close eye on this forum, you will often find people giving free coins to next X replies. If even that doesn't work you can always go back to the faucets Wink
WayToGo

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:23:53 PM

Not worth the time I think.
leckey

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:11:10 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2014, 03:01:04 PM by leckey

try http://faucetsurfer.tk or http://visitbit.com

Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:35:14 PM

If you watch the Free Bitcoin Sites thread you can stay updated on what sites are working
and what ones may be down for various reasons.  These sites are verified before being
added to the list and are checked everyday by me and other followers of the thread.
Being on this site there is the additional safety of the thread being watched by the
moderators.

By following the Free Bitcoin Sites thread one can read the frequent comments about the
experiences others have had with these sites, making it easy - if one doesn't have a lot
of time to devote to checking all the sites out - to determine which ones are worth a visit
and which ones might be a waste of time.

Many of these free BTC site's owners/operators follow the thread as well and will post
themselves when there is something to report about their site. If one has an issue
with any of these sites, or one wants to contact a particular sites owner/operator,
one can ask in the thread to try and get an answer... with some of these sites
this might be the only way of contact.

Beware of copy-cat threads and web pages, who don't take care to check or maintain
their listings and often have dubious sites/links ( sometimes hidden behind url-shortener links...
i.e. you can't be sure what site you are actually going to when you click on their links. )
There are very many sites that have their own lists of free bitcoin sites, but many of them
are scams and are more interested in helping themselves than in helping newbies to get
started in the world of Bitcoin.

The link to the Free Bitcoin Sites thread is in my sig.
The newbie version of the thread can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90718
Paizo (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:36:25 PM

wow, thank you all for the help Smiley
I'll try some and leave a feedback
TwentyGotoTen

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:12:35 AM

I received exactly .00076183 in free bitcoin over a few weeks trying different faucets & ad viewing & video watching. I don't know how many hours I spent total, and because I was interested in what I was learning about, but if you break it down .00076183 btc is about 0.65 us pennies. Pretty sad really, lol. For me, now that I know how bitcoin works and what the best sites are, I won't be wasting any more time on faucets, or videos or ptc (paid to click). Most people with a job or any income at all (even collecting soda cans) are MUCH better off just buying some bitcoin from an exchange or in person(trust issues) and either saving them or using them for purchases. Just my opinion after a month of playing around with the crypto. Hopefully some newbs will find this and it will save you some time, effort, and energy. 
Paizo (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:52:03 AM

Ok then, finally i got my first 0.00005500 BTC using coinbox
http://www.coinbox.me/?a=18nmUYrnMzYXS3M7HBHBjsWdmFfWHgksco

what to say.. around a week entering captcha every now and then. I wont spend more time on that, it's totally worthless...
btw it's fine to get started.
Thank you for your help guys
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:55:37 AM

To tell you the truth these AD sites suck. But there are few sites that people list jobs paid for bitcoin there maybe you should look into this method.
Carterwyang

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:54:34 PM

Most faucet sites are crap trust me I tried them, they take way too much time for nearly dust, anyways there is one site that i use personally though, http://freebitco.in/?r=206654 , they give out between 200 microbtc and 0.2 if you're lucky and you cash out at 5600, btw using referrals here will boost your earnings rapidly, yesterday I was at 0.001 btc today I'm at 0.009 #referrals Smiley
krishatnet

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:57:08 PM

Faucets are not worth for your time. Try some other bitcoin earning sites.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: