Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:08:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: with $2000 Which coins would you buy?  (Read 4754 times)
flux252

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:21:36 PM

1st choice doge...i believe in the dog...then, maybe ltc...been alternating mining doge and ltc for now...
Chroustostroj

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:20:09 PM

Guys really  Grin
If you are thinking about long term investment, you should think about the possible future of each coin. All crypto-coins are very risky investment, even bitcoin. Now it is like wild-west, many alt-coins are trying to have a piece of the crypto-bussiness, to be "like bitcoin" and I believe most of them will fade away in to the dust. There will be only few survivors and I think it will be those who make their way into real world, to the merchants and to the people.

You think any merchant will ever use some doge coin which was developed because the dev behind really like the Shiba Inu and dogs in general ?

Would you personally accept some virtual crypto currency (which needs a lot of faith in crypto itself) DOGE coin as a payment for your goods/services ?  Grin
coinscommander

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:02:52 AM

If you want to invest for medium to long term you need to research coins that have unique features (not Bitcoin/Litecoin clones). You also need to beware of scamcoins which are either premined or instamined. And keep in mind if Bitcoin goes down, altcoins will follow.

From $2000 I would put:

$350 into Litecoin
$350 into Peercoin
$350 into Namecoin
$350 into Stablecoin
$600 into Bitcoin

They all have unique features and strong communities behind them. Make sure you never invest more than you can afford to lose!
tierneykong

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:18:25 AM

Im all about the dogecoin! Keep an eye on it!   Grin
turk

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:19:18 AM

First post here, and I think this is a decent thread to make it in.  I have been reading a decent amount trying to get educated on the variety of coins out there, and honestly outside Bit, LIT and maybe DOGE (due to the rapid growth) I don't think I would physically purchase any of the cryto coins.  That said, from what I have seen most people are just using the others to get bit anyways so if you don't have a lot of time to burn, or don't want to mess around with trying to download 10 different wallets for each coin then I would suggest just going straight for bit.  You don't have to use the exchanges, and could cruise through Craigslist and do a local meet up. 

That brings me to my next point, actual gold and silver (physical coins) are both at relatively lower spot prices, and that would be where I would recommend spending your cash first if you haven't yet.

AsmodeusHex

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:39:47 AM

I'm definitely not an expert by any means and I squandered my opportunities to buy in when BTC and LTC were low... now the altcoin that is most interesting to me is DevCoin (however due to the massive amount of devcoins out there I don't foresee their value jumping anytime soon). Although there's a few others that look promising. I think it's going to take a cryptocurrency that is novel and forward thinking and not just gimmicky or trying to capitalize on perceived fads (ANN, I'm looking at you, although who knows how that'll pan out) to have any real staying power or growth potential. I'm sure we'll see many more "pump and dump" coins in the near future. I would probably split up my money and put 3/4ths into some of the better known coins that look like they'll have positive growth and gamble the other 1/4th.
Broastr

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:56:50 AM

With $2000 dollars I will buy

$500 worth of Litecoins
$500 worth of Dogecoins
$500 worth of Namecoins
$500 worth of Peercoins

LOL Smiley
Slaxt

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Gone......

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:20:06 AM

$2000 Velocity Coin

TC is the worse thing to happen to default, needs to open his eyes and not jump to conclusions, not everyone lies!!! Anyway as promised I have left, pass word changed to long random which I will forget like that plonker who ruined a perfectly fine account.
terrabyte

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:58:02 AM

I thought I would spread around some BTCs into alternative coins. I wish I wouldn't have bothered.
One exchange I used was BTer.com because it was the only place that seemed to have the largest variety of coins I was interested in. For instance ProtoCoins.

In the end, not a fan of low-amount dabbling in other coins on BTer. For example, for some reason I was allowed to BUY 10 quarkcoins. But now I can't sell them because I don't have enough of them.  The 0.18% transaction cost on everything  really adds up too. Also found out that since the exchange holds the coins for you, then you can't get any of the benefit ProtoCoins offers (such as matched coins from their new offerings).

Having said all that though, I think some full on non-dabbling is warranted. Early on, the developers at FeatherCoin looked like they were creating something good, and it would have been a great speculative buy. LiteCOin has a lot of action going on for it overseas and should be strong. FastCoin is... fast.  Which they are trying to leverage.  Just do some homework, and watch CoinMarketCap to watch the tide of money.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:10:26 AM

$1800 Bitcoin
$200 Dogecoin

If Crypto succeeds it will be Bitcoin first. However, I am completely convinced you will want to be into at least 3 Alt coins as your Bitcoin hoard grows. Add some LTC as you get more cash.

right now i hold BTC, DOGE, and LTC. Everything else I only mess around with to get more BTC, DOGE, LTC.

Watch the Alts carefully though, one will rival Bitcoin in 5 years.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:02:40 AM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2014/01/13/a-100-worth-of-litecoin-a-year-ago-is-worth-30000-today/

Litecoin (LTC) all the way. Very undervalued right now and the number 2 crypto-currency.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
BlockMinter

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 05:03:49 AM

I would invest in doge , it has been in the news a lot lately and there is a ton of support for it.
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:25:02 AM

I think DOGE is a good bet as well, because it is really low. Also the Worldcoin is interesting with it's strong community behind it!

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
CryptoCurrencyInc.com

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:36:10 AM

$2000 can buy alot of bitcoin mining contracts.

╓▄▌██P                   
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                     
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                       
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                       
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                         
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                           
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                             
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                               
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                 
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:57:17 AM

1500$ in Bitcoin
400$ in Dogecoin

Spread the 100$ on a few alt coins you like Wink

trebuszek

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:55:01 AM

Hello everyone! This is my first post here.

I'd put a significant amount in Litecoin, like $1000 (I think it has a large potential for growth)
Another $500 would go into Bitcoin - duh.
The remaining $500 I'd put into Ron Paul Coin (RPC) now. I've a feeling it's going to seriously explode soon, once all the Ron Paul supporters get to know about it. It's only on coinedup now, but it's going on several new exchanges soon.

This is not trading advice, btw, just the way I'd handle it Smiley.
BitMinerLot

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:21:41 AM

I'd go all in and just buy Dogecoins, either you lose it or you gain 10-50x fold. Or some new currency that just hit the market and no one knows what to do with it yet.

What's the point of receiving like 20% or so? It won't change your life so who cares.

Either go big or go home, that's my concept anyway.
newtocrypto

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:36:07 PM

Personally i would wait until prices stabilize and then allocate mostly in to Bitcoin. I would also have say 25% in Litecoin and 10% or so in cheap altcoins that offer something genuinely different and that have a good dev team to support them. I would also advise deploying a percentage of profits made on crypto coins into precious metals as these are great value at the moment and are destined for big gains when the fiat currency experiment fails.   
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:53:30 PM

I agree with others in that id go mostly bitcoin, but some litecoin for diversity. Although I've been known to dabble with Quark (the food and the coin)
wiffwaff

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:38:53 PM

Bitcoin only.

Apparently we aren't allowed to demonstrate agreement with an opinion or add emphasis to a fact with a simple "+1".  I've recently had my "+1" posts removed.  Therefore, I'm typing out this message to indicate that I believe the quoted information needs extra emphasis to avoid being unnoticed in the rest of the chatter in this discussion. I may (or may not) also have added bold or underline tags to the text in the quote above to further emphasize the parts that I think are important to understand or be aware of.

It should be noted that if cryptocoins are going to "make it", then Bitcoin will lead this charge. In short, if only two of them make it to widespread adoption, Bitcoin will be one of those. With other alts, it's a matter of "Bitcoin plus perhaps X or Y", and that's the bigger gamble.

For that reason, I agree with the two previous authors: Bitcoin all the way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: